Kobe Bryant working with Candace Parker and Gabby Williams
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
MJST wrote:
Batguano wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Batguano wrote:
So what's Ingram's excuse again...?
didnt he go back home and was working out with his guy over the summer?
kobe aint the only person to work with. remember kobe wasnt working himself out when he was playing. who did kobe work with? other trainers. so dont kill BI or any other lakers for this.

now at some point in time. i do need to hear them all have gone to see kobe at least once.

Fair enough.

I agree. It doesn't need to happen YESTERDAY, as long as it happens at some point. And I know Ingram's been putting in the work this summer going through different skills trainers.

It's just a little disappointed it hasn't happened yet since Ingram has been talking about doing it since he came into the league. I believe even the Lakers management verbally encouraged him to seek out and train with Kobe during his exit interview.

Add the fact that Kuzma has already done it (along with countless other players from other teams) and it adds to the impatience...

Ingram has all the tools. I personally believe he has the highest upside of any of our young guys, because of his unique combination of skills and measurables. If he is able to acquire even 25% of Kobe's footwork/ballhandling skills he is going to be a problem in this league.

Hell, it's not JUST Ingram. I'm hoping that even LeBron can get some training in with Kobe and that they develop some kind of Apollo/Rocky bond.

past few weeks I think Ingram's been back.

I think that any of the youngsters that are in Los Angeles should be taking advantage of working with Kobe. He's willing to teach anyone whom asks and makes the effort. It's very apparent.

Seeing him make jumpers again and the fact he's teaching his turnaround gets me misty eyed.

After listening to LFR Podcast with Micah Lancaster, I understand Ingram not working with Kobe for now. His training now is about developing every facet of his game, improving his weaknesses, like mastering the basics of everything.

Like footwork?
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

After listening to LFR Podcast with Micah Lancaster, I understand Ingram not working with Kobe for now. His training now is about developing every facet of his game, improving his weaknesses, like mastering the basics of everything.

Like footwork?

Kobe would be for his PhD in footwork.
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

Maybe he has already worked with Bean. Not everyone is as proactive as Kuz is on social media.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
MJST wrote:
Batguano wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Batguano wrote:
So what's Ingram's excuse again...?
didnt he go back home and was working out with his guy over the summer?
kobe aint the only person to work with. remember kobe wasnt working himself out when he was playing. who did kobe work with? other trainers. so dont kill BI or any other lakers for this.

now at some point in time. i do need to hear them all have gone to see kobe at least once.

Fair enough.

I agree. It doesn't need to happen YESTERDAY, as long as it happens at some point. And I know Ingram's been putting in the work this summer going through different skills trainers.

It's just a little disappointed it hasn't happened yet since Ingram has been talking about doing it since he came into the league. I believe even the Lakers management verbally encouraged him to seek out and train with Kobe during his exit interview.

Add the fact that Kuzma has already done it (along with countless other players from other teams) and it adds to the impatience...

Ingram has all the tools. I personally believe he has the highest upside of any of our young guys, because of his unique combination of skills and measurables. If he is able to acquire even 25% of Kobe's footwork/ballhandling skills he is going to be a problem in this league.

Hell, it's not JUST Ingram. I'm hoping that even LeBron can get some training in with Kobe and that they develop some kind of Apollo/Rocky bond.

past few weeks I think Ingram's been back.

I think that any of the youngsters that are in Los Angeles should be taking advantage of working with Kobe. He's willing to teach anyone whom asks and makes the effort. It's very apparent.

Seeing him make jumpers again and the fact he's teaching his turnaround gets me misty eyed.

Like footwork?
you are correct, all of you are. i was just saying dont kill our guys for it...YET. I think some of the players are semi afraid of kobe based on who they heard he was vs who he really is. meaning, they dont realize how much of a teacher he is of the fundamentals like a real life coach. they think of him more of an MJ type. super arrogant, super quick to tell you to do something and to snap when you can't do it. that aint kobe the trainer. all anyone has to do is watch this clip with the ladies and you would see how he trains. he's not yelling at anyone. he's explaining everything in smallest of details possible to make sure you can see every piece. this is what all of players need. and learning it from him is as good as learning it from any trainer out there.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
Maybe he has already worked with Bean. Not everyone is as proactive as Kuz is on social media.
that too
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: