KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 625, 626, 627 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

KL is a FA in 2019, why would you lock this thread.

They have a max slot open now that they've removed Deng from the picture.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
time to lock or move this thread. With Deng bought out, it would take too many assets to get KL.

lol what
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
time to lock or move this thread. With Deng bought out, it would take too many assets to get KL.

Lmao wtf are you high
Vampirate
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

Lmao wtf are you high

Gotta love Laker haters masquerading as "fans" posting here
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:

Because the Lakers lounge is a place to discuss current players or ones that are rumored to join the team in the short term. Moving it to general discussion would be appropriate for now.
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
PengShow wrote:

Because the Lakers lounge is a place to discuss current players or ones that are rumored to join the team in the short term. Moving it to general discussion would be appropriate for now.

He was rumored to join the lakers via trade all summer and free agency next summer. The thread is appropriate
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
PengShow wrote:

Since when? There was an official LeBron James thread and an official Paul George thread for over a year in the lounge.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Hopefully it becomes apparent that Bonga was Masai Ujiri's pick.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I was just thinking about Jerry West and how the Clip could be competition for Kawhi. Then all of a sudden something click, Jerry West bleeds purple and gold.

Since Jerry got hired by the Clips, Jun 19, 2017 the Clipper downfall started. Maybe Magic n West are chuckling in private and the Clips are just clueless to what is happening.

Jun 26, 2017 - Chris Paul traded (Heart and Soul of the Clippers)
Jun 30, 2017 - Blake Griffin sign Max Contract (Clip for Life) lol
Jan 29, 2018 - Blake Griffin best stud draft pick in there history Traded
Jul 1, 2018 - D Jordan agrees to a free agent deal with Dallas

Paul, Griffin, Jordan = Lou, Beverly, Avery, Tobias, Shai (11th pick) n low Houston 1st round pick.

Way to go Logo (purple and gold)
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

Lmao wtf are you high

He probably meant that Deng’s salary would have allowed a KL trade to happen more easily. But with Deng gone, we would have to trade a lot of young guys (whose salaries are relatively low) in order to match salaries with KL’s. That’s probably what he meant. Although, he is still wrong bc we can trade Rondo, Lance, McGee etc at deadline
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Not really. After 12/15, could aggregate Rondo/Lance/Beez to get us into the 19m range. Or if KCP gives his consent, could trade him and his 12m as well.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

I don’t disagree with moving this thread. We had a stupid Paul George thread here all last season. I’m sure I’ve complained about it the too. People thought he would have been handed to us on a silver platter or something.

If we decide to keep a Kawhi thread here, let’s also start a Durant and a Butler one. I mean, what’s the difference, right?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I don’t disagree with moving this thread. We had a stupid Paul George thread here all last season. I’m sure I’ve complained about it the too. People thought he would have been handed to us on a silver platter or something.

If we decide to keep a Kawhi thread here, let’s also start a Durant and a Butler one. I mean, what’s the difference, right?

Well... if you can point out the times KD and Butler's teams said he wanted L.A.
PG and Kawhis teams have said he wanted to be traded and to the Lakers or L A.
I think that warrants a thread here.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

Kawhi buying a home in Toronto...
https://twitter.com/peteyannopoulos/status/1038794438712033282?s=21

The comment section has some interesting real estate tidbits why this news is either something or nothing.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Kawhi buying a home in Toronto...
https://twitter.com/peteyannopoulos/status/1038794438712033282?s=21

The comment section has some interesting real estate tidbits why this news is either something or nothing.

I would buy 7 homes in TO if I lived there for a year and I had 100Ms in the bank
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Kawhi may pick signing with Clippers over the Lakers?

Quote:
Shelburne: “When we checked on that back in July, we were told no that (Kawhi Leonard preferring the Lakers to the Clippers) was not accurate - that’s what the Spurs think, but he really does want to be a Laker, but this was before the trade to Toronto. So now he’s in Toronto, and Toronto is pulling out all the stops.”

“I’ve had several people say that the whole Laker mystique doesn’t hold any appeal for Kawhi, that’s not why he wanted to be with the Lakers. He wanted to be with the Lakers because he thought they were closer to winning. Then they went out and got LeBron and several people who know Kawhi, talk to Kawhi say he’s not going to like that, he’s not going to want to play in his shadow. But the people who I actually trust in terms of they matter in his decision making, they said no he still wants to be with the Lakers because they’re closer to winning.”

“Now I don’t know where he is now that he’s in Toronto.”

”I would say (Kawhi’s preference to sign next season): Clippers #1, Toronto #2, Lakers #3... I think it’s fluid, but I would say I don’t think that LeBron and Kawhi have a history together. They’re not friends, Kawhi’s not really friends with anyone.”

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/15/17863274/kawhi-leonard-not-swayed-by-mystique-of-lakers-more-likely-to-sign-with-clippers-raptors
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

"Leonard will not be a Laker"

Now that this is settled we can move on to focusing on this team, this season and worry about free agents next summer.

You would think I would be used to all the annual drama and useless speculation concerning players and the Lakers.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Kawhi may pick signing with Clippers over the Lakers?

Quote:
Shelburne: “When we checked on that back in July, we were told no that (Kawhi Leonard preferring the Lakers to the Clippers) was not accurate - that’s what the Spurs think, but he really does want to be a Laker, but this was before the trade to Toronto. So now he’s in Toronto, and Toronto is pulling out all the stops.”

“I’ve had several people say that the whole Laker mystique doesn’t hold any appeal for Kawhi, that’s not why he wanted to be with the Lakers. He wanted to be with the Lakers because he thought they were closer to winning. Then they went out and got LeBron and several people who know Kawhi, talk to Kawhi say he’s not going to like that, he’s not going to want to play in his shadow. But the people who I actually trust in terms of they matter in his decision making, they said no he still wants to be with the Lakers because they’re closer to winning.”

“Now I don’t know where he is now that he’s in Toronto.”

”I would say (Kawhi’s preference to sign next season): Clippers #1, Toronto #2, Lakers #3... I think it’s fluid, but I would say I don’t think that LeBron and Kawhi have a history together. They’re not friends, Kawhi’s not really friends with anyone.”

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/15/17863274/kawhi-leonard-not-swayed-by-mystique-of-lakers-more-likely-to-sign-with-clippers-raptors

Ramona said a lot....... while saying absolutely nothing! She was all, over the place. We will see next July where his head is at. As of right now, who cares. What in his head now is irrelevant. What's in his head next July is what's important. Have we learned anything for the PG fiasco? We will cross this bridge when it's time. We have an exciting season coming up. Let's enjoy that. Until next summer....f _at_ &$ Kawhi!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hopefully it becomes apparent that Bonga was Masai Ujiri's pick.

LOL! We know how much they like players who are a few years away from being a few years away.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

Kawhi signing with the Clips would be more idiotic than PG re-upping with the Thunder, and that's saying a lot.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

Paul, Griffin, Jordan = Lou, Beverly, Avery, Tobias, Shai (11th pick) n low Houston 1st round pick.

Way to go Logo (purple and gold)

Ouch, don't do logo like that

Maginka on other hand

D'Lo, Randle, Nance, JC, Mozgov, Deng, Lou = LeBron, Josh Hart, Mo', our 1 yr rentals, max cap space

Grade...A+
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Kawhi signing with the Clips would be more idiotic than PG re-upping with the Thunder, and that's saying a lot.

Makes zero sense. Hope Kawhi gets the itch back for competing deep in the playoffs, and also badly longs to be back home.. We’d be the only choice then
He lived with his mom in SA, I’d imagine they’d prefer to be home in LA
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

zero chance my focus will be on anything other than the unbelievable team we have this year. We winning the ring and guys will be begging to come here. unfortunately for them
Kuz, BI, Zo will all be almost as good if not better than some of these so called "stars".
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
zero chance my focus will be on anything other than the unbelievable team we have this year. We winning the ring and guys will be begging to come here. unfortunately for them
Kuz, BI, Zo will all be almost as good if not better than some of these so called "stars".

Now that Lebron is here, the national media is no longer going to sleep on the Lakers young core...they will soon find out because they will actually be watching Lakers games this season.

Without a doubt, the Lakers will be choosing who they want in summer 2019. No more begging FAs.

Kuz, BI, Lonzo and even Hart will show that they are better than some of the “name” players, imo.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

https://t.co/SlFPH3rz25
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 625, 626, 627 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 626 of 878
Jump to: