Botham Jean Shooting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Why nothing about her toxicology report?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

@AH Were these search warrants necessary to make evidence allowable in court?

Is it SOP to perform toxicology reports on officers after a shooting in Texas? If so are they public records or is the policy not to reveal them.

Lawyers "disgusted" by release of search warrant showing marijuana found in Botham Jean's apartment

LINK

Quote:

DALLAS - Following the shooting death of Botham Jean by the hands of Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, multiple search warrants were executed at Jean’s apartment as part of the investigation.

Attorneys for Botham Jean's family are outraged that the document describing drug evidence became public on the same day of his funeral.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Is it SOP to perform toxicology reports on officers after a shooting in Texas? If so are they public records or is the policy not to reveal them.

Lawyers "disgusted" by release of search warrant showing marijuana found in Botham Jean's apartment

LINK

Quote:

DALLAS - Following the shooting death of Botham Jean by the hands of Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, multiple search warrants were executed at Jean’s apartment as part of the investigation.

Attorneys for Botham Jean's family are outraged that the document describing drug evidence became public on the same day of his funeral.

you beat me to it. pathetic. I dont care if the dude was on PCP and washed it down with a bottle of smirnoff. He was in his own home. All we need to know is what was she doing there, what was the real reason she ended up at his door, and at what point did she decide to shoot him? dude could've been an isis recruit. it still wouldnt matter as far as the off duty officer is concerned.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

Since the policewoman was not arrested for almost 3 days after she ended this man's life does that mean no drug or alcohol tests were performed until the arrest?

I have no legal knowledge but that logically seems like a incredibly serious violation. Murder a person and get three free days to try and flush any drugs out of her system?

I think Bothams parents should begin petitioning the FBI immediately. 3 days to arrest a Murderer? This is a Civil Rights issue and the case is already off course and should not be investigated by anyone from Texas
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The state prosecutor should demand it (you're a lawyer, you would right?) and use the leak of the victims drug screen to convince jury the local PD try to cover up (along with other evidence)
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

No, but Texas law still required it. Obviously, the resident of the property could not consent to the search. In theory, the estate could have brought a claim for a warrantless search. As I understand it, this is standard operating procedure. Making the return public is a different matter.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The state prosecutor should demand it (you're a lawyer, you would right?) and use the leak of the victims drug screen to convince jury the local PD try to cover up (along with other evidence)

There may not be a report yet. These things sometimes take a couple weeks.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There may not be a report yet. These things sometimes take a couple weeks.

Wonder if we can watch this on TV like the zimmerman's (side note, I'm still confused about the prosecutor's glee after the verdict)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No, but Texas law still required it. Obviously, the resident of the property could not consent to the search. In theory, the estate could have brought a claim for a warrantless search. As I understand it, this is standard operating procedure. Making the return public is a different matter.

Is it SOP to perform toxicology reports on officers after a shooting in Texas? If so are they public records or is the policy not to reveal them?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Is it SOP to perform toxicology reports on officers after a shooting in Texas? If so are they public records or is the policy not to reveal them?

I know that there was a toxicology test in this case. I don’t know whether there have been results. I would expect the results to become public at some point, but I don’t know of a policy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I know that there was a toxicology test in this case. I don’t know whether there have been results. I would expect the results to become public at some point, but I don’t know of a policy.

Were the tests done right after the shooting? It's my understanding she wasn't charged for 3 days. Is that when the tests were done?

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

I think, but do not know for certain, that a toxicology test is automatic after a police shooting.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Most common sense explanation to date...

Beau Nails It
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Most common sense explanation to date...

Beau Nails It

Eh, Dr. Funkbot gave that explanation on page 2 of this thread. As for his other comments, this crime is not capital murder in Texas. Police corruption is not a sport in the South. If BLM and the like have taught us anything about the police, it is that the police have the same sorts of issues everywhere. The police department in a large city like Dallas will operate pretty much the same as the police department in any other large city.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Woman killed him because she was a homicidal maniac who didn't like uppity negros who played their music too loud and smiled too much.. my best bet

Quote:
People are so ungrateful

No one ever thanks me
for having the patience
to not kill them

https://www.stlucianewsonline.com/short-tempered-amber-guyger-shared-posts-likening-colin-kaepernick-to-cancer-and-memes-saying-people-were-ungrateful-she-didnt-kill-them/
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Dallas Police, DA Refuse to Release 911 Call, Records From When Amber Guyger Shot Botham Jean

https://www.theroot.com/dallas-police-da-refuse-to-release-911-call-records-f-1829506092

SURE.. Release that the victim had marijuana in his home immediately

but the cop gets protected?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Woman killed him because she was a homicidal maniac who didn't like uppity negros who played their music too loud and smiled too much.. my best bet

Quote:
People are so ungrateful

No one ever thanks me
for having the patience
to not kill them

https://www.stlucianewsonline.com/short-tempered-amber-guyger-shared-posts-likening-colin-kaepernick-to-cancer-and-memes-saying-people-were-ungrateful-she-didnt-kill-them/

Shameful
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Dallas Police, DA Refuse to Release 911 Call, Records From When Amber Guyger Shot Botham Jean

https://www.theroot.com/dallas-police-da-refuse-to-release-911-call-records-f-1829506092

This part is normal. Releasing the search warrant return was abnormal.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

This part is normal. Releasing the search warrant return was abnormal.

And came with the obvious agenda that oddly seems to only rear its head when it's a black man that;'s the victim of the officer's bullet . . . kinda like when a white guy shoots 7 cops (killing one) and he gets taken into custody after a peaceful negotiation process where as a black guy grabs a cellphone or wallet, they get pumped full of lead.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger has been indicted on a murder charge in the killing of Botham Jean, a neighbor whom she fatally shot after entering his apartment in September, according to authorities.

The indictment was announced by Dallas County District Attorney Faith Johnson. Guyger had been arrested in the days after the shooting and charged with manslaughter. Johnson said a grand jury had returned with the murder charge.

According to the Texas code, a person has committed murder if he or she intentionally or knowingly caused the death of another person or intended to injure someone while committing a dangerous act. A conviction on a first-degree felony can bring a maximum sentence of 99 years.

Murder Indictment
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

Okay, here we go. This looks like it is going to be entertaining. Sexually explicit texts from a cop to her partner, with whom she had an on-and-off relationship? Bring it on!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2019/09/24/testimony-resumes-in-murder-trial-of-amber-guyger-for-shooting-botham-jean/
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Okay, here we go. This looks like it is going to be entertaining. Sexually explicit texts from a cop to her partner, with whom she had an on-and-off relationship? Bring it on!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2019/09/24/testimony-resumes-in-murder-trial-of-amber-guyger-for-shooting-botham-jean/

Why would the text/call from boyfriend be relevant? distracted mind?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

I think that the prosecution is going to suggest what I've been saying from page 1 of this thread: That it wasn't an accident at all that she was in Jean's apartment that night.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

I need clarification if there was a noise complaint from her apartment about Botham or not

Also HOW did she gain entry to his apartment???

I say it was fulblown premeditated murder
All they can come up with is "sexting" her social media has posts about how lucky people are she doesn't kill them

Blind Justice had better prevail

Just wait til they try to smear the character of the murdered negro.

If she is not convicted then her commanding officers and trainers must be held
Accountable for her actions

Whose training is so horrible they can't even recognize their Own apartment

Her retardation is enough to lock her up
Never allowed to own a gun again
She murdered a man in cold blood sitting in his own apartment

Almost feels like prosecutors came up with this BS texting crap to Help her case
Better proof of distraction vs malice or even overworked
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

NPZ helped me clear up the door

I should post this here since it's best here

This is very very interesting

Thank you NPZ. I didn't want to read more about this. Such a good man murdered for what? Why..

Anyhow I found this in your article

Quote:
If there was one element of the case that the prosecutors and the defense agreed on, it was that Mr. Jean’s door was closed that night but not locked. Mr. Rogers said it was defective and slightly ajar, and at times would shut but not latch, which was what had allowed Ms. Guyger to enter an apartment that was not hers.

Pretty serious (bleep) there. So the prosection agrees his door lock didn't work properly? Hmm
So, the electronic door was malfunctioning and there was a work order in?

I'll research this more later. That door lock was a big piece of her story being lies
What a mfing coincidence
Cop goes to wrong floor with car
Wrong floor with feet
Wrong door with her own eyes
And Voila it also happens to be a broken lock.
Amazing eh?

I'll have to skim again for the noise complaint. News was it was on the morning he was killed and came from her Apt
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11
Jump to: