KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 626, 627, 628 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Kawhi may pick signing with Clippers over the Lakers?

Quote:
Shelburne: “When we checked on that back in July, we were told no that (Kawhi Leonard preferring the Lakers to the Clippers) was not accurate - that’s what the Spurs think, but he really does want to be a Laker, but this was before the trade to Toronto. So now he’s in Toronto, and Toronto is pulling out all the stops.”

“I’ve had several people say that the whole Laker mystique doesn’t hold any appeal for Kawhi, that’s not why he wanted to be with the Lakers. He wanted to be with the Lakers because he thought they were closer to winning. Then they went out and got LeBron and several people who know Kawhi, talk to Kawhi say he’s not going to like that, he’s not going to want to play in his shadow. But the people who I actually trust in terms of they matter in his decision making, they said no he still wants to be with the Lakers because they’re closer to winning.”

“Now I don’t know where he is now that he’s in Toronto.”

”I would say (Kawhi’s preference to sign next season): Clippers #1, Toronto #2, Lakers #3... I think it’s fluid, but I would say I don’t think that LeBron and Kawhi have a history together. They’re not friends, Kawhi’s not really friends with anyone.”

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/15/17863274/kawhi-leonard-not-swayed-by-mystique-of-lakers-more-likely-to-sign-with-clippers-raptors

LeBron is changing that narrative with Kawhi: https://twitter.com/theundefeated/status/1032657466029498368?s=21
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Ramona is a terrible
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Ramona is a terrible

She's a great reporter with some of the best sources but her takes have been awful lately especially regarding the Lakers. Trying to (bleep) on the Lakers just to fit in with the others
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:
Shelburne: “When we checked on that back in July, we were told no that (Kawhi Leonard preferring the Lakers to the Clippers) was not accurate - that’s what the Spurs think, but he really does want to be a Laker, but this was before the trade to Toronto. So now he’s in Toronto, and Toronto is pulling out all the stops.”

“I’ve had several people say that the whole Laker mystique doesn’t hold any appeal for Kawhi, that’s not why he wanted to be with the Lakers. He wanted to be with the Lakers because he thought they were closer to winning. Then they went out and got LeBron and several people who know Kawhi, talk to Kawhi say he’s not going to like that, he’s not going to want to play in his shadow. But the people who I actually trust in terms of they matter in his decision making, they said no he still wants to be with the Lakers because they’re closer to winning.”

”I would say (Kawhi’s preference to sign next season): Clippers #1, Toronto #2, Lakers #3... I think it’s fluid, but I would say I don’t think that LeBron and Kawhi have a history together. They’re not friends, Kawhi’s not really friends with anyone.”

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/15/17863274/kawhi-leonard-not-swayed-by-mystique-of-lakers-more-likely-to-sign-with-clippers-raptors

LeBron is changing that narrative with Kawhi: https://twitter.com/theundefeated/status/1032657466029498368?s=21

Kawhi will do whatever he pleases, at the end of the day. Lakers will likewise probably open to a variety of options....
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject:

Vampirate wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
time to lock or move this thread. With Deng bought out, it would take too many assets to get KL.

Lmao wtf are you high

Gotta love Laker haters masquerading as "fans" posting here

Have you increased your post count since this reply?
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'll take a healthy Kawhi over anyone except KD possibly.

If he wasn’t healthy, do you think he would show up at UCLA along with the other healthy NBA stars? I think he would be at some rehab facility instead.

What's healthy? He could be at 80% and still show up to "practice".

We have no clue how intense the workouts were. Or how much he played. Maybe most importantly how he felt the next day.

Only this season will tell how healthy he truly is. He could pass a physical, look great during camp and pre-season and then have quad/knee issues 20 games into the season.

The man played 9 games last season. Released reports were concerning with the potential long term and recurring effects of his injury. I would like to see more sustained activity at a high level before I start calling him healthy.

He plays 70 games and re-establishes himself as a top 10 player and he would be my number one free agent target. Before then I prefer the Lakers remain patient.

In hindsight, would you still have played it safe?
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

Funny how everything in the first two quotes was about winning, and then last quote randomly puts Clippers at #1. Makes zero sense
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

I’d fully expect Kawhi to stay in Toronto. They are winning, it’s a team that nobody really cares about in the weaker conference, suits him perfectly. Dude is a serious introvert who already has his chips, playing in BFE and racking up wins low key is perfect for him.

You could make the argument that Toronto has bad weather or that he’d like to come back play in Cali because he’s from riverside. That being said, riverside sucks and Toronto doesn’t...and I don’t see Kawhi ad being an outdoor sports kinda guy so who cares about the weather. I think he’s staying there forever.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

I've learned a few things about KL:

1. what you think you know about him, we don't know. He could stay. He could join the Lakers. He could join the Clips. Who knows.

2. he has no friends in the NBA. So if LBJ and others are trying to sell him on being buddies, that will fall on deaf ears most likely.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I’d fully expect Kawhi to stay in Toronto. They are winning, it’s a team that nobody really cares about in the weaker conference, suits him perfectly. Dude is a serious introvert who already has his chips, playing in BFE and racking up wins low key is perfect for him.

You could make the argument that Toronto has bad weather or that he’d like to come back play in Cali because he’s from riverside. That being said, riverside sucks and Toronto doesn’t...and I don’t see Kawhi ad being an outdoor sports kinda guy so who cares about the weather. I think he’s staying there forever.

Plus he just signed some ridiculous deal with New Balance. He had a whole country behind him. A whole country of ugly jersey sales. And they are winning. If we don’t get Durant then it may look bad that we didn’t even attempt to meet San Antonio’s ridiculous trade demands. Even if they didn’t want to trade him to us at all.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

The Spurs were looking for the best trade package they could get. Toronto’s was better than anything we could have offered.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

If you see the way Kawhi plays, I don't think he fits with Lebron. My preference is Durant or Thompson.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

The dude who closest reminds me of Michael Jordan (yes, even more so than Kobe, with his ginormous Jordan-esque hands) isn't going anywhere. At least that's what I think. He's an interesting guy, but an introvert who seems to like the low key setting he's in. He's also a world champion, so if anybody knows what's best for Kawhi, it's Kawhi.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

Best thing we have is that he is from the IE. Sell him on being home. The "NBKL" would fly off the shelf's in stores if he puts on that Purple and gold.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Best thing we have is that he is from the IE. Sell him on being home. The "NBKL" would fly off the shelf's in stores if he puts on that Purple and gold.

He'll pick the Clips over us if being home is a priority. Dude was never a Laker fan growing up.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

He'll pick the Clips over us if being home is a priority. Dude was never a Laker fan growing up.

He's shown nothing his entire career that would indicate the appeal of being in the bright lights of LA as a Laker. So I would actually agree that if he were to choose to..."come home", it would be with the unfortunate, loser, lame, wack, terrible, unwatchable, unfathomable Clippers.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

FWIW, Cowherd said in his show recently that his NBA source told him that no chance of KL coming to the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
FWIW, Cowherd said in his show recently that his NBA source told him that no chance of KL coming to the Lakers.

Sadly I can see that. He seems to want to be OUT of the spotlight. Lakers isn't that.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

He's shown nothing his entire career that would indicate the appeal of being in the bright lights of LA as a Laker. So I would actually agree that if he were to choose to..."come home", it would be with the unfortunate, loser, lame, wack, terrible, unwatchable, unfathomable Clippers.

Bron would get all the lights and attention if he comes here. If he goes to the clips he will get all the attention.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Well if we can't sign him then hopefully he'll stay in Toronto in the Eastern Conference.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

I'm sensing it's KD or bust.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Same.

We're going for the jugular with a "super team" of our own.

KD and LeBron on the same team?

Come on....

I mean...

Come on!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Ditto.

I just don’t see Kawhi or Klay, just a feeling.

AD I could see, but it’s awfully tough to pull it off when it’s through trade.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It's KD or they have to go to a lower tier with Kemba or Middleton.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

One can only hope Draymond will remind KD that the Warriors "won without you" and call him a (bleep) at least one more time this season. I can see Mr. Sensitive wanting to stick it to Dray by coming here and beating the Warriors in the playoffs if he stays butthurt.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 626, 627, 628 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 627 of 878
Jump to: