Marbury thinks Zion Williamson will be better then LeBron

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Marbury thinks Zion Williamson will be better then LeBron

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-stephon-marbury-thinks-zion-williamson-is-better-than-lebron-james/amp/
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Well, Kobe rose to the top of all the ‘next’ MJ, leaving the pretenders in the dust, T-Mac, Grant Hill, Vince Carter.

Now the next LeBron contest is up, Ben Simmons is in the lead and now Zion Williamson getting mentioned... we’ll see
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Well, Kobe rose to the top of all the ‘next’ MJ, leaving the pretenders in the dust, T-Mac, Grant Hill, Vince Carter.

Now the next LeBron contest is up, Ben Simmons is in the lead and now Zion Williamson getting mentioned... we’ll see

i agree lol, but those are harsh words! Tmac Hill and Vince were all IMO technically better than LBJ. Simmons is the next LBJ. You know why LBJ never got to MJ level? BEcause he's not a great scorer! Thats why Kobe did, and those other 3 are more suitable as well.

So, there are two things to be the next LBJ. Be physically rather large, and do a whole lot really well except scoring. Yup, still Simmons. And also get most people to think you are great at scoring because you have the ppg, you need to pull that off as well.

But lebron was unique. He came into the league guaranteed to succeed regardless of what happened. As David RObinson said of DUncan, his resume was already written when he entered the league.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

Barring injury I just don't see how Zion doesn't succeed in the NBA, and if you gave me a choice between him and Ben Simmons right now I'd take Zion. The guy is one of the most explosive athletes I've ever seen, and looks to have a way better jumper than Simmons. Can't wait to see him play in the NBA.... except for if the Celtics ended up with him (which right now seems like they'd have a real good shot at him which just kills me).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

That’s great. There is always going to be a Next Great Thing. A few years ago, it was Andrew Wiggins. There have been a bunch of others. Marvin Williams. Harold Miner. There was another obvious example, but I’m drawing a blank on his name. I think he went to USC.

One day, one of these kids will live up to the hype. We should look forward to it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Barring injury I just don't see how Zion doesn't succeed in the NBA, and if you gave me a choice between him and Ben Simmons right now I'd take Zion. The guy is one of the most explosive athletes I've ever seen, and looks to have a way better jumper than Simmons. Can't wait to see him play in the NBA.... except for if the Celtics ended up with him (which right now seems like they'd have a real good shot at him which just kills me).

I think there are ways his game may not translate to the NBA. But too soon to tell.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I think there are ways his game may not translate to the NBA. But too soon to tell.

Yeah, I mean the dude just got out of high school and just started facing tougher competition, so I could be dead wrong like I've been many times. But I was one of those who loved Randle here, and I see Zion as an even more athletic Randle with a better jumper (though yeah, he's a few inches shorter), so I'm partial to the guy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Yeah, I mean the dude just got out of high school and just started facing tougher competition, so I could be dead wrong like I've been many times. But I was one of those who loved Randle here, and I see Zion as an even more athletic Randle with a better jumper (though yeah, he's a few inches shorter), so I'm partial to the guy.

I want to see him against NCAA comp and see how his skills translate.

His athletic talent is undeniable. Just want to see the other parts of his game too.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Lebron is one of the greatest passers of all time. It was the intersection of generational athleticism and that elite skill that has made him arguably the greatest basketball player of all time. It didn't hurt that he also had the drive and work ethic to fill in some of the gaps in his game over the course of his career.

Zion is a generational athlete. I don't see any elite skill he can hang his hat on - mayne rebounding - but his handle, passing vision, and defensive awareness all look like strengths he can develop. I can't possibly see him being better than Lebron, especially since no young player should be burdened with that level of expectations, but he his combination of legit guard skill in the frame of an NFL DE with the athleticism of Michael Jordan is a freakish combo worth betting on.
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Zion reminds me a bit of Barkley. Am I off?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: