Justice League(2017)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject:

Not very good.

I don't know how to put it. The movie was rushed but still felt like a cluster (bleep). The assembly of the JL was literally Batman going around in recess handpicking his softball team. Absolutely no weight or merit to the whole process. Zero sense of growth or bonding time. Which is ridiculous considering none of these characters knew each other (save for Wonder Woman and Batman). Nothing was earned, which makes for alot of lazy payoffs. But hey that's what happens when you let your fans co-write your movie. Who cares if BvS was too long; this one needed to be much longer in order to flesh everything out. Oh well, I'm just bummed Affleck's awesome Batman has been wasted for two movies now (2 1/2 if you count the awful Suicide Squad cameo). Ezra Miller as Flash was the other highlight.

3/10
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

Not even going to bother. I frigging love Batman related media as well...unbelievable.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

I heard Afleck is done with the Batman role as well. Rumor is Jake Gyllenhal replacing him

I don't see how they pull that off unless they do some type of flashpoint story arc.

Afleck definitely mailed in his performance on this one

Last edited by 22 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I heard Afleck is done with the Batman role as well. Rumor is Jake Gyllenhal replaceing him

I don't see how they pull that off unless they do some type of flashpoint stroy arc.

It's a whole mess. Might as well do a flashpoint to scrap this entire failed universe and maybe this time, re-do it with some quality actors (still hoping a Bale JL is possible) and directors.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

I liked this one a lot more than BvS. Batman was done well by Ben, and Aquaman was badass! However, I liked Thor: Ragnarok way better than this movie.

Spoiler?: Where the hell was Darkseid?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:
I heard Afleck is done with the Batman role as well. Rumor is Jake Gyllenhal replaceing him

I don't see how they pull that off unless they do some type of flashpoint stroy arc.

It's a whole mess. Might as well do a flashpoint to scrap this entire failed universe and maybe this time, re-do it with some quality actors (still hoping a Bale JL is possible) and directors.

Bale coming back would be instant credibility
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

JL bombed really bad at the box office that it may lose WB up to $100 million:

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-warner-bros-could-lose-on-justice-league-50-to-100-million-2017-11
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
22 wrote:

Bale coming back would be instant credibility

WB/DC had one chance to hit a walk-off grand slam against Marvel. That meant paying Bale whatever he wanted, doing everything to beg Nolan to return or at the very least someone comparable (definitely not Snyder), and not rocking the boat too much with outlandish casting and over-the-top dark & grainy filter on the camera. It'd take a lot of stones but still doable. Instead, they slapped a grounder to the shortstop.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
JL bombed really bad at the box office that it may lose WB up to $100 million:

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-warner-bros-could-lose-on-justice-league-50-to-100-million-2017-11

Too bad. I actually enjoyed this movie, unlike the BvS and Suicide Squad flicks. Finally seemed like they were getting a handle on how to do a decent D.C. Film. WW was excellent, and I was actually kind of looking forward to seeing the Flash, Aquaman, and Superman 2 movies.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was good.

Actually would like to see it with all the scenes they cut out, even if it's significantly longer.

All the jumping around and rushed story points were the worst part of the film.

The BVS extended cut was actually decent as well.

Whoever is making the decision to cut these films down is doin them a disservice.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

I heard they brought Whedon on to reshoot a bunch of scenes and they ended up making the characters say a lot of things that didn't fit who they were, like Batman all of a sudden being a one line wisecrack. Why Whedon? That guy is hot garbage.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
I heard they brought Whedon on to reshoot a bunch of scenes and they ended up making the characters say a lot of things that didn't fit who they were, like Batman all of a sudden being a one line wisecrack. Why Whedon? That guy is hot garbage.

Based on what he did for the Avengers. That guy is still prime Kobe Bryant to Zack Snyder's Adam Morrison.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

It was a fun movie but didn't really offer up anything new that we haven't already seen in other superhero movies, just the usual big explosions and endless CGI minions served up for batting practice. The story was pretty bland as well. Didn't we just see a similar plot (villain who nearly destroyed Earth centuries ago) in Wonder Woman?

Thought it was a mistake to use Steppenwolf as the villain instead of saving Darkseid for a future movie. I never read New Gods so had no idea who he was. Since Marvel has been teasing the appearance of Thanos for a few years now, DCEU had a chance to one-up them by swinging for the fences and using their arch-villain now.

I didn't care for Jason Mamoa's "surfer-dude" Aquaman. Lois Lane needs to be re-cast or written out. I defended Amy Adams casting in Man of Steel but the difference in ages between her and Cavill is just too much to ignore anymore, especially since she didn't even bother to lose weight for this movie.

On the positive side, I was wrong about the casting of Ezra Miller. He was terrific and stole a lot of scenes.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
It was a fun movie but didn't really offer up anything new that we haven't already seen in other superhero movies, just the usual big explosions and endless CGI minions served up for batting practice. The story was pretty bland as well. Didn't we just see a similar plot (villain who nearly destroyed Earth centuries ago) in Wonder Woman?

Thought it was a mistake to use Steppenwolf as the villain instead of saving Darkseid for a future movie. I never read New Gods so had no idea who he was. Since Marvel has been teasing the appearance of Thanos for a few years now, DCEU had a chance to one-up them by swinging for the fences and using their arch-villain now.

I didn't care for Jason Mamoa's "surfer-dude" Aquaman. Lois Lane needs to be re-cast or written out. I defended Amy Adams casting in Man of Steel but the difference in ages between her and Cavill is just too much to ignore anymore, especially since she didn't even bother to lose weight for this movie.

On the positive side, I was wrong about the casting of Ezra Miller. He was terrific and stole a lot of scenes.

Agreed with all, especially Adams. Though there wasn't much fun for me.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject:

Fun film. I really enjoyed it. Had me entertained from beginning to end. My girlfriend really enjoyed it too and she was more negative about watching it then I was. Good balance of action and comedy. I don't understand all the negative attention. Can't wait to watch it again.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Henry Cavill may be done playing Superman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/henry-cavill-as-superman-warner-bros-dc-universe-shake-up-1142306

Quote:
Henry Cavill, who has played Superman in three films, is parting ways with Warner Bros., sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The British actor, who first donned the blue suit for 2013's Man of Steel, and then starred in 2016's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and last year's Justice League, is said to be hanging up the red cape.

Warners had been trying to enlist Cavill, who most recently co-starred in Mission: Impossible — Fallout, for a Superman cameo in Shazam!, which stars Zachary Levi and will bow April 5. But contract talks between Cavill's WME reps and the studio broke down, and the door is now closing on other potential Superman appearances.

That's because Warners has shifted its focus to a Supergirl movie, which will be an origin story featuring a teen superheroine. This effectively removes an actor of Cavill's age from the storyline's equation given that Superman, aka Kal-El, would be an infant, according to DC lore.

Furthermore, Warners isn't likely to make a solo Superman film for at least several years, according to another source. "Superman is like James Bond, and after a certain run you have to look at new actors," says a studio source. As such, Cavill will join Ben Affleck, who isn't expected to reprise his role for director Matt Reeves' forthcoming Batman stand-alone film, as a hero on the way out.

DCEU is a mess.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Yup. It’s been that way since it’s half-done rush job inception
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Cavill's been solid as Superman. He's done a great job at capturing the aesthetic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: