What SG should start next to Lebron (poll)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should start at SG?
KCP
60%
 60%  [ 84 ]
Josh Hart
40%
 40%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 140

24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Hart
KCP
Ingram
Lebron
Kuzma could be a lethal lineup.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hart had more than just flashes last year. When given the chance, he was a consistently good player, he played smart in the closing minutes, he was a good decision maker, when starting he could regularly score 20ppg, and he's a player who by all accounts is likely to come back even better.

One thing I saw frequently last year were posters angry at KCP for ill-advised shots on fast breaks and in close games, by a player who was very active but statistically not that good on defense, a player capable of going on a spectacular hot streak late in the game but just as likely to let you down badly with the game on the line by taking a shot too early in the offense, clanking it, and keying a fast break the opposite direction. Last spring a lot of posters didn't even want KCP back this season. Didn't see that kind of anger towards Hart, and there's a reason for this. Can KCP improve? Sure, we'll see.

Hart, when given the chance, was clutch af when he finished games, getting the key change of possession, matching up with bigger, physical players and stopping the easy score on what should have been a mismatch, and making the intelligent play when the pressure was on. He didn't have to have the last shot, but when the situation called for it or someone else missed, Hart would nail the clutch shot too. He was consistently near or at the top in 3 point shooting all season long, whereas KCP was all over the map. Josh Hart showed a lot more than just flashes as the season progressed and I'd trust a key role on a title contender to Hart long before I'd trust it to KCP.

Nice post. I enjoyed reading your view. The essential difference between the two, at least for me, is the emboldened. It speaks to the difference between them in one critical area: basketball IQ. While KCP has an edge in speed, Josh is practically better in every other category.

KCP's not bad, but I'm always mindful that Josh Hart was selected in the exact same draft slot as Jimmy Butler. He could be a real force in his own right .
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

IF we playin Lebron offense, it should be both Hart and KCP at the 1-2 position with Rondo and Lonzo on the bench.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Would love to see both as wings. Wont happen but kcp+hart defensive duo would be awesome. Offensively they'd fit perfect as well. If you add lonzo or even rondo to that duo you have a very very formidable trio on the perimeter defensively.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
IF we playin Lebron offense, it should be both Hart and KCP at the 1-2 position with Rondo and Lonzo on the bench.

Have you seriously not read one single word all summer about how they intend to play? They've covered this already and it's gotten loads of attention. I don't understand. Are you seriously just not aware or is it that you don't believe them when they've explained how they're going to play? If it's the second one, you're at least not alone in that regard. For whatever reason, even people on here have refused to believe it, even despite the fact that they've signed players with the expressed purpose of playing a certain way.

If it's the first one, I'll give you a brief rundown. They're not going to be playing what some have nicknamed "LeBron ball." He's not going to have the ball at the top of the floor in virtually every set and running high screen rolls while everyone else stands around watching and waiting for the ball. He's going to spend a fair amount of time in the post. They've surrounded him with playmakers because they have no intention of using him the way Cleveland did last year. It's too taxing on him physically and would be a stumbling block to his long-term health. They're still going to play fast. In fact, they intend to play even faster. But all in all, you might as well abandon this idea of " the LeBron offense" because the system of this year's team will be wholly unlike any system he's played in during his career. They wouldn't have signed the players they did and constructed the roster this way if that wasn't the case.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

^

That's harsh.

I assume that the poll was meant to encourage an open discussion as to which player is best suited to the SG role, rather than one to merely recite what you think the front office is saying about their intentions.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

We should start kcp. Josh can solidify our bench mob. Whoever is on that night can close.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Hart for me because he’s the better shooter and floor spacer for Lebron and can pretty switch with anyone. KCP gamble too much for my liking. He also like to jack shots outside of our offense.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
^

That's harsh.

I assume that the poll was meant to encourage an open discussion as to which player is best suited to the SG role, rather than one to merely recite what you think the front office is saying about their intentions.

I'm aware of what the thread is about. I was clearly responding to a specific post that made a distinctive point, not the OP.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

We need Hart to be one of the anchors of the 2nd unit so...KCP should start. Honestly, having both of those guys, not to mention Lance, is a nice problem to have.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

I’m leaning towards KCP, but I think whoever earns it in training camp should start. It’s a win-win situation really, I like both of our options at that position with Svi being a long shot dark horse pun not intended

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

PG - Ball / Rondo
SG - Ingram / KCP
SF - Kuzma / Hart
PF - LeBron / Beasley
C - McGee / Zubac

Sorry Lance
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

If Ingram learned to come off screens and shoot like Rip or Reggie he should play the two. Unfortunately he’s not even at KCP’s level.... yet... But of course he could get there if that’s what he wanted.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

After 2 pre season games, KCP hasn't resembled a starter.

I recall someone in the thread saying he can do anything Hart can. Clearly, he doesn't finish nearly as effectively or strong near the rim, on both sides, in comparison to Hart. That's a big deal when outside shots aren't falling.

Despite it being early, decisions are made based on pre season performances. So far, KCP has lost his grip on any claim to be the most worthy starter. Although I realize they have tired legs, it's hard to see his value so far.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

It's interesting that after one game, fans are overwhelmingly saying Hart, but the voting on here still says otherwise.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

It was Hart at the 2nd half of the season when he came back from his injury, it was Hart after his Summer League, it was Hart before this thread, and it was Hart after his preseason. KCP has never once earned his starting job here.

Voting threads like these create mis-leading results due to some people here sucking up to some media opinions, Luke’s words, and some biased figures.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

But we knew KCP would start due to the Klutch angle and Luke's preference for "vets."

But we also knew Hart would be the guy for the future.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Josh Hart has earned it and is making a very solid case as our long term solution.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Josh Hart has earned it and is making a very solid case as our long term solution.

His man to man defense has slipped a bit, but his finishing and 3 point shooting have improved tremendously.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: