OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject:

I think towns is a bit overrated because of his great rookie year. The team was awful last year when Butler was injured: "Butler is a significant boost. According to 82games.com, the team has outscored opponents by 8.1 points per 100 possessions with Butler on the court, but been outscored by 5.7 points when he sits.") He is definitely not on the level of AD or Embiid.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
I think towns is a bit overrated because of his great rookie year. The team was awful last year when Butler was injured: "Butler is a significant boost. According to 82games.com, the team has outscored opponents by 8.1 points per 100 possessions with Butler on the court, but been outscored by 5.7 points when he sits.") He is definitely not on the level of AD or Embiid.

If the price is not unreasonable, I would definitely make a play for Towns.

1) Its a lot harder to get a good C than a good SF or SG. Ingram etc is nice, but our top FA target (kawhi) also plays SF. I kind of dislike the idea of playing either Kawhi or Ingram at SG.

2) Our C position right now is terrible. Getting Towns remedies that.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject:

I was never a fan of KAT. However, if we have a chance to get him, we have to do it. He is a 22 year old BEAST on the offensive end with no shortcomings on that side of the ball. Despite his limitations on the defensive side of the ball (although he is a good rebounder and shot blocker), I think he can be developed further on that side of the ball. He obviously plays a position of need, and I think he would really thrive getting away from that (bleep) show known as the Wolves.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

I highly doubt they will trade KAT. If anything, Butler will be gone first as he is a FA-to-be.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject:

What's the price for KAT you think (I mean if he forcing his way out ala Kawhi)?
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
lewis wrote:

1) Its a lot harder to get a good C than a good SF or SG. Ingram etc is nice, but our top FA target (kawhi) also plays SF. I kind of dislike the idea of playing either Kawhi or Ingram at SG.

Trading Ingram for Towns is a no brainer, I just don't want to sell the farm (Ingram + Kuzma + first round pick), like it was suggested on previous pages
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
What's the price for KAT you think (I mean if he forcing his way out ala Kawhi)?

Much higher (no injury history + RFA status). something like Ingram Kuzma and Hart. That's why I say no...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I highly doubt they will trade KAT. If anything, Butler will be gone first as he is a FA-to-be.

Yeah, T-Wolves would be phenomenally dumb to trade KAT. This just points to them having to move Butler sooner than later.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

Ingram could be about as impactful as KAT in a few years. Wings/creators/shooters always have an easier road to that impact in today’s game. The ball doesn’t naturally find bigs in the playoffs as much, Towns’ anemic shot output and scoring last playoffs shows that . Ingram would also have to become a ++ defender while KAT would have to stay below avg.
I’m not trading multiple great wing assets for a big who’s not transformative on both ends, let alone a huge question mark vs smallball lineups on defense

I’ll take AD though
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ingram could be about as impactful as KAT in a few years. Wings/creators/shooters always have an easier road to that impact in today’s game. The ball doesn’t naturally find bigs in the playoffs as much, Towns’ anemic shot output and scoring last playoffs shows that . Ingram would also have to become a ++ defender while KAT would have to stay below avg.
I’m not trading multiple great wing assets for a big who’s not transformative on both ends, let alone a huge question mark vs smallball lineups on defense

I’ll take AD though

I lean this way as well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Unlike KL, KAT hasn't made nearly the same amount of $ to be gambling on trying to take the QO. I just don't see him parting with Minny; Butler will be gone b/f they trade away a young up and coming center b/c a 30 year old FA-to-be is unhappy (and he's also unhappy with Wiggins too).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
lewis wrote:

Trading Ingram for Towns is a no brainer, I just don't want to sell the farm (Ingram + Kuzma + first round pick), like it was suggested on previous pages

There is no way Minny trades KAT for a BI-centered package. It would likely have to be both Lonzo/BI and others for KAT.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

I'll take Ingram over Kat
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

I don't know how any team would expect to win in the playoffs with a Center like KAT or Jokic.
A traffic cone could probably defend the pick and roll better than those guys.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:

Unlike KL, KAT hasn't made nearly the same amount of $ to be gambling on trying to take the QO. I just don't see him parting with Minny; Butler will be gone b/f they trade away a young up and coming center b/c a 30 year old FA-to-be is unhappy (and he's also unhappy with Wiggins too).

If KAT tries forcing his way anywhere I think it is Phoenix, not LA. Being Robin to Lebron does him no good.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:

If KAT tries forcing his way anywhere I think it is Phoenix, not LA. Being Robin to Lebron does him no good.

PHX is a terribly run organization. KAT is so "Hollywood" (much to Butler's chagrin, which is ironic b/c he is so "Hollywood" himself). I highly doubt one forces themselves to PHX, especially when they just drafted a center in Ayton.

KAT is not going to be traded. Butler will be.

Last edited by yinoma2001 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I don't know how any team would expect to win in the playoffs with a Center like KAT or Jokic.

*Lakers proceed to use small ball lineups with Kuzma and Beasley at center in the playoffs*
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:

*Lakers proceed to use small ball lineups with Kuzma and Beasley at center in the playoffs*

Yeah. They would be the traffic cone's "traffic cone."
ZoTimeLakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

I understand that they'll likely keep the spot open for the season but have the Lakers invited anyone else to training camp for an extra guy to replace Deng? I haven't seen anything, but didn't know if I missed something in my late August-early September break
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Report: Karl-Anthony Towns won’t sign contract extension until Timberwolves handle Jimmy Butler situation

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/09/17/report-karl-anthony-towns-wont-sign-contract-extension-until-timberwolves-handle-jimmy-butler-situation/

So to start the proverbial ball rolling:

Would anyone give up any of our young talent for a KAT trade?

For me definitely would give up a Kuzma + Hart centred package, will have to think about an alternative package centred around Ingram.

But a center of KAT calibre doesn't exactly grow on trees.

Not sure what I would offer, but yes, I'd go after Towns.

You trade anyone on this team short of Lebron to get Towns. He's already a much better player than any of our young players and his ceiling is much higher.

What is the best trade package that you would offer for Towns?

1 of Ingram/Kuzma + Hart + 1st

Towns is tissue paper soft on the defensive end. I would not trade for him. Especially not Ingram or Kuz.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

This is crazy talk
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

This is crazy talk

I will take Ingram over KAT as well.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

This is crazy talk

Same, not because I’m a Laker homer, BI has already shown he can play D, Town’s red flag has been that he has regressed significantly on D since his rookie season..
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

This is crazy talk

Same, not because I’m a Laker homer, BI has already shown he can play D, Town’s red flag has been that he has regressed significantly on D since his rookie season..

KAT is already an all-star. If you guys want to argue BI will be better in 5 years or something, have at it. But taking BI over KAT is crazy.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

This is crazy talk

KAT is already an all-star. If you guys want to argue BI will be better in 5 years or something, have at it. But taking BI over KAT is crazy.

He is an all star but I like Impact players more, it doesn’t look like the Wolves are going anywhere this year either while the Lakers will.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 55 of 8560
Jump to: