Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Woj: Trade to Cavs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

It’s debatable that Irving would have seriously considered us if we did not sign LeBron.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:
I'm sure hearing this makes Pelican fans feel great lol.

Joel Meyers said the Pels wanted him back but it was clear he wanted to leave regardless of how much they offers him.
M

Maybe, but the Pelicans paid him $3.3M last year. We gave him $9M. I'm cynical about the motivations of players.

Pels was willing to pay him that but Rondo agent wouldn’t give them a number and told them they have one chance to offer and there won’t be any negotiating. They also gave the Pels 5 mins to do all of that. The

right, but if the Pels came back with $12.5 Million, I think he is playing in New Orleans this season. Him and his agent had to know the Pels were never going to beat the Lakers offer.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

Pelicans fans aren’t losing sleep, Rondo was up and down all season. They have Jrue who is much better.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:

Joel Meyers said the Pels wanted him back but it was clear he wanted to leave regardless of how much they offers him.
M

Maybe, but the Pelicans paid him $3.3M last year. We gave him $9M. I'm cynical about the motivations of players.

Pels was willing to pay him that but Rondo agent wouldn’t give them a number and told them they have one chance to offer and there won’t be any negotiating. They also gave the Pels 5 mins to do all of that. The

right, but if the Pels came back with $12.5 Million, I think he is playing in New Orleans this season. Him and his agent had to know the Pels were never going to beat the Lakers offer.

Pelican management answers to Saints management and the Saints are known to give up on a player early rather than late (see Brandon Cooks).
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:

Pelicans fans aren’t losing sleep, Rondo was up and down all season. They have Jrue who is much better.

I was away for a while because I couldn't take your constantly putting down Lakers and our players compared to other teams. Seems nothing's changed.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:

They had Jrue last year and he was helped immensely by the addition of Rondo. He got to play more off the ball and Rondo created a lot for him and others. Rondo wasn't really up and down, he was very up in the regular season but against the Warriors, his inability to shoot hurt them and that's where he was down. Also, you don't compare the subtraction of Rondo to Jrue, you compare it to the addition of Elfrid Payton who's nowhere near the playmaker Rondo is.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I am very confused by this thread. Someone explain to me what is going on here.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vampirate
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Everyone wants to play with LeBron, next summer will be even more apparent.

Well, not everyone.

Not everyone, but the quality players will.

KL doesn't either. Neither does Kyrie.

Kawhi Leonard demanded a trade to the Lakers after LeBron signed.

What the (bleep) are you talking about? lmao

EDIT: Raptors fans troll this forum too?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:

M

Totally Wrong if he wanted the Pels to beat the Lakers offer all they had to do is tell them the number. Like Joel said their moves pretty much said they wasn’t coming back regardless of the offer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Vampirate wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Everyone wants to play with LeBron, next summer will be even more apparent.

Well, not everyone.

Not everyone, but the quality players will.

KL doesn't either. Neither does Kyrie.

Kawhi Leonard demanded a trade to the Lakers after LeBron signed.

What the (bleep) are you talking about? lmao

EDIT: Raptors fans troll this forum too?

Yep it was woj who basically said the Lakers were his preferred choice.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Loving this pick up even more
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

Quote:
MT: What are you (way too early) reactions to seeing some of these young guys play?

Rondo: We’re going to have to ride the young guys throughout the regular season, even in the playoffs. They’re going to play big for us. My expectations are really high for the young guys. They’ll be where they need to be. Myself, LeBron, Lance, Mike, we’re all going to be vets that’s trying to instill greatness in these young guys. We’re going to push the (stuff) out of them. I’m sure they’ll rise to the occasion. That’s what they seem like so far. They’ve been in here working their butts off since I’ve been here in early August, so I look forward to getting them to the level they need to play at for us to be contenders.

Rondo is going to be fantastic for these young kids... they may not like it at times but I believe him when he says he'll get them where they need to be.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

I really wanted him last year despite the negativity surrounding picking him up. I'm glad we got him this year, playoff Rondo is really a thing

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
DLaker wrote:

I really wanted him last year despite the negativity surrounding picking him up. I'm glad we got him this year, playoff Rondo is really a thing

I might sound ultra optimistic.. but I’m expecting Rondo be very good for us even during the regular season, yeah he always seems to coast during the season but I see a different mind set with this dude, especially when I hear him talk about our young guys, he’s gonna try to play at a high level so the players can follow his lead all year long.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Rondo is sometimes a problem but also great leader and mentor. I am liking this signing more and more everyday. Actually its the same with all of our signings except McGee. That one I still dont understand.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Rondo is sometimes a problem but also great leader and mentor. I am liking this signing more and more everyday. Actually its the same with all of our signings except McGee. That one I still dont understand.

They signed McGee because they want to play even faster than they did last year. In one of his interviews he seemed to imply that they want him to be the fastest 7 footer in the league. And it goes without saying that he's a terrific rim protector as well. His basketball IQ is questionable, but he won't be the quarterback of the defense. Presumably, he'll always be on the floor with one or both of LeBron and Rondo. They'll make sure he's in the right spots.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:

M

Pelicans were willing to pay him $2-3 mil. After his play last season they thought that was his value.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Quote:
MT: What are you (way too early) reactions to seeing some of these young guys play?

Rondo: We’re going to have to ride the young guys throughout the regular season, even in the playoffs. They’re going to play big for us. My expectations are really high for the young guys. They’ll be where they need to be. Myself, LeBron, Lance, Mike, we’re all going to be vets that’s trying to instill greatness in these young guys. We’re going to push the (stuff) out of them. I’m sure they’ll rise to the occasion. That’s what they seem like so far. They’ve been in here working their butts off since I’ve been here in early August, so I look forward to getting them to the level they need to play at for us to be contenders.

Rondo is going to be fantastic for these young kids... they may not like it at times but I believe him when he says he'll get them where they need to be.

That was a good interview, really like the mindset.

Way better backup PG situation than we had last year.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

Mcgee is a questionable signing? A big who can run the floor faster than anyone else? Can protect the paint? And get easy buckets with his hops? ALL FOR CHEAP? Yeah I'll take it.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:

M

Pelicans were willing to pay him $2-3 mil. After his play last season they thought that was his value.

That’s why they are the Pelicans. 😂 That’s why they will never be real championship contenders. That’s why you can add AD to the list of guys who’s primes will be wasted.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Jersey Retirement

venturalakersfan wrote:
Etnupe06 wrote:
If Rajon Rondo wins a title or two with the Lakers, and is a major contributor, will his Jersey be retired at Staples? Assuming he makes the HOF. Could a Celtic ever have a Retired Lakers Jersey?

Only if Horry’s jersey is retired first.

And Derek Fisher. Seriously, you don't get your jersey retired for being a glorified role player. I am excited to see playoff and mentor Rondo, but let's not get carried away here!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Mcgee is a questionable signing? A big who can run the floor faster than anyone else? Can protect the paint? And get easy buckets with his hops? ALL FOR CHEAP? Yeah I'll take it.

For sure, nothing bad about signing him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:

M

That’s why they are the Pelicans. 😂 That’s why they will never be real championship contenders. That’s why you can add AD to the list of guys who’s primes will be wasted.

Actually they are right, Rondo’s value is in the low millions. Luckily for him we needed to carry cap space forward, no other team was giving him $9 mil.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:

M

Actually they are right, Rondo’s value is in the low millions. Luckily for him we needed to carry cap space forward, no other team was giving him $9 mil.

Personally, I think having a legit backup PG is worth more then the low millions. Last year we trotted out G league guys and it cost us a lot of games. I think Rondo’s biggest value will be off the court. His influence on the young guys, especially Lonzo, will be invaluable to their development and the potential this team can have this year. There was nobody out there that gives us that on a one year deal.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

I am very glad to hear this from someone that was in that game and is a basketball genius. So many casual fans lambaste Kobe for his poor shooting in Game 7 but he was doing so many other things that led to us winning that game.

Quote:
MT: What can two basketball minds like yours accomplish on the court together?
Rondo: Control the game. Control the game. Those are the guys who win. It’s interesting, I just found out something about Kobe, what he did in the 2010 championship Game 7. How he broke the game down and figured out how to beat us. I can’t give you the insight on that, but I just found that out. Like, maybe 45 minutes ago. It kinda pissed me off a little bit. It’s part of it, but it’s craziness. It’s amazing how he thinks the game, and it’s fun to know that.

MT: Wait, wait … so in Game 7, Kobe figure something out during the game that helped the Lakers beat the Celtics for a championship, or did he do it between Game 6 and Game 7?
Rondo: I don’t know if it was going into the game, but it was told to me that he had to figure it out during the game. He wasn’t himself. So he had to figure out a different way to win the game.

MT: OK wait, so you heard it from Rob (Pelinka)?
Rondo: Somebody. (laughs) I can’t give you my source.

MT: What I remember most about that game was the Lakers couldn’t hit a shot*, especially Kobe, but he grabbed 15 boards, a bunch on the offensive glass. That’s at least one thing he did, but it doesn’t sound like what you’re getting at…
Rondo: Man, he did a lot. When you break it down, and you watch … he made game-winning plays, basically. Not just his shot, what people assume that he normally does.

*L.A. was just 27 for 83 (32.5 percent) as a team, and Kobe 6 for 24 in a game they won 83-79, thanks in part to a massive 23-8 edge on the offensive glass.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 39 of 168
Jump to: