OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1163, 1164, 1165 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Judah wrote:
Again, for those who aren't aware, he threw a lob off the backboard to himself and dunked it yesterday at the practice facility. It's not like he's on crutches. He must be at a point in his recovery where he's feeling pretty good if he can do stuff like that. It's not the end of the world that he isn't ready for five on five. He'll still be participating. Unless the Lakers specifically say otherwise, I would still expect him to play in the preseason.

I can't blame the Laker FO for being cautious. Having a high potential player go under the knife for a knee problem that just won't go away on it's own warrants attention. It's one thing to be able to dunk, another to be able to withstand the nightly grind of an NBA season, especially as hard as Lonzo attacks rebounding and defense. Again, I'm glad we have Rondo, it gives us options that don't destroy a lead if Lonzo needs a rest.

I get that. I only mentioned it in case people heard this news and jumped to conclusions that he must be really far behind in his recovery and is barely walking or something. The point is that he's not far away. It's not the end of the world just because he won't be playing full court, five on five from day one of camp. This isn't a huge deal.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
I don't think we'll see Lonzo until November and he'll come off the bench until he's in game shape/out plays Rondo. Very smart move by Maginka to sign Rondo, they must have known Zo's injury would sideline him to start the season.

And Yes, our medical staff has been second rate for a long time now. Going all the way back to when they completely (bleep) up Karl Malone's diagnosis

He’ll play in the season opener. A rumor cane out that he isn’t ready for 5v5 scrimmaging to start the season, no need to overreact.

I highly doubt he plays in the season opener:
Quote:
Walton said, but Lakers won’t “rush him back at all.”

With Rondo I see the Lakers taking a very conservative approach with Zo. If he does play in the opener I can almost guarantee he comes off the bench with a minutes restriction.

I highly doubt he misses the whole preseason let alone the season opener.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject:

Well, good thing we got Rondo if Lonzo may take some time to get back.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Judah wrote:
Again, for those who aren't aware, he threw a lob off the backboard to himself and dunked it yesterday at the practice facility. It's not like he's on crutches. He must be at a point in his recovery where he's feeling pretty good if he can do stuff like that. It's not the end of the world that he isn't ready for five on five. He'll still be participating. Unless the Lakers specifically say otherwise, I would still expect him to play in the preseason.

I can't blame the Laker FO for being cautious. Having a high potential player go under the knife for a knee problem that just won't go away on it's own warrants attention. It's one thing to be able to dunk, another to be able to withstand the nightly grind of an NBA season, especially as hard as Lonzo attacks rebounding and defense. Again, I'm glad we have Rondo, it gives us options that don't destroy a lead if Lonzo needs a rest.

I get that. I only mentioned it in case people heard this news and jumped to conclusions that he must be really far behind in his recovery and is barely walking or something. The point is that he's not far away. It's not the end of the world just because he won't be playing full court, five on five from day one of camp. This isn't a huge deal.
Makes sense, I agree. I was disappointed he isn't going to be able to participate in 5x5 right from the start of training camp, but there's no evidence that he isn't going through a normal healing progression.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Btw

Didn't those a-holes say he would be ready for training camp?

Killing my vibe Lakers

What’s the rush? Can someone explain it to me? We have a very reliable PG who can hold the thorn until he gets back, and it doesn’t sound like it’s serious.. it also gives Rondo a chance to run with the 1st unit, I wouldn’t be shocked if Ball gets back in the last few preseason games to get his game conditioning up to speed until our opener against Portland.

I don't want to see old man Rondo play, i want to see LeBron andthe young guys

What if he ends up giving nice passes and our young guys benefit from it?

What if shaq averaged 50?

You're moving the goal posts..

IG is right here.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

If Zo isn't ready by the opener, he's not getting his starting spot back. Rondo isn't giving it up.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
If Zo isn't ready by the opener, he's not getting his starting spot back. Rondo isn't giving it up.

Zo was better last year so..no
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

Starting or not isn’t really that important. Let’s see who gets more minutes overall and more closing time minutes.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

If the team is rolling, who cares what happened last year. Luke will roll with the team that's playing well, not appease Lonzo and his fanbase.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

If the team is rolling, who cares what happened last year. Luke will roll with the team that's playing well, not appease Lonzo and his fanbase.

You completely missed his point.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

What's his point?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Judah wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

What's his point?

That Lonzo is better. This idea that Rondo is just so much better isn't based on anything. GT just posted the numbers on the last page. If Rondo starts because Lonzo isn't ready, Lonzo will take his spot back once he's healthy.

Last edited by Judah on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

I can’t understand how him not scrimmaging 5v5 day 1 of training camp means he isn’t gonna play on opening night. This is a drastic overreaction.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Judah wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

What's his point?

That Lonzo is better. This idea that Rondo is just so much better isn't based on anything.

I understood exactly what his point was then. If Rondo and the team is rolling, I don't see Luke breaking that up and bringing Lonzo in the starting lineup. Just because you're a better player doesn't mean you automatically should start, see: Manu, Harden in his OKC years, Odom in our championship years.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

Well, maybe he was better, but not now that Lonzo is recovering from injury/surgery; and this is magnify if he is feeling pain right now.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Crazy media overreaction to a question that Luke answered. Luke always answers injury questions the same way. He did the same last year with all the players.

not rushing him back is all luke said. He never said he is not ready.
Basically Lonzo is day to day at this point.
It is September 19th
1st preseason is 10 days away
1st regular season is 1 month away

I don't know if luke can predict the future, but why wouldn't Lonzo be at least ready for the season opener?

im seeing video of him doing stuff on the court already as of last week
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

your gonna tell me this guy

no brace on knee guy. cant be ready for a game in at least 2 weeks? let alone 1 month?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

no brace on knee guy. cant be ready for a game in at least 2 weeks? let alone 1 month?

Supposedly, Lakers don’t want him pushing to far in terms of lateral movement and whatever BS they came up with, I think he can play right now if there was a game, but sometimes preseason makes coaches be cautious with there players, good example is LeBron who was dealing with a minor injury but sat out in multiple preseason games.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Wally Pipp...

Ball best be careful taking his time coming back..

The Lakers might just find they play better with LeBron average 10 asp...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Wally Pipp...

the name will still clear out athletic trainer rooms around the country.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Crazy media overreaction to a question that Luke answered. Luke always answers injury questions the same way. He did the same last year with all the players.

not rushing him back is all luke said. He never said he is not ready.
Basically Lonzo is day to day at this point.
It is September 19th
1st preseason is 10 days away
1st regular season is 1 month away

I don't know if luke can predict the future, but why wouldn't Lonzo be at least ready for the season opener?

im seeing video of him doing stuff on the court already as of last week

Yup. I'll worry more come October 1st.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

Yea he looks pretty healthy there tbh. Unless he has some huge setback, I think he'll be ready for game 1.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
I can’t understand how him not scrimmaging 5v5 day 1 of training camp means he isn’t gonna play on opening night. This is a drastic overreaction.

One doesn’t mean the other.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Our medical staff will keep a guy out with a papercut for 3 weeks. Just look at last season. Lonzo dunking doesn't mean anything.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

Supposedly, Lakers don’t want him pushing to far in terms of lateral movement and whatever BS they came up with, I think he can play right now if there was a game, but sometimes preseason makes coaches be cautious with there players, good example is LeBron who was dealing with a minor injury but sat out in multiple preseason games.
as they should be. he had this lingering knee issue most of last season. so the lakers are trying to make darn sure its completely healed and there are ZERO issues when its time for him to start playing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1163, 1164, 1165 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1164 of 1688
Jump to: