LAKERS vs. BULLS Recap -- 12/19 -- Thoughts and :-(( ratings (DB Sick, Mike@LG sub)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
Smush - B

Kwame - B

Everyone else gets a F

Agreed. That 2nd half sucked because they got outworked. A lack of effort from this team ticks me off.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject:

I did see the game on NBA TV, but it was Bulls' announcers. There was a segment whereas they said Big Ben is getting fed up with Kwame. Did anyone else hear this? Was Kwame bodying him up? He should have had 10+ blocks last night. Too bad he isn't a swatter. I counted about 5 - 7 layups he should have prevented. 18/12 is good on the road vs. Big Ben, but since his post game is raw he couldn't really go off. Should have also had about 30 points too. But he is progressing
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

Great recap Mike!! I too thought that Smush was a difference maker tonight. I actually think he has a semi-low post game. When he aggressively goes to the rack he is damn near, shall I say unstoppable . He has great size/athleticism -- too bad he doesn't bring it every night.

He also was giving Ben Gordon fits. I really thought he played well though and on the road no less.
VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:

I don't know what's up with one of the first posts in this thread being a diss against Sasha. He played well last night bringing some energy and had that great play where he stole the ball and layed it up. I believed he outplayed Farmar yesterday.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject:

I think MikeLG hit it right on the head (and a good write up overall Mike) in saying that the game was very sporadic as far as energy and effort from the Lakers.

Simply put, it looked like one of the "regular season blahs" type of games that you see a lot of in the NBA in Dec, Jan, Feb as the teams are wading through the ridiculously long NBA season.

This Lakers team isn't good enough to win on the road without LO with anything less than a strong energy effort. Last night wasn't it.
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject:

wow, i really really really miss lamar

we really need this win tonight. i expect a big game from mr. bryant after last nights performance, and arenas 2 nights b4. he's due for a big game, and we're in need of a win.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

sean2023 wrote:
The Bulls are 11th in the league in shooting at 46%. They shot 50% tonight....which is higher than the league leading 49% Phoenix shoots at.

Everybody is going to want to play the Lakers if they keep up w/ the porous defense.

WOW- another team to shoot over 50% on us since LO went down. I had no idea he was that valuable to the Laker on the defensive end. I knew he was great at running the offense and rebounding.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

Bynum+Cook = weak interior defense = Sweet Ham dominating
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

Although Smush got burned a few times on quick crossovers, I have to say he impressed me tonight. He was playing like he was on the playground which is a good thing for him I think. Dribbling the ball between his legs and dropping that deadly floater time and time again. Good stuff. He had more energy on D too despite being crossed up a few times.

Kobe was making the good decisions in terms of passing and execution, just had a very bad shooting game. His defense was pretty good which is funny because most people are complaining about his D.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Although Smush got burned a few times on quick crossovers, I have to say he impressed me tonight. He was playing like he was on the playground which is a good thing for him I think. Dribbling the ball between his legs and dropping that deadly floater time and time again. Good stuff. He had more energy on D too despite being crossed up a few times.

Kobe was making the good decisions in terms of passing and execution, just had a very bad shooting game. His defense was pretty good which is funny because most people are complaining about his D.

decent D, his posture however concerns me, it looks like he's playing on a bad back. Or maybe not.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
I did see the game on NBA TV, but it was Bulls' announcers. There was a segment whereas they said Big Ben is getting fed up with Kwame. Did anyone else hear this? Was Kwame bodying him up? He should have had 10+ blocks last night. Too bad he isn't a swatter. I counted about 5 - 7 layups he should have prevented. 18/12 is good on the road vs. Big Ben, but since his post game is raw he couldn't really go off. Should have also had about 30 points too. But he is progressing

yeah, i heard that comment about getting fed up with kwame. that would be one hell of a showdown, big ben vs. kwame. scary thought. but kwame clearly had the upper hand through most of the night.
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

smush's overall attitude and demeanor were mush better last night, and it showed in his overall effort. he played a solid game. hopefully he's learning from the start of this season how he must play with someone coming up behind him for his minutes on the floor. we need a motivated smush, not the pouting smush. let's hope he's learning.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Good job, Mike.

That pick and roll killed Bynum and Farmar. We get any kind of game from Kobe, of all people, and we take the W. Kwame and Smush played strong. Kwame did a great job sealing on Big Ben...we probably should have went to him more, but I don't think we trusted it after he missed a couple of those short jumphooks early. And Kwame has got to work on his FTs, those line drives aren't going to get too many kind bounces.
VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Sasha is money tonight. Brining energy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: