Would you rather have Butler + Leonard or just Lebron?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you rather have Butler + Leonard or just Lebron?
LeBron
82%
 82%  [ 24 ]
Butler and Leonard
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 29

BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Would you rather have Butler + Leonard or just Lebron?

Sounds like bc we got lebron, we might not get Butler or Leonard. Clippers might actually be better than us next year. Which player(s) would you rather have?

((POLL ADDED - JMK))
MikeHoncho
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Would you rather have Butler + Leonard or just Lebron?

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Sounds like bc we got lebron, we might not get Butler or Leonard. Clippers might actually be better than us next year. Which player(s) would you rather have?

So they'll have Kawhi and Butler and what else? The notion that this team just has LeBron is nonsense. They'll get another guy to take that other max slot.

I also think Butler wanting the Clippers is because he knows the Lakers won't trade assets.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject:

LeBron.
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject:

Lebron all day everyday and twice on sundays in that white Laker jersey! Lol
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:

What kind of question is that??

Do you really need reinforcements???
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject:

Why would Kawhi wanna hitch his long-term to Jimmy butler?!
Makes no sense.
IF Butler goes to Clips, I like our chances at KAwhi better than if he doesn't.

But to answer the question, LeBron.
Butler is vastly overrated. I would have rather had PG than Butler and I don't think either player are franchise changers or can carry the torch when Lebron finally is washed.
Lakerfans need to exhibit some patience.
We have Bron finding the right or best fit is more important than grabbing the first available guy just because PG13 did us a favor by re-signing in OKC.
Even if you don't believe in our young core, we have young assets (Ingram/Kuz/Ball etc) all our picks and cap flex.

PLUS Lebron is showing the world that thought LA and Hollywood did not matter how much easier it is to grow your brand and power for a prestige franchise like the Lakers.

Besides Lebron plus Butler minus Ingram/hart (for example) may make us better but we would still be underdogs vs State anyways.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject:

If the notion is Jimmy wants to be the "Man," and that KL too would like to be the "Man" and not under LBJ's shadow, why would these two team up?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
Makes no sense.

But to answer the question, LeBron.
Butler is vastly overrated. I would have rather had PG than Butler and I don't think either player are franchise changers or can carry the torch when Lebron finally is washed.
Lakerfans need to exhibit some patience.
We have Bron finding the right or best fit is more important than grabbing the first available guy just because PG13 did us a favor by re-signing in OKC.
Even if you don't believe in our young core, we have young assets (Ingram/Kuz/Ball etc) all our picks and cap flex.

PLUS Lebron is showing the world that thought LA and Hollywood did not matter how much easier it is to grow your brand and power for a prestige franchise like the Lakers.

Besides Lebron plus Butler minus Ingram/hart (for example) may make us better but we would still be underdogs vs State anyways.

Exactly. What happened to the reports after we signed Bron, that Kawhi wanted to be his side kick and guard the tough opponents? IMO Kawhi would much rather play with Bron than Butler who has never won a damn thing.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

Butler was never a good fit. He can't shoot 3s and is no better than Josh Hart will be in a couple years.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

Butler is a nice player.

But what is clearly evident now is that he thinks/wants to be the Man. He's not taking a backseat role to anyone so maybe it's good this is happening. Only thing that sucks is that the list of max FAs is getting shorter.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
Makes no sense.

You never know with these basketball relationships off the court. I never would have pegged Draymond Green as the one to convince KD to join the Warriors.

Butler, Kawhi and Kyrie all came out of the same 2011 draft class.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Would you rather have Butler + Leonard or just Lebron?

BigBallerBrand wrote:

By 2019, LeBron/Ingram/Kuzma > Butler/Kawhi.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

Lebron + Kids + Vets.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

Hard question to answer without seeing them play yet. On paper, it seems the best answer would be LeBron, Kahwi, Butler, although that means giving up on a lot of young talent, perhaps too early.

Reality is we don't know how well Kahwi's leg situation has resolved yet, we don't have a great feel for where Butler's head is at with regards to playing alongside other max players, we can still pick up a max who may be as good as Kahwi and better than Butler, and there is a good chance that more than one of our young guys will show marked improvement over last season, on just as steep a curve as Ingram did from his rookie to sophomore seasons.

Were light at center. I'd take LeBron, our present core, plus AD over any of the above.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject:

Since you need to give something for butler, I take Lebron + Ingram/Lonzo over Butler + Leonard
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

If Kawhi is 100% healthy then Butler and Kawhi. Kawhi is only 27 and you get him in his prime and he's top 4 player in the NBA and probably the best defensive player in the league. Honestly, Kawhi is the franchise player I'd probably take over every player in the league because of age.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If the notion is Jimmy wants to be the "Man," and that KL too would like to be the "Man" and not under LBJ's shadow, why would these two team up?

The "shadow" either casts is nowhere near the one that James casts. On and off the court. I can see where other players would prefer to not be a bit player in the James' movie.

James adds a lot of drama to a team. His presence amps up the level of coverage and expectations. All while he is declining. James is the Alpha on any team he is on. Players have to adjust their games to him. He will get the accolades for success and the excuses made for him when the team isn't.

Cue Windhorst report..."It's everyone else's fault, he is Lebron". "Fire the coach or trade for players that will give him the proper amount of help".

I am speaking in hypothetical terms. There are probably players lining up for the opportunity to play with James. I'm assuming our young players are ecstatic to be a part of it. At least for now. Being a Laker with James could easily become fatiguing from all the scrutiny and off court drama.

But for veteran marquee players I can see why some would hesitate and choose to form a team with more compatible players on and off the court.

Who knows where these players actually end up after all the dominoes fall. Just hope the Lakers do not get caught up in the trade talks. Wait until next summer. Not all the free agents will choose or be traded to other teams. They will still be able to add a quality player or two to improve the team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

Lebron
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Would you rather have Butler + Leonard or just Lebron?

MikeHoncho wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

So they'll have Kawhi and Butler and what else? The notion that this team just has LeBron is nonsense. They'll get another guy to take that other max slot.

I also think Butler wanting the Clippers is because he knows the Lakers won't trade assets.

Lebron is the only star talent on this team. McGee and Beasley can be good role players, along with KCP. Rondo is good now and then. Everyone else is TBD.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

And then why would either want to come here? We know Butler isn’t interested.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

LeBron + Klay
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And then why would either want to come here? We know Butler isn’t interested.

Well, you're supporting my argument. If 2 so called alpha leads want to be the man, how is it logical that they will then team up?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

If we have learned anything it is that logic rarely applies. I gave up guessing what these guys would do several years ago, it is a generation that is much different than mine.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
If we have learned anything it is that logic rarely applies. I gave up guessing what these guys would do several years ago, it is a generation that is much different than mine.

These guys are motivated by so many different and oftentimes undecipherable reasons.

LBJ was the longshot for me and we got him.
PG13 was the surefire guy for me and he chose OKC.

Strange world of FA.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
LeBron + Klay

Let Kawhi and Butler team up on the Clippers. We'll take Klay or Durant and destroy them next year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: