OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 334, 335, 336 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Quote:
Mike Trudell
@LakersReporter
Following Following @LakersReporter
More
Magic said Kuzma has been terrific, and was dominating certain 5-on-5’s runs, feeling like he was LeBron … at least up until LeBron got back. Then, you know, LeBron was LeBron

When is the last time one of our players were "dominating" in practice? I expect LeBron to do it. I never heard that Dwight, Pau, Nash,, or others did it.

From his workouts and released info, I'm picturing a (he appears to be) 6' 10" guy,, with a James Harden type handle, more quickness, increased leaping ability, stronger and more sturdy, with far more confidence in what he's doing. I expect LeBron has his star right now, and Ingram hasn't even got to camp yet, apparently.

Imo, he will prove to be every bit as good as, but probably better Tatum, and a lot of people's Lakers' GPS are going to be forced to begin "Recalculating."

I hope you are right. This would be quite a jump in one summer.
I've heard of guys being called "the best player in practice," but when you tell me someone is dominating, that person can't be stopped by anyone on offense, they get nearly every rebound, or they stop anyone they get near on defense. I'm not there, but I'm picturing him having his way, being unstoppable on offense against grown professional men. More people will come up with their own descriptions of what they see on Tuesday. This year promises to be lots of fun
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Rondo with lots of high praises for Kuzma, they text a lot about game film.

“Kuzma, he’s my rookie. He’s my young guy.”
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Gettin the impression from these interviews that Kuz will be a monster this upcoming season.. I think he's going to end up being a starter.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Gettin the impression from these interviews that Kuz will be a monster this upcoming season.. I think he's going to end up being a starter.

Yeah, aside from LBJ, of course, I think I'm most amped to see him.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Same here.. I know I'm in the minority, and as long as he gets his minutes it shouldn't matter all that much, but I'd rather him be a starter than a sixth man.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I'm pumped to see every one of the young guys. If only one of them breaks out I will be happy.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

says a lot about kuz when the vet PG says he's my guy

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

says a lot about kuz when the vet PG says he's my guy

Rondo has a padawan????

--Anonymous
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

I found it a bit odd on what Beasley had to say about Kuz on the Spectrum interview. It seems like Beas wants Kuz to humble himself a bit
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Every time I've seen a scrimmage this summer Kuz is in it. If there's one player who draws the most comments from others about getting bigger, and getting better, it's Kuz. When LeBron talks about playing with a promising young core, Kuzma is often the first name he mentions. Who does LeBron have sharing center screen alongside of him in the first Press Day photo I see? Kuzma. Who does BI mention as the most vocal leader of the young core? Kuzma.

Yeah, all four young core guys improved this offseason, but Kuz is clearly asserting his presence the most, followed by Hart. Something tells me Kuz is ready to rumble this year, this time on both ends of the court, and for more than 82 games. Could be a very good year for Kuz and for the Lakers.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Man, So excited to see Kuzma. Not worried about stats this season when it comes to him, more interested in the consistent application of his ability especially in the clutch
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
I found it a bit odd on what Beasley had to say about Kuz on the Spectrum interview. It seems like Beas wants Kuz to humble himself a bit

What did Beasley say? If we're going by distance traveled the last thing I would think Kuz needed is a good humbling. He put in some extreme work just to shoot up draft boards and hasn't stopped since.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Beas has such a weird personality.. If there was a wildcard it would be him. I really like his game though, hopefully there aren't any issues.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't see any reason to have Kuz come off the bench if he is ready to have a big year and break out. Ball/BI/Bron/Kuz should be an interchangable 1-4 lineup, with McGee as the center for spot minutes. Depending on matchups, BI could guard the PG's with his length, Ball can guard the off ball SG's instead of BI running around off the ball chasing around SG's, and Bron & Kuz can switch around guarding 3 & 4's or can switch everything and have BI guard the best perimeter player and give Bron the weakest offensive player to guard in the regular season so he can be fresh come playoff time. That lineup is both a big and small ball lineup at the same time, and they should be playing as many minutes as possible going forward.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is the truth, man. The way everyone talks about him around there is on a different level.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
I don't see any reason to have Kuz come off the bench if he is ready to have a big year and break out. Ball/BI/Bron/Kuz should be an interchangable 1-4 lineup, with McGee as the center for spot minutes. Depending on matchups, BI could guard the PG's with his length, Ball can guard the off ball SG's instead of BI running around off the ball chasing around SG's, and Bron & Kuz can switch around guarding 3 & 4's or can switch everything and have BI guard the best perimeter player and give Bron the weakest offensive player to guard in the regular season so he can be fresh come playoff time. That lineup is both a big and small ball lineup at the same time, and they should be playing as many minutes as possible going forward.

Couldn't agree more.. our view is a minority one though lol..

Most likely he'll be forcing himself into the starting line up. Same way Randle did.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Kuz is the truth, man. The way everyone talks about him around there is on a different level.

Yup.. any every vet got asked about him during interviews. Rondo seems to LOVEEE him. Kuz is cut from that special cloth that guys like Kobe, Rondo, LeBron, etc are cut from: gain every advantage possible.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:

maybe alluding to kuz maybe having to accept a 6th man role.

no need to humble himself. his swagger/confidence is what gives him that edge
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Request: Change title to "Kyle 'I Belong' Kuzma"

When asked what was the number one thing he learned from his rookie season he said it was, "That I belong".

On the biggest thing that he learned: "That I belong, I think that’s the biggest thing, you know coming in to the season I was very confident but at the same time I didn’t initially know what I can do, but now I know what I can do, and I can do a lot more."
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I love Kuz' mentality this offseason to work on his biggest weakness; defense. Him asking Luke what he has to do to play the 5. His commitment to being great. And his do anything to help the team win attitude is such a blessing. Kuz is legit.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is going to be fun to watch this year, both on and off the court

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
818fan wrote:

yup. probably just asking him to take the 6th man role and get buckets like 6th men do. And he will also close most games
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
818fan wrote:

Kuz also got the reputation of having possibly the most confidence of anybody on the team. He only played one season as an underdog team that got to sneak up on people. So Beasley could just be referring to an overconfidence issue due to his age that has nothing to do with a 6th man role. Lord Knows Beasley got humbled tremendously in his career.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
818fan wrote:

yup. probably just asking him to take the 6th man role and get buckets like 6th men do. And he will also close most games

thinking about this more ---- man, Beasley is great to have in the locker-room for this reason. Beas has been the highly touted prospect who had to humble himself. He understands that Kuz is talented, needs to accept whatever humble and talented role, and Kuz has to understand that he's still super blessed to maybe be the next Ginobli or Iggy...this is perspective that Beas can impart --- bcuz I'm sure Beas regrets that his talent never manifested that success/role
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
818fan wrote:

thinking about this more ---- man, Beasley is great to have in the locker-room for this reason. Beas has been the highly touted prospect who had to humble himself. He understands that Kuz is talented, needs to accept whatever humble and talented role, and Kuz has to understand that he's still super blessed to maybe be the next Ginobli or Iggy...this is perspective that Beas can impart --- bcuz I'm sure Beas regrets that his talent never manifested that success/role

too true though, too true
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 334, 335, 336 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 335 of 880
Jump to: