Official Isaac Bonga Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Long Term, Mitchell Robinson looked great in Summer League. Good news is, those players will be a dime a dozen real soon. Centers who can block, dunk, and shoot threes. They won’t be made any other way for the next few years at least, until the next NBA trend.

yeah, ok....a dime a dozen
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Hey has anyone seen Bonga at the scrimmages? Do they even let him play? Lebron must scare him to death.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Hey has anyone seen Bonga at the scrimmages? Do they even let him play? Lebron must scare him to death.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Isaac Bonga looks to prove scouting department right

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/09/17/lakers-player-preview-isaac-bonga/
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Long Term, Mitchell Robinson looked great in Summer League. Good news is, those players will be a dime a dozen real soon. Centers who can block, dunk, and shoot threes. They won’t be made any other way for the next few years at least, until the next NBA trend.

Robinson can’t shoot 3s. His stroke is remedial. Even if his stroke was decent, do u know how many Centers hit 3s consistently in workouts? A lottt. He’s hit a couple 3s in high school right? Not much more? Lol, far from a 3pt threat
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Robinson can’t shoot 3s. His stroke is remedial. Even if his stroke was decent, do u know how many Centers hit 3s consistently in workouts? A lottt. He’s hit a couple 3s in high school right? Not much more? Lol, far from a 3pt threat
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Steven Adams hit them all the time in practice.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

It appears he is on the German National team although he is not getting court time. D Schroder (Okc), M Kleber (Mavs) and I Hartenstein (Rockets) are his teammates.

Similar situation as Zu on Croatia.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Kanter is on Instagram hitting 12 in a row. McGee does the same.. I view a handful of 3s in high school as this same dynamic
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Never understood the attraction of having a 3 pt shooting center. In order of preference defense, rim protection, rebounding, passing and interior scoring are the attributes I prefer.

I personally would want my other 4 players to take 3 pt shots as they should inherently be more proficient at it.

Robinson has the potential to be an impact player without being a scorer. In hindsight would have preferred him to be Laker than Wagner and that is not a slight against Wagner. Just the impression I got from SL and not from his stats but what he flashed during games.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Never understood the attraction of having a 3 pt shooting center. In order of preference defense, rim protection, rebounding, passing and interior scoring are the attributes I prefer.

I personally would want my other 4 players to take 3 pt shots as they should inherently be more proficient at it.

Robinson has the potential to be an impact player without being a scorer. In hindsight would have preferred him to be Laker than Wagner and that is not a slight against Wagner. Just the impression I got from SL and not from his stats but what he flashed during games.

5-out spacing is a premium at the NBA level.

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yes I agree. I cannot think of a top level team that is offensively efficient with a center shooting 3's.

Small ball line ups where the centers are hybrid PF's I could see this being the case. Al Horford might be the only outlier although I feel he could play both C and PF.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yes I agree. I cannot think of a top level team that is offensively efficient with a center shooting 3's.

Small ball line ups where the centers are hybrid PF's I could see this being the case. Al Horford might be the only outlier although I feel he could play both C and PF.

If Horford was 7', that would be the ideal.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Looked more comfy today.
Had the bone headed play at the end. Hopefully that's his Kobe moment and it doesn't happen again
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Looked more comfy today.
Had the bone headed play at the end. Hopefully that's his Kobe moment and it doesn't happen again

Future HOF career confirmed.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
Looked more comfy today.

Future HOF career confirmed.

He does look older than he is.
So either a lebron career or an oden career.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

That last play was dumb, but I'll be somewhat fair because Lance put the team in a bad position at the end.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

It was more that he's a point guard and doesn't want to shoot.

That's how a play like that happens. His first instinct is "I can't shoot, better pass." and he thought about that before he thought about the clock and that's a no no.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Good effort out there Bonga. Made a nice pass and was active defensive. Just remember to shoot it next time young buck
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Good effort out there Bonga. Made a nice pass and was active defensive. Just remember to shoot it next time young buck

He seems to have good defensive instinct and positioning.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Its preseason and its only his second game but how do you pass on a wide open shot to end the game? Take the shot bro
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Bye Bye Bonga
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I thought he looked pretty good out there. He didn't look as lost as summer league. And he's the youngest player in the NBA. Couple years in the g league and who knows
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Much more engaged and aware. That last play, well... learning moment. Glad it happened in preseason.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
It was more that he's a point guard and doesn't want to shoot.

That's how a play like that happens. His first instinct is "I can't shoot, better pass." and he thought about that before he thought about the clock and that's a no no.

he's also simply a bad shooter and probably unconfident in making that shot -- at least above one of his teammates
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 27 of 53
Jump to: