OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Towns and Wiggins have accomplished nothing but stat padding. They will be a perennial .500 team with those two salaries

I questioned Wiggins motor on draft night. I always thought his tendency to do the splinter stance was strange. That's when you place your hands on your hips, but in reverse, where your thumbs are forward and the other four fingers supporting the back. I see that in track and field when runners are finished and winded. I also see pregnant women do that. It's not a scientific way to analyze someone, but I've always been prejudiced against the stance, when track and field isn't involved, because in high school, we had a teammate that did that, and he was pretty lazy. So it's interesting to me to hear Butler question Wiggins' motor.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
defense wrote:
Towns and Wiggins have accomplished nothing but stat padding. They will be a perennial .500 team with those two salaries

I questioned Wiggins motor on draft night. I always thought his tendency to do the splinter stance was strange. That's when you place your hands on your hips, but in reverse, where your thumbs are forward and the other four fingers supporting the back. I see that in track and field when runners are finished and winded. I also see pregnant women do that. It's not a scientific way to analyze someone, but I've always been prejudiced against the stance, when track and field isn't involved, because in high school, we had a teammate that did that, and he was pretty lazy. So it's interesting to me to hear Butler question Wiggins' motor.

From Zach Lowe's most recent article:
Quote:
Motion-tracking cameras recorded Wiggins "running fast" during only 4.8 percent of his time on the floor, one of the 10 lowest such figures in the league, per Second Spectrum. (Almost everyone in his slowpoke vicinity is a plodding 7-footer.)

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
defense wrote:

I never liked the way he carried himself off-ball dating back to college, but couldn't articulate what it was until now. Great observation.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
defense wrote:

One of his parents (I believe his mom) was a track star so he picked up that stance from her. Supposedly it helps him breathe or something. There was a piece about it a few years back.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
defense wrote:

One of his parents (I believe his mom) was a track star so he picked up that stance from her. Supposedly it helps him breathe or something. There was a piece about it a few years back.

Hmm, that might explain it. Wonder if it's been a detriment to him though. I just stood up and tried it. You can definitely lean your back more with that stance as the the bulk of the hands are supporting the weight.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
defense wrote:

Quote:
Motion-tracking cameras recorded Wiggins "running fast" during only 4.8 percent of his time on the floor, one of the 10 lowest such figures in the league, per Second Spectrum. (Almost everyone in his slowpoke vicinity is a plodding 7-footer.)

Man, they in trouble. I see them unloading him eventually too.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
defense wrote:

Hmm, that might explain it. Wonder if it's been a detriment to him though. I just stood up and tried it. You can definitely lean your back more with that stance as the the bulk of the hands are supporting the weight.

Should he be tiring out that quickly/easily?
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Butler gets traded, and he wants his own legacy and fame, there is no better place to go then Sacramento, if he joined the Kings and lead them to the playoffs he would be a hero.

Butler wants to be traded to the team willing to give him a max extension. His trade demand is motivated by $ only.

I wonder if Toronto is willing to give KL a max extension.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
defense wrote:

I have absolutely no clue what that particular stance means, but I have always noted that for players over the years because it kind of fascinated me.

He may not do it regularly, but the player I've observed most recently is our very own Lonzo Ball.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/1043891561099128832
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

Knicks always being played lol not even Butler wants to go to there team.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
defense wrote:

Quote:

Man, they in trouble. I see them unloading him eventually too.

I can only think the Kings are dumb enough to take on his deal. I'd trade him for Buddy Hield and cap relief if I were the new Wolves GM.

DeRozan had a lot of the same issues as Wiggins as an athletic, raw player who wasn't even as good at the same age as Wiggins. But DeRozan is such a worker, and nothing points to Wiggins working hard enough or smart enough to really take a big jump in rounding out his game. Maybe his awareness is just that poor, but he seems to be a guy who only cares what happens when the ball is in front of him, and getting paid $25-30M a year isn't going to incentivize him to change.

It's too bad that Jimmy and Thibs are such aholes. Because I bet they're right about KAT and Wiggins, but they're both terrible communicators and total jerks who couldn't get through to young guys who need to improve a lot at the less glamorous stuff to help their team win.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Hypothetical -

Would you have done one of (Ball or Ingram or Kuzma) and Deng + 5m cash for Butler?

This would take the Lakers out of the race for KL, KD, KT race but improve the championship aspirations this year and leave significant cap space next year still.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Julius + Deng for Butler!

Do it Maginka!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Minnesota is trading away their chance at the playoffs. Denver will probably grab a playoff spot now.

I just hope Minny at least trades Butler to an Eastern Conference team.
Naf_srekaL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Minnesota is trading away their chance at the playoffs. Denver will probably grab a playoff spot now.

I just hope Minny at least trades Butler to an Eastern Conference team.

They should take the best offer they can get, but assuming they still intend on making the playoffs, I imagine they won't want to trade to any WC bubble team like the Clippers.

I imagine they are heavily targeting the East Coast teams like Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee, etc... teams that want to leapfrog Celtics.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Hypothetical -

Would you have done one of (Ball or Ingram or Kuzma) and Deng + 5m cash for Butler?

This would take the Lakers out of the race for KL, KD, KT race but improve the championship aspirations this year and leave significant cap space next year still.

Only if Butler had agreed not to opt out giving the Lakers a chance to clear enough salary to give a max/near max contract to Leonard next summer.

Ball or Ingram (whoever isn't traded)
Hart
Butler
Leonard
Lebron

That's a nice closing lineup.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

They’ve been in the playoffs and Towns has been an all star. That isn’t nothing.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

They barely made playoffs after buckets went down last year VLF. This being after Jimmy had then at a #3 record IIRC before going down.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Washington would be an interesting landing spot for Butler. Beal for Butler maybe?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Washington would be an interesting landing spot for Butler. Beal for Butler maybe?

I highly doubt the Wizards give up Beal, it will likely be a deal centered around Kelly Oubre or Otto Porter.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I highly doubt the Wizards give up Beal, it will likely be a deal centered around Kelly Oubre or Otto Porter.

Porter’s contract is terrible. I doubt they’d want to add his to Wiggins and Towns gigantic contracts.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Hypothetical -

No. You give up a young asset, force yourself to give up more to get access to better free agents you already have room for, and you do this for a high miles questionable attitude 30 year old who wants to be the man and get paid more than he wants to win it all?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not Oubre, he tried his hardest to shoot over 33% from 3 for once and couldn’t do it. He’s not good.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
defense wrote:

I have absolutely no clue what that particular stance means, but I have always noted that for players over the years because it kind of fascinated me.

He may not do it regularly, but the player I've observed most recently is our very own Lonzo Ball.

Yep, I've seen Lonzo do it, but he doesn't do it quite as much. I didn't even noticed it until pro. But you definitely noticed Wiggins doing it in college. But I have no issues with Lonzo's motor. Like I said, absolutely not scientific, could just be coincidence in my case. Since I'm connecting a lazy high school teammate who did it, to Wiggins whose motor is also questioned.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 76 of 8560
Jump to: