OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
Can easily see KCP shooting over .40 3pt%.

The issue is whether or not he can improve his playmaking ability. He vastly needs to improve his handle. He’s a solid 3 and D guy right now that just needs to take the next step.

I think Hart took that step though this offseason so it’s gonna be interesting to see that camp battle. I think in lineups without a tradition center, Hart’s ability to switch onto larger players will be a factor. If we are playing with a traditional big, KCP brings better perimeter defense to the floor. I feel there’s going to be a role for both.

I recall KCP making some very nice passes last year.

Maybe a few... but his playmaking leaves a lot to be desired and it’s silly to deny that. Right now, he’s a good 3-D guy but fairly limited with the ball in his hands.

If he can make good passes from here and there in a 82 game season then him becoming a solid playmaker is a possibility.

That’s like saying if a guy can dunk he could become a great finisher. It’s not that simple. Love the optimism but I think you’re being unrealistic.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
epak wrote:
KCP got his body right this year. Won't be surprised if he leads the team in 3 pt%

I believe this is realistic. 43-45% as mentioned above seems like a long shot.

It might be but so far everything we have read about Pope has been encouraging.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
epak wrote:
KCP got his body right this year. Won't be surprised if he leads the team in 3 pt%

It is always that way here before the season starts--everything is perfect. Birds are singing. Flowers are blooming. The sky is blue. Surfs up. Every day is the first day of a three-day weekend. I hope KCP does shoot over 43% from the 3 pt line; if it happens, I will be very surprised.

--Anonymous
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:28 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
I heard Magic mention KCP at the press conference. He said KCP really transformed his body and he may have even added a wow.

I think KCP flies under the radar and it is not unusual for a 25 year old to break out. He had all the legal issues last year and it was his first year as a Laker.

So I think he is a sleeper breakout candidate but I am not sure where that leaves us if he does breakout. If we want to retain him we lose the ability to sign a max FA. He may be like the Julius Randle situation last year.

I think the best case is that he breaks out and shows extreme value and KL starts squawking that he wants out of Toronto and KCP is the centerpiece of our package to Toronto. All KCP has to do is breakout for this to work.

Remember we will have early bird rights, so we can sign him after using all the capspace.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
epak wrote:

It is always that way here before the season starts--everything is perfect. Birds are singing. Flowers are blooming. The sky is blue. Surfs up. Every day is the first day of a three-day weekend. I hope KCP does shoot over 43% from the 3 pt line; if it happens, I will be very surprised.

True true... but if you are being fair, this season is a season to be really excited about because of the kind of seasons we have had for the last 5 years mixed with the REAL potential of this team. I mean no matter what everyone is saying if you get to the playoffs with a player like Lebron you have a reason to think you can win it all.

Im excited to see what KCP looks like this year... I thought he had a decent year last year...We have to get his defense to look like we were expecting when we signed him. With this new physique he should be able to do that. He is going to get so many open looks this year that he should be able to get close to that 43%
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
epak wrote:

Very true. Remember when DLo was a “passing savant”?
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

True true... but if you are being fair, this season is a season to be really excited about because of the kind of seasons we have had for the last 5 years mixed with the REAL potential of this team. I mean no matter what everyone is saying if you get to the playoffs with a player like Lebron you have a reason to think you can win it all.

Im excited to see what KCP looks like this year... I thought he had a decent year last year...We have to get his defense to look like we were expecting when we signed him. With this new physique he should be able to do that. He is going to get so many open looks this year that he should be able to get close to that 43%
I agree. I can barely contain my anticipation. I believe that Lebron is going to make the other players much more efficient. I don't think their individual scoring, rebounding, assist, etc. stats will increase--because Lebron will be getting his fair share and more--but they will be doing it much more efficiently with higher percentages, etc. Still, if KCP ends the season at 43% 3 pt shooting, I will be shocked. I hope that you are right and that I am shocked.
ringfinger wrote:
Very true. Remember when DLo was a “passing savant”?

Over the years there have been many disappointments from players who we thought might turn out to be good only for them to become duds. I am very hopeful that Magic, Pelinka and Luke are able to get players to reach their potential.

--Anonymous
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

When people mention the "kids", they overlook that KCP is kinda one of them. He's still only 25. I don't know how we integrate both he and Hart in the future. I think Hart wins Magic's heart in the long run (see what I did there? Ha!).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
epak wrote:

What is the REAL potential? We have a star in Lebron backed by solid vets in McGee, KCP and Beasley. None of those solid vets have ever been considered top 40 players in the league. And they are backed up by some kids who have had a few NBA moments and some who haven’t. I would say that the potential is anywhere from a 3 seed to a 10 seed.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
When people mention the "kids", they overlook that KCP is kinda one of them. He's still only 25. I don't know how we integrate both he and Hart in the future. I think Hart wins Magic's heart in the long run (see what I did there? Ha!).

Why do we have to only have KCP or Hart remember Magic had Byron Scott and Michael Cooper. It is not always one or the other sometimes having a lot of talent is important.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
epak wrote:

What is the REAL potential? We have a star in Lebron backed by solid vets in McGee, KCP and Beasley. None of those solid vets have ever been considered top 40 players in the league. And they are backed up by some kids who have had a few NBA moments and some who haven’t. I would say that the potential is anywhere from a 3 seed to a 10 seed.

Got it. LeBron could move the Lakers up to 10th seed, around 42 wins, even though barring a bus accident, no scrub will play a single meaningful minute from positions 1-4, all season long (unlike Vander Blue, Caruso, Ennis, Payton, Wear, etc last year).

I noticed how mentioning Rondo didn't fit your narrative about the vets, so you conveniently left him out when you foresaw the sky falling to the 10th seed.

In my profession they refer to that type of convenient deceit as being less than truthful. I'm just sayin.'
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Got it. LeBron could move the Lakers up to 10th seed, around 42 wins, even though barring a bus accident, no scrub will play a single meaningful minute from positions 1-4, all season long (unlike Vander Blue, Caruso, Ennis, Payton, Wear, etc last year).

I noticed how mentioning Rondo didn't fit your narrative about the vets, so you conveniently left him out when you foresaw the sky falling to the 10th seed.

In my profession they refer to that type of convenient deceit as being less than truthful. I'm just sayin.'

What ever happened to having reasonable civil discussions? Why the anger? Why imply that VLF is lying? State your facts civilly.

VLF said anywhere from #3 to #10--he didn't say #10. He didn't imply the probabilities of any of the seedings (he never said #10 was way more likely than #3). Are you implying that there are no scenarios that you can foresee that might end up with the Lakers at #10?

--Anonymous
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
epak wrote:

That’s because Rondo is pretty much done as a player. He wasn’t a big help for the Pelicans last season, he was up and down all year. The others should consistently be a plus for the team. If you can’t see that the jury is out on this team then that’s because of your own bias. But you jump on the 10th seed and not the 3rd so that bias is very obvious.
Naf_srekaL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
epak wrote:

That’s because Rondo is pretty much done as a player. He wasn’t a big help for the Pelicans last season, he was up and down all year. The others should consistently be a plus for the team. If you can’t see that the jury is out on this team then that’s because of your own bias. But you jump on the 10th seed and not the 3rd so that bias is very obvious.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

Easy to spot who didn’t watch many Pelicans games.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

What ever happened to having reasonable civil discussions? Why the anger? Why imply that VLF is lying? State your facts civilly.

VLF said anywhere from #3 to #10--he didn't say #10. He didn't imply the probabilities of any of the seedings (he never said #10 was way more likely than #3). Are you implying that there are no scenarios that you can foresee that might end up with the Lakers at #10?

I guess the answer to your question is because the shtick gets old after a while. No anger was involved in the post, but clearly I have a distaste for misleading posts.

We're talking about a knowledgeable person who considers all the facts, and sees a possibility of this team faring virtually no better than last year. Yes, I'm implying that is completely unreasonable if you know anything about basketball. I'm implying that the only scenario they could end up as 10th seed would be a bus accident where the starters were injured.

We're all knowledgeable posters, some more than others, so we shouldn't have to sort through and waste time reading something that is absolutely not going to happen. We should be able to expect that we're reading and responding to communications that are realistic. If I have to argue why this team, with the best player in the world, won't be 10th seed,, it's a classic waste of time.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
epak wrote:

3rd seed is a reasonable guess, while 10th, and the number of games they'd have to lose to be that, is not.

If I told you this team could either win a ring and go down as an all time great team, or be nothing more than an average team this season, you'd be the first poster saying there's no chance they could be an all time great team. You're not going to let anyone get away with over hyping this squad without putting 2 cents in. Is that because you're biased the opposite direction that you accuse me of being? What you spin as bias on my part is actually preference for honest communication. You can't make any reasonable, non biased person who's familiar with the team and basketball in general, fan or not, believe there's a possibility of 9 Western Conference teams being better this year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Easy to spot who didn’t watch many Pelicans games.

You very well know without Rondo’s leadership and on-court contributions, the Pelicans likely would have been nothing more then a mediocre team, Jrue Holiday played at the 2 spot which made him a better player, that was the Impact Rondo had, you don’t have to rile up the Laker fans who have been excited for this season by calling Rondo useless, a better term to use is a guy who isn’t what he used to be in terms of putting up great numbers but his Impact is undeniable, and even the Pelicans know that that’s why they were upset when Rondo walked in FA.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Takes Perceived Lack Of Shooting Personal

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-media-day-kentavious-caldwell-pope-perceived-lack-of-shooting-personal/2018/09/27/

KCP looks more relaxed and confident around the media. Some of his interviews last season were painful to watch because of his shyness.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Hart needs to start over KCP.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Glad it was only the first game of pre season.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Hart needs to start over KCP.

Hart was already better than KCP by the end of last season... as a rookie.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Not a good first preseason game. Move on to the next.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Not a good first preseason game. Move on to the next.

I did not know vets who have been in this league and know how to play are supposed to show out in the 1st pre season game...
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Just something to remember about Kcp

When he’s bad, he’s a tire fire

When he’s good, he’s a flamethrower
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 80 of 182
Jump to: