Sexual Harassment Accusations (Weinstein sentenced to 23 years; Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus) BILL COSBY RELEASED pg44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Video of Cosby being taken away in handcuffs: https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1044664024384757760
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A maximum security prison? I think not. I don't think he'll be sharing a cell block with gangsters and drug lords.

Anyway, I don't know anything about Pennsylvania criminal law, but I'd expect him to come up for parole in a couple years if he lives that long.

He was sentenced to serve in a state prison. Aren't state prisons in Pennsylvania maximum security? I don't think he'll be housed in the general population. I was wrong. I thought his age would allow a lighter sentence.

There are all levels of state prisons from minimum to maximum security, based on danger and escape risk.

I thought I heard the reporter on CBS2 say maximum security when the sentence was announced.

wherever he serves his sentence, he can not be in general population. he will be a nightmare for the facility....any inmates that are able to have contact with him, and some guards will began extorting him immediately....and that is the best case scenario
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

not sure why the media are making a big deal about him being listed on sex offender list....guy is 81 years old, it will have nearly zero impact on his life if he is released.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
not sure why the media are making a big deal about him being listed on sex offender list....guy is 81 years old, it will have nearly zero impact on his life if he is released.

It has symbolic meaning. For all the disgusting names that have been hurled at the women who dare come forward, it's only fair that he gets a shameful label. Bill Cosby, convicted sex offender. It describes not simply what he did, but who he is. Big difference.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It has symbolic meaning. For all the disgusting names that have been hurled at the women who dare come forward, it's only fair that he gets a shameful label. Bill Cosby, convicted sex offender. It describes not simply what he did, but who he is. Big difference.

I am speaking more of the little coverage I watched, it was reported like "AND Cosby will have to register for sex offender list"....of course he will, but outside humiliation, just will not have the same punitive damage to his life as most. I have read before that people have that have had to register for what some may consider much lessor crimes (e.g. recall one guy had to register in plea after hit with some type of public exposure when minors were in vicinity or something because he was urinating outside a football stadium after game) claim they would rather serve harsher confinement sentencing compared to the list it is so punitive to them for the remainder of their lives. From that angle, Cosby is in different situation than a middle aged average Joe.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Cosby's sentence has to be unnerving to Weinstein. If he's found guilty I muse what his sentence will be in light of what Cosby received.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A maximum security prison? I think not. I don't think he'll be sharing a cell block with gangsters and drug lords.

Anyway, I don't know anything about Pennsylvania criminal law, but I'd expect him to come up for parole in a couple years if he lives that long.

He was sentenced to serve in a state prison. Aren't state prisons in Pennsylvania maximum security? I don't think he'll be housed in the general population. I was wrong. I thought his age would allow a lighter sentence.

There are all levels of state prisons from minimum to maximum security, based on danger and escape risk.

I thought I heard the reporter on CBS2 say maximum security when the sentence was announced.

wherever he serves his sentence, he can not be in general population. he will be a nightmare for the facility....any inmates that are able to have contact with him, and some guards will began extorting him immediately....and that is the best case scenario

I said I don't think he'll be placed in general population. He's still Bill Cosby. He'll buy some degree of comfort from some unscrupulous guards. Because of the nature of his crime how he'll be treated by other prisoners is a mystery.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Cosby's sentence has to be unnerving to Weinstein. If he's found guilty I muse what his sentence will be in light of what Cosby received.

Weinstein will probably do time but he never drugged his victims right?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I said I don't think he'll be placed in general population. He's still Bill Cosby. He'll buy some degree of comfort from some unscrupulous guards. Because of the nature of his crime how he'll be treated by other prisoners is a mystery.

If was over the facility, I would make a significant effort to try to ensure he is unable to do that, and he is safe from other inmates that could be of any danger. I am speaking in theory, I have no idea how realistic it is in a prison. If this guy gets out in 3 years, someone is going to want to talk to him....and right or wrong, we will listen to what he says at least once. The last thing I want him being able to claim to some New York Post writer is he got privileged or poor treatment in my facility.

How will the civil suits work? I assume they will start rolling in now?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Weinstein will probably do time but he never drugged his victims right?

R is R the modus operandi doesn't matter. If I have it right Harvey was more forceful than Bill. Does that make a difference?

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure that the details of the allegations against Weinstein have been made public. Anyway, forcefulness is not the standard when we're talking about a drugged victim.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm not understanding how you're using standard. R is R how do you apply a standard? Harvey was physical with his victims, Bill was shifty. Different MO's resulting in the same end.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

I mean it in the sense of a standard for judging the seriousness of the crime.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

What is the standard?

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not understanding how you're using standard. R is R how do you apply a standard? Harvey was physical with his victims, Bill was shifty. Different MO's resulting in the same end.

nothing to do with legal standards at all.....but as bad as many of the stories about Weinstein's actions are.....Cosby's just feel like a whole different level. Again, maybe I am not familiar with all of the Weinstein allegations, but drugging someone unconscious and having intercourse with them is an extremely low bar to get under.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

nothing to do with legal standards at all.....but as bad as many of the stories about Weinstein's actions are.....Cosby's just feel like a whole different level. Again, maybe I am not familiar with all of the Weinstein allegations, but drugging someone unconscious and having intercourse with them is an extremely low bar to get under.

No doubt what Cosby did was as lowdown and disgusting as it gets. But from what is out there about Weinstein, literally forcing himself upon and sexual assaulting women he had power over is just another way of taking advantage of "powerless" victims.

Both are disgusting vermin who prayed upon women sexually.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Weinstein and Cosby caused the victims mental anguish. Weinstein may also have caused physical damage with the use of force. Both are disgusting. IMO one more egregious. I think that's Weinstein.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Video Tour of Cosbys New Home
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Have you ever been in jail? Or are you just imagining what you think it might be like for him?

When I was in prison we used to love guys like you, eat ya for lunch.

Where I grew up -Torrence, Long Beach and San Pedro we used to chin check chumps like you as sport- punks that liked to talk about things and places you've never seen/done.

So do tell us Akindo, what is it like, first hand, being in jail....
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Have you ever been in jail? Or are you just imagining what you think it might be like for him?

When I was in prison we used to love guys like you, eat ya for lunch.

Where I grew up -Torrence, Long Beach and San Pedro we used to chin check chumps like you as sport- punks that liked to talk about things and places you've never seen/done.

So do tell us Akindo, what is it like, first hand, being in jail....

This is a pretty aggressive reply - to call someone a chump and a punk?

I didn’t know a conversation about Bill Cosby can turn so thuggish.

Probably time to lock this up before this dissolves into —> “meet me in San Pedro fool”
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
This is a pretty aggressive reply - to call someone a chump and a punk?

I didn’t know a conversation about Bill Cosby can turn so thuggish.

Probably time to lock this up before this dissolves into —> “meet me in San Pedro fool”

Toughest guy on the internet....could be setting in his room above his memaw's garage taking the most rad lines from his fiercest comic books. It is always comical when guys claim where they are from as if that legitimizes their "toughness".....even the hardest zipcodes have many of the soft variety.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

Well, this discussion took an unexpected detour.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

Come on people be civil. This thread has meaning. Mods, please PM individuals getting out of line.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

One suspension handed out. Let’s stay on the subject matter please.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Las Vegas police reopen case after Cristiano Ronaldo sued for sexual assault

Quote:
Police in Las Vegas have reopened a criminal investigation at the request of a woman who has alleged in a civil suit that global football star Cristiano Ronaldo sexually assaulted her in 2009.

Last week, attorney Leslie Mark Stovall filed a complaint in Clark County District Court alleging that Ronaldo assaulted his client, Kathryn Mayorga, in a Las Vegas hotel room on June 13, 2009.

LINK
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 39 of 44
Jump to: