Allie Clifton joins Spectrum SportsNet as studio host
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 4105

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
shortodom wrote:
We just signed the best player and have a young exciting team and you guys are complaining about a reporter? Everything gotta be perfect for you to be happy? I could give a rats ace about who does the interview's as long as we're winning on the court I'm happy


Seriously... she looks hella excited to be covering the Lakers, no need to be picky..


She’s just always gonna defend Lebron. Wouldn’t you?


She’s gonna be LeBron’s sidekick but also a Lakers supporter, she looked excited when she talked about the Lakers being in training camp and the team bonding..etc..etc.


I would hope she is excited. She just went from Cleveland to the L.A. market. One hell of a career move for any reporter.

I would also expect her to be James' biggest fan too. Just like Windhorst. They have "access" to the biggest story in the NBA.

Lets not not kid ourselves. Every story in the media is now driven by James and his influence. If you can't accept that drama and one dimensional optics you might as well turn off all the sound and just watch from tip-off to final whistle.

James will be given the accolades if any player does well and if the team does poorly at any point it will be always be because of others (never James) and the point will be driven into our skulls by those "insider" sources.

All just part of the roller coaster ride that is Lebron James. Nothing left to do but buckle up and enjoy the ride!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3030

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:
I mean I don't know bout all of y'all, but I find her attractive. But maybe that's just because I'm a lonely 21 year old working at a large accounting firm filled with people in their 40s....


Umm, I'm a bit confused. Why does this matter on a sports show? How would you rate Geeter on a 1 to 10 scale?
dont get mad at the consumer for saying what he/she sees when the studio set it up that way on purpose.
but i get your point. truth is, she is pretty. She is on TV so that matters. They like to hire attractive people(Specifically attractive women). now if they actually do their homework they can get an attractive lady that is also super knowledgeable about the sport they are in, or if they really get lucky you get a super attractive person thats also super knowledgeable about sports in general and also can talk about other topics and has a little bit of funny in them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 15854

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

honestly, I dont really care about the pre/post game or whatever. I doubt trudell leaves the gig, but who knows, he does have a family...maybe he'll take a more cushy gig (i.e. radio, TV studio) that allows him to stay in L.A. most of the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Apr 2001
Posts: 5286

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

She seemed fine when talking about anything not related to Lebron, which is a welcome change from some of our former analysts who simply had trouble communicating at all.

However, when it came to Bron coverage, her biases and "I know more than you because I've watched him forever" tone were on full display, and it came off as pretty annoying - I get we're a Laker broadcast station, and she's here as the insider to Bron and to hype him up - but it's still as blatantly biased as I've seen on our broadcasts. Even in Kobe days, we didn't see that type of bias from anybody with exception of Stu in some cases, and even he at least attempted to counter it a bit. Same for Shaq.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5701
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Sorry if you guys already realized this, but Allie was brought in not just because she’s talented and has the inside track on Lebron... but ratings! Someone on twitter mentioned that he was still going to follow Lebron as a Laker, as well as many other Clevelanders. What better way to welcome new Lakers fans than with a familiar face. And on a show that she can openly voice her opinions rather than be a sideline reporter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
daytripper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Regardless of the studio host this team will get ratings..
She is here because of Klutch and LeBron. She hosted a successful show called road trippin on LeBron's platform. The girl knows where her bread is buttered so expect 100% bias toward Lebron. It's not just her but he has many media members do this for him..not saying it's good or bad but it just goes with having LeBron James on the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 10568

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:
I mean I don't know bout all of y'all, but I find her attractive. But maybe that's just because I'm a lonely 21 year old working at a large accounting firm filled with people in their 40s....


Umm, I'm a bit confused. Why does this matter on a sports show? How would you rate Geeter on a 1 to 10 scale?
dont get mad at the consumer for saying what he/she sees when the studio set it up that way on purpose.
but i get your point. truth is, she is pretty. She is on TV so that matters. They like to hire attractive people(Specifically attractive women). now if they actually do their homework they can get an attractive lady that is also super knowledgeable about the sport they are in, or if they really get lucky you get a super attractive person thats also super knowledgeable about sports in general and also can talk about other topics and has a little bit of funny in them.


It has come to a point where calling someone attractive is offensive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB