THANK YOUJAVALE MCGEE!!! (Traded to Cleveland)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

Brook would've been fine for a few minutes but didn't you guys notice how much faster we played when McGee was in the game? McGee as a 7 footer was the first guy up the floor on many breaks last night. Brook doesn't fit the style they're going for. With all the passers on this team you need someone who can run the floor hard and finish around the rim. Brook does most of his scoring in iso. It was more about fit than the price tag.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

When McGee got subbed out for Zubac, our 3rd quarter run pretty much ended.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

But McGee can't play more than 15 minutes a game. He was signed more to be a backup than a starter. Did we really put that much faith into Zubac and the new rookie? I don't know how we deal with our lack of a starting center now. Making Kooz into a center is just terrible alternative.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Brook would've been fine for a few minutes but didn't you guys notice how much faster we played when McGee was in the game? McGee as a 7 footer was the first guy up the floor on many breaks last night. Brook doesn't fit the style they're going for. With all the passers on this team you need someone who can run the floor hard and finish around the rim. Brook does most of his scoring in iso. It was more about fit than the price tag.

He's definitely a better fit. The problem is endurance. And he's better than Shaq-A-Fool.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

If only we had another Magee on the team. Then I would have no complaints at Center.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
epak wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Why couldn't we re-sign Brolo again? The lack of size was very apparent when McGee wasn't on the floor. Can't run and gun if you can't get the rebounds.

Most likely cuz he sucks. And he costs close to Zubac + Mo combined.

He doesn't suck. Now let's see how we really suck without his presence. That $12M for KCP could have been put to much better use. I know he's part of a package for Lebron but maybe we could have negotiated down to maybe 8-9M and have money left for Brolo.

I really, really hate not having a decent center. We've been thru this before with Hibbert and then Moz. Those were miserable years. Then we finally had a decent center in Brolo last year but then we didn't resign him. fml.

1. I believe it was a package deal for KCP at $12M.
2. We can disagree on Brook.
3. When we had Hibbert and Moz did we have the best wing in the league?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

Javale did everything we could and should realistically expect of him... and more.

But we need another big for sure. This is maybe where you start talking about how letting Randle walk was a mistake. If not Ed Davis would have been a nice bench big behind McGee who should only be playing 12-16 mins per.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Javale did everything we could and should realistically expect of him... and more.

But we need another big for sure. This is maybe where you start talking about how letting Randle walk was a mistake. If not Ed Davis would have been a nice bench big behind McGee who should only be playing 12-16 mins per.

We didn't let him walk. He left on his own. Maybe when we asked him to play center, he decided to not take up the offer.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
2019 wrote:

We didn't let him walk.

He was our RFA.

So, yes we did.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

Ed Davis would've been a good signing for a year. That's the first realistic alternative that anyone has named.

Randle didn't want to be here. For me that's where the discussion ends.

Still, I'm not going to worry about our centers after one preseason game. I'm going to give it about 20 or so regular season games before I panic.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
2019 wrote:

We didn't let him walk.

He was our RFA.

So, yes we did.

Yep. And we opened the door for him. And he ran out.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

I dug his effort. Dude works hard, runs the floor like mad, and provides the vertical spacing they've been looking for for years. I'd be happy to see him back next season if he doesn't mind another minimum deal.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Still debating about Randle like its Summer
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

I never was a Randle fan. I thought he was a selfish player who was more about himself than team. I was warming to him because he was starting to fit. Acting more like a team player. I hope he has a good season and playing career. I wish him luck.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
2019 wrote:

We didn't let him walk.

He was our RFA.

So, yes we did.

LET. IT. GO.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
But McGee can't play more than 15 minutes a game. He was signed more to be a backup than a starter. Did we really put that much faith into Zubac and the new rookie? I don't know how we deal with our lack of a starting center now. Making Kooz into a center is just terrible alternative.

Where are you getting your info? He was signed to start. Period. And he played 19 minutes in a preseason game. He'll play 20-24 minutes a game during the year. He'll start and make a big difference. I do agree we need a legit back-up...Zubac had his chance and can't deliver.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Where are you getting your info? He was signed to start. Period. And he played 19 minutes in a preseason game. He'll play 20-24 minutes a game during the year. He'll start and make a big difference. I do agree we need a legit back-up...Zubac had his chance and can't deliver.

He has health issues which have restricted the amount of minutes he can play.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
King Randle wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

He has health issues which have restricted the amount of minutes he can play.

Here's where Luke comes in. He'll have to manage McGee's minutes. I have COPD so I know first hand it can be done with medication and limited minutes.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I dug his effort. Dude works hard, runs the floor like mad, and provides the vertical spacing they've been looking for for years. I'd be happy to see him back next season if he doesn't mind another minimum deal.

Same here. Not sure if he's auditioning for a big deal (unlikely given his age) but he would be a welcomed long term addition if he accepted that vet's minimum amount and a consistent role on the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

Remember guys.

Magic suited up for KAJ when he went down in the Finals.

If we absolutely need someone...
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Nest season? He hasn't even played a real game THIS season!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Nest season? He hasn't even played a real game THIS season!

Always be prepared, I guess.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

It's weird seeing a C that can actually run and dunk.

Our last C's were

-washed up Hibbert

-Mozgov the oaf who had awful hands

-Brook who gets front rimmed check on alleyoops and could barely jump
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
It's weird seeing a C that can actually run and dunk.

Our last C's were

-washed up Hibbert

-Mozgov the oaf who had awful hands

-Brook who gets front rimmed check on alleyoops and could barely jump

Hibbert was the biggest disaster, dude moved like big foot and didn’t become the rim-protector the FO envisioned I remember hearing Hibbert talk on Spectrum when we got him in the off season, and how I was excited.. that we had a big man who was fairly young and was an all star being able to clog up the paint, he was worse then Kwame..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

I didn't like Hibbert when he was at Georgetown. Skinny Minnie, He's just tall, that's all.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 13 of 44
Jump to: