My observations of this Lakers rosters
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: My observations of this Lakers rosters

unleasHell wrote:
fusuyballer wrote:
First observation:
Players I do not see a future with Lakers:

Brandon Ingram - plays too slow. body doesn't have that balance one needs to excel. doesn't do anything well enough to fit cohesively with LeBron long term. Brandon strikes me as a in-between guy that will never be great at anything where its truly beneficial to a team.

Sorry, but I can't agree with this...

I loved his play in the first pre-season game and feel this will be the season he elevates his game to the next level. He scored 16ppg last year and he should be able to easily exceed 20ppg playing with LeBron, Ball and Rondo.

Saying he is slow is funny.. Larry Bird was slow and he had an ok career, LeBron is slow and seems like a pretty good player..

Lol what?? LeBron for his size is the fastest player of all time... even as a 33 year old in his 16th season he’s usually faster than everyone on the court..
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
I don't agree with all of your points but will certainly concede that another big time scorer would certainly make things alot easier for this team.

It's understandable that Magic is taking his time evaluating Ingram but tbh I was probably one of the few on here that would've been ok packaging BI for a sure thing such as PG last year or Kawhi this summer despite the fact they were both on expiring contracts at the time they were dealt.

Do we know the Pacers would’ve took Ingram straight up for George?

Because I am pretty sure the Spurs weren’t going to. They wanted Ingram Kuzma Hart AND picks for Leonard. Which as of right now is understandable.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
daytripper wrote:
I don't agree with all of your points but will certainly concede that another big time scorer would certainly make things alot easier for this team.

It's understandable that Magic is taking his time evaluating Ingram but tbh I was probably one of the few on here that would've been ok packaging BI for a sure thing such as PG last year or Kawhi this summer despite the fact they were both on expiring contracts at the time they were dealt.

Because I am pretty sure the Spurs weren’t going to. They wanted Ingram Kuzma Hart AND picks for Leonard. Which as of right now is understandable.

Kevin Pritchard and the Pacers were asking for BI and the #2 pick.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
daytripper wrote:

Kevin Pritchard and the Pacers were asking for BI or the #2 pick.

Fixed.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
daytripper wrote:

Kevin Pritchard and the Pacers were asking for BI and the #2 pick.

Good grief I was thinking maybe BI and Deng for PG...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
daytripper wrote:

Fixed.

Is that true? Cause I remember they were asking for both, thanks for the info.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
NotHype wrote:
daytripper wrote:

Fixed.

Is that true? Cause I remember they were asking for both, thanks for the info.

Yeah, they were only asking for one of BI/the second pick.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

OP, i agree about lebron being a better offensive pippen. I actually think pippen is a better scorer generally speaking, but given the modern era perspective, you can argue lbj is a better fit (i wouldn't, but its a nitpick).

Interesting point about regretting trading BI for PG. People think its crazy, but that is an extremely valid point. PG, as of now, is far better than BI. Perhaps BI will be better, but it is a gamble. SO many questions about him, and he has not actually proved much as far as NBA games go. It's all potential right now.

I don't agree about KCP. I think we are lucky to have KCP and Beasly since we really don't have any other somewhat good scorers. HAd we had a couple of decent scorers, i can see your point about KCP. but as of now, we don't have any besides those two.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
OP, i agree about lebron being a better offensive pippen. I actually think pippen is a better scorer generally speaking, but given the modern era perspective, you can argue lbj is a better fit (i wouldn't, but its a nitpick).

Interesting point about regretting trading BI for PG. People think its crazy, but that is an extremely valid point. PG, as of now, is far better than BI. Perhaps BI will be better, but it is a gamble. SO many questions about him, and he has not actually proved much as far as NBA games go. It's all potential right now.

I don't agree about KCP. I think we are lucky to have KCP and Beasly since we really don't have any other somewhat good scorers. HAd we had a couple of decent scorers, i can see your point about KCP. but as of now, we don't have any besides those two.

Umm...Kuz? BI? You know, the two guys who led the team in scoring last year? LeBron isn't half bad as a scorer either.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

LeBron is a Laker now, you don’t have to continue to hate him and come up with asinine takes to justify it.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Umm...Kuz? BI? You know, the two guys who led the team in scoring last year? LeBron isn't half bad as a scorer either.

kuz and bi are completely unproven right now. Just because we have a lot of hope doesn't mean that they are actually playing well. well see this year how good they are.
everyone has a big thing for kuz right now. in the last game, it looks to me like kuz has trouble driving to his left. lebron tried a couple of post moves that were pathetic at best. as far a shooting skills, only kcp and beasly have shown they can be relied upon in the NBA for this team. kuz and bi scored last year on a team that was bad and didn't have much in the way of scorers except for IT when he came. Just because you get the points doesn't mean you are good. 15 ppg on one team is not the same on another. tatum scoring 15 ppg on a finals contender is far more impressive. and that doesn't mean 15 ppg for any finals contender is always better than a non contender. it all depends on the situation. the team strategy matters. if the team wants bi to be the leading scorer, then he will be in a better position to score those points vs kcp who they might decide not to strategize for as much.

KCP and Beasly have shown they can hit their FTs in games, that they can hit open shots, etc. Kuz has not. He bricked like everyone else on the team last year. BI bricked a lot as well. Beasly supposedly beats lebron in one on one all the time, which is not good. It's like saying ron harper beat MJ all the time one on one.

all of this remains to be seen. these are the red flags. there is a lot of optimism here, almost a desperate amount. perhaps we look good in a silo, just looking at the team without considering the rest of the league. Yea, we have an interesting lineup of good playmakers, defenders, etc. But playmaking is useless without the deadly scorer(s)...who are you making plays for? people who brick everything? stockton had malone. Malone is deadly. Magic had all his horses. Nash had all those 3pt shooters. LBJ himself had kyrie and love, both deadly. ROndo himself had ray allen and pierce. Now we are taking all those playmakers, removing magic's horses, malone, ray allen and pierce, kyrie and love...and we are left with a team full of playmakers with no plays to make. big huge giant red flag. you don't hear anyone on the team or the organization talking about winning championships right now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Saying BI and Kuzma aren’t proven scorers is a ridiculous assumption, these guys can score 20 points without having a good game.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Judah wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

But playmaking is useless without the deadly scorer(s)...who are you making plays for? people who brick everything? stockton had malone. Malone is deadly. Magic had all his horses. Nash had all those 3pt shooters. LBJ himself had kyrie and love, both deadly. ROndo himself had ray allen and pierce. Now we are taking all those playmakers, removing magic's horses, malone, ray allen and pierce, kyrie and love...and we are left with a team full of playmakers with no plays to make. big huge giant red flag. you don't hear anyone on the team or the organization talking about winning championships right now.

I must admit you make a really good point...
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Judah wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

kuz and bi are completely unproven right now. Just because we have a lot of hope doesn't mean that they are actually playing well. well see this year how good they are.
everyone has a big thing for kuz right now. in the last game, it looks to me like kuz has trouble driving to his left. lebron tried a couple of post moves that were pathetic at best. as far a shooting skills, only kcp and beasly have shown they can be relied upon in the NBA for this team. kuz and bi scored last year on a team that was bad and didn't have much in the way of scorers except for IT when he came. Just because you get the points doesn't mean you are good. 15 ppg on one team is not the same on another. tatum scoring 15 ppg on a finals contender is far more impressive. and that doesn't mean 15 ppg for any finals contender is always better than a non contender. it all depends on the situation. the team strategy matters. if the team wants bi to be the leading scorer, then he will be in a better position to score those points vs kcp who they might decide not to strategize for as much.

KCP and Beasly have shown they can hit their FTs in games, that they can hit open shots, etc. Kuz has not. He bricked like everyone else on the team last year. BI bricked a lot as well. Beasly supposedly beats lebron in one on one all the time, which is not good. It's like saying ron harper beat MJ all the time one on one.

all of this remains to be seen. these are the red flags. there is a lot of optimism here, almost a desperate amount. perhaps we look good in a silo, just looking at the team without considering the rest of the league. Yea, we have an interesting lineup of good playmakers, defenders, etc. But playmaking is useless without the deadly scorer(s)...who are you making plays for? people who brick everything? stockton had malone. Malone is deadly. Magic had all his horses. Nash had all those 3pt shooters. LBJ himself had kyrie and love, both deadly. ROndo himself had ray allen and pierce. Now we are taking all those playmakers, removing magic's horses, malone, ray allen and pierce, kyrie and love...and we are left with a team full of playmakers with no plays to make. big huge giant red flag. you don't hear anyone on the team or the organization talking about winning championships right now.

Oh, man. I guess it's not just your LeBron takes that are strange. KCP's career high in PPG is 14.5. BI and Kuz both averaged 16.1 last year. And please keep in mind that Kuz was a rookie. The only basis I can see you having for saying that he's more "proven" is that he's been in the league longer, but that's a poor argument. BI and Kuz are superior offensive players. KCP can score, yes, but he's not a scorer. You defeated your own argument in the bold. You aren't even considering whether or not KCP can look as good as he does at times because he's not asked to do much in his limited offensive role. Do you really think he'd be a better option than BI or Kuz if given more opportunities? If so, you apparently see a lot more ability in him than his NBA coaches have so far in his career.

And I'm just going to ignore your asinine LeBron takes. You literally don't even try to be reasonable when his name comes up in anything.

Last edited by Judah on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Judah wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

But playmaking is useless without the deadly scorer(s)...who are you making plays for? people who brick everything? stockton had malone. Malone is deadly. Magic had all his horses. Nash had all those 3pt shooters. LBJ himself had kyrie and love, both deadly. ROndo himself had ray allen and pierce. Now we are taking all those playmakers, removing magic's horses, malone, ray allen and pierce, kyrie and love...and we are left with a team full of playmakers with no plays to make. big huge giant red flag. you don't hear anyone on the team or the organization talking about winning championships right now.

I must admit you make a really good point...

How does he make a good point? Kobe was smart enough to work out with Kuzma cause he had that mamba scoring mentality, others have compared BI to a KD type scorer or at the least a Paul George type, we have a lot of offensive weapons on this team, it is only about these guys reaching there potential which is supported by Kobe and KD and other guys who know about the game.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Don't really feel like this deserves its own thread.

I mostly disagree with everything in the OP.

Lakers can play with pace because that's probably the only thing they will really good at. They have a lot of players that can run and pass, so I think they'll live in transition.

The main cogs that will make this team flow are Rondo, Lonzo and Lebron. If the ball falls into someone else's hands and they hold it for more than a few seconds, that's when this offense is going to stall.

Phil Jackson isn't going to coach this or any other team. Dead horse beaten soundly. Health and age.

No one fully incorporates or will incorporate the triangle, but you'll see a lot of teams use some pieces of it.

Scottie Pippen is NOT a good comparison for Lebron James. Who they are as players are completely different. Pippen never had the physicality of Lebron. Lebron never had the defensive mindset of Pippen. This comparison seems totally off base to me.

Kuzma / Kukoc? Really really, you can stop with the Chicago Bulls wannabereferences.

It would be a mistake to try and mold this team into the championship era Chicago Bulls. You want successful Chicago Bulls, you need Michael Jordan. Kobe was the closest player since Michael to be like Michael and there are no Kobe's or Michaels on this team or in the NBA. Paul George, give me a break.

And also I think you're dead wrong about Ingram. Brandon Ingram will be a very good player. Magic also thinks so and that's why Ingram's still here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: My observations of this Lakers rosters

NotHype wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
fusuyballer wrote:
First observation:

Brandon Ingram - plays too slow. body doesn't have that balance one needs to excel. doesn't do anything well enough to fit cohesively with LeBron long term. Brandon strikes me as a in-between guy that will never be great at anything where its truly beneficial to a team.

I loved his play in the first pre-season game and feel this will be the season he elevates his game to the next level. He scored 16ppg last year and he should be able to easily exceed 20ppg playing with LeBron, Ball and Rondo.

Saying he is slow is funny.. Larry Bird was slow and he had an ok career, LeBron is slow and seems like a pretty good player..

Lol what?? LeBron for his size is the fastest player of all time... even as a 33 year old in his 16th season he’s usually faster than everyone on the court..

I’d take Randle in a foot race
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: My observations of this Lakers rosters

venturalakersfan wrote:
NotHype wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
fusuyballer wrote:
First observation:

That'd be a really fun one to watch.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: My observations of this Lakers rosters

Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
NotHype wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
fusuyballer wrote:
First observation:

That'd be a really fun one to watch.

It would be
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

I'd still lean towards LeBron, but I could see Randle edging him. Wouldn't stun me at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: