THANK YOUJAVALE MCGEE!!! (Traded to Cleveland)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1047188639359193088

Surprised no one is talking about this, if this is true.. it’s pretty damn big for our team.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I was pleasantly surprised to see that he isn’t on minutes restriction...
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1047188639359193088

Surprised no one is talking about this, if this is true.. it’s pretty damn big for our team.

I wonder if it’s because his asthmatic problems have improved or because Luke doesn’t give a flying (bleep) about it
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I’ve been telling peo0le all summer that the whole asthma thing was completely overblown. Kerr and the Warriors were trying to suppress his value by openly talking about it. Asthma is about as controllable a “disease” as it gets. Any professi9nal athlete worth his or her salt can fully play their game with asthma.

Just because Kerr and Karl made reference to his asthma and he “seemed” to be on minutes restrictions does not prove that he’s some sickly athlete who is incapable of playing 20-25 minutes a game. That notion has always been ridiculously silly to me.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
I’ve been telling peo0le all summer that the whole asthma thing was completely overblown. Kerr and the Warriors were trying to suppress his value by openly talking about it. Asthma is about as controllable a “disease” as it gets. Any professi9nal athlete worth his or her salt can fully play their game with asthma.

Just because Kerr and Karl made reference to his asthma and he “seemed” to be on minutes restrictions does not prove that he’s some sickly athlete who is incapable of playing 20-25 minutes a game. That notion has always been ridiculously silly to me.

Big man are likely to get tired then guards or forwards, so it is actually a pleasant surprise to hear that he can play minutes without restriction.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Javale reminds me of somebody on Sanford and Sons. He's got that old man face.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

McGee lost 20 lbs. and changed to a vegan diet.

Changing his diet and going vegan helped Djokovic's stamina in tennis. He also has asthma like McGee and he used to be panting after 1 or 2 sets of tennis but now he lasts 5 sets (4-5 hours) as well as anyone in tennis!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
McGee lost 20 lbs. and changed to a vegan diet.

Changing his diet and going vegan helped Djokovic's stamina in tennis. He also has asthma like McGee and he used to be panting after 1 or 2 sets of tennis but now he lasts 5 sets (4-5 hours) as well as anyone in tennis!!

I read from reddit that someone Improved his asthma when he moved from Arizona to L.A., maybe that’s why his minute workload increased.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Man, I'm loving what I'm seeing. He's a big ass target and playing with 3 playmakers on the floor is going to have him feasting.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Javale is exactly what we need at C this year...

we just need another one of him
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Best 2 way Laker 2 games in a row.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

This guy is gonna look great with this team.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Dude is going to have a career year.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

At this point I think the GSW downgraded from McGee to an injured Cousins.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:28 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Dude is going to have a career year.

I second that He looks great.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

You and me both. Fans was saying he couldn’t play more than 15 mins and I pointed out he played over 20 before. But I love the way they’re using him. He’s in the Clint Capela role
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

You and me both. Fans was saying he couldn’t play more than 15 mins and I pointed out he played over 20 before. But I love the way they’re using him. He’s in the Clint Capela role

Totally agree with this. Using him this way has unlocked his game. I'm not sure if I just never paid attention, but I didn't know he had this in him.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Totally agree with this. Using him this way has unlocked his game. I'm not
Psure if I just never paid attention, but I didn't know he had this in him.

Occasionally he would be used but the Lakers seem to have made him part of the offense. I think we’re really looking at what Houston and GSW do and were mixing it up. Because of how he’s being used and how Rondo and Lebron is being used but I think Rondo and Lebron move the ball more than Paul and Harden. They’re more iso
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

He averaged over 27 MPG with the wizards in his 3rd year and 4th years in the league. He averaged over 27 MPG his 2nd year in college as well. So that would be great if he can give us 25. Should definitely give him a career year if he does.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject:

Very active so far, doesn't look winded at all
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject:

I’m so glad he’s playing this well and Walton said no minute restriction. So many posters here insisted he couldn’t play more than 15 minutes...that was it. Well to all those posters...you were wrong!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
I’m so glad he’s playing this well and Walton said no minute restriction. So many posters here insisted he couldn’t play more than 15 minutes...that was it. Well to all those posters...you were wrong!

I think people (including me) were simply going off the fact that he only played 11 last year.

And it's 2 pre-season games in, let's not put the art before the horse--- in regards to anything
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

I didn't say he couldn't... I said he didn't. He's averaged 10 minutes per game for four straight years while playing really well... what conclusion would someone naturally come to other than it was his health?

At any rate, he looks great, although he definitely deteriorated with time as he plays at such a fast pace. When I say deteriorated, I don't mean he was bad but he wasn't elevating as much towards the end of his shift and looked a little gassed.

But if Moe can play and JaVale can play 20-25 minutes... we should be in decent shape.

I'm still irritated that we didn't sign Boogie, Dwight, or Brook though. Not instead of JaVale, but to take the rest of the minutes, at least until Moe proves he's NBA caliber.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

Lets not get carried away. McGee is playing about 20 mpg in two pre-season games and IMO has looked gassed at time outs. If I remember correctly the comments were his late foul in the first game was given to get off the court.

Part of the reasoning about his mpg was "recent " stats of not playing more then 11mpg in the last three years. Not breaking 20mpg since the 2011-12 season. Also believe that the Kerr comments discussing his limitations were complimentary. Stating McGee plays so hard at a frantic pace it limits him.

It will be interesting to see if he can sustain or even surpass the 20mpg during the season. The Lakers need him on the floor. All the other options seen so far at center (or small ball options) have been a disaster. Especially on the defensive end. Giving up too many easy looks and offensive rebounds.

I hope McGee can continue to have the impact. Even a consistent 20mpg would make me happy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

It isn’t like he has played less than 20 mpg the past 5-6 seasons or anything.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 14 of 44
Jump to: