OFFICIAL PISS & MOAN THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
&@&$$?@!! Server!

Overhaul of everything coming soon. Already started to process a couple days ago.

We LG users can always count on the brilliance that you guys serve as mods.. will be interesting to see if the servers can hold up once the season starts.. especially if we come out of the gates playing great.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
&@&$$?@!! Server!

Overhaul of everything coming soon. Already started to process a couple days ago.

First I thought, Oh man, something big has happened. Snuck over to another Laker forum and only hear crickets.

Then I thought, maybe they have had a denial of service attack!????

Hope not!! Hope things are OK on the battle front!?!?
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
So sick of the off-season speculation, pre-season rankings, random discussions about randomness.....MAKE IT ALL STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake me up when the season starts so we have some tangible ish to discuss/root for/complain about.

--Anonymous
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

Didn't want to fill the another thread with things I've said before.
El Seano wrote:
diando wrote:

Well excuse me for holding a consistent view. I don't just automatically recant just because somebody is a Laker, especially when I campaigned for a whole year for that certain someone to not to sign with the Lakers.
This someone who was mentioned earlier, has a reputation of trying to control narratives.I for one did not sit through the Robert Sacre years for someone to come in to try to piggyback on certain narratives, especially ones related to Laker-lore, as well as ones that will probably diminish the contributions of our young core.

Well, what did you sit through the Robert Sacre years for? What would you have preferred to FO do this season?

I ask this in the utmost sincerity because I don't think I've seen anybody on here or on Reddit as vehemently opposed to us signing LeBron as you are. If it isn't a personal agenda you have against the man then I'm curious as to what you think we should have done instead.

I've said this many times before, I wanted Paul George (and/or a healthy Boogie) and not an almost 34 year-old perennial finals loser. In my mind having a younger player that actually plays defense, can shoot and most of all, doesn't need to dominate the ball so young guys like Ball and Ingram could develop.
I would have preferred if we had struck out this year, to just roll with the young guns, including Randle, because I think they developed good defensive habits as a team. I literally would have gone with anyone else over LeBron.
Having LeBron slows the development to me because I feel he'd never get us past a team with Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry due to his age, inability to be elite off ball and lack of consistent defense at this stage of his career. I've said it many times over, running the LeBron system is a losing formula.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I know this is supposed to be the P&M thread, but I love Anthony Irwin.

Laker fans need a contrarian. I think there should be someone with a voice who questions any questionable decisions, when it looks like there's a flaw with the process even if the results might look good. I don't agree with everything he says.

Late to this due to banning and summer vacation, but good take. Agreed all around.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Didn't want to fill the another thread with things I've said before.
El Seano wrote:
diando wrote:

Well excuse me for holding a consistent view. I don't just automatically recant just because somebody is a Laker, especially when I campaigned for a whole year for that certain someone to not to sign with the Lakers.
This someone who was mentioned earlier, has a reputation of trying to control narratives.I for one did not sit through the Robert Sacre years for someone to come in to try to piggyback on certain narratives, especially ones related to Laker-lore, as well as ones that will probably diminish the contributions of our young core.

Well, what did you sit through the Robert Sacre years for? What would you have preferred to FO do this season?

I ask this in the utmost sincerity because I don't think I've seen anybody on here or on Reddit as vehemently opposed to us signing LeBron as you are. If it isn't a personal agenda you have against the man then I'm curious as to what you think we should have done instead.

I've said this many times before, I wanted Paul George (and/or a healthy Boogie) and not an almost 34 year-old perennial finals loser. In my mind having a younger player that actually plays defense, can shoot and most of all, doesn't need to dominate the ball so young guys like Ball and Ingram could develop.
I would have preferred if we had struck out this year, to just roll with the young guns, including Randle, because I think they developed good defensive habits as a team. I literally would have gone with anyone else over LeBron.
Having LeBron slows the development to me because I feel he'd never get us past a team with Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry due to his age, inability to be elite off ball and lack of consistent defense at this stage of his career. I've said it many times over, running the LeBron system is a losing formula.

Yeah lets get a guy who's team lost to a team led by a 20 year old in the first round instead of a 2 time MVP and 3 time NBA championship. Great strategy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
perennial finals loser

Meanwhile PG with WB couldn't beat the Jazz last year. Ok. Cya.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Tim Bontemps sucks
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Warriors fan Twitter is full of chuckleheads.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

No one here will be more depressed than diando tomorrow.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Something that really annoys me about the media & lakers

I'm watching the CLE / BOS game and the announcer is going on about how if LeBron gets "THIS" roster to the players then he should just get the MVP and I felt that same familiar feeling that I've felt numerous times since we've gotten LeBron.

It really is an unfair situation to our core. If they do well, which we all know they can and probably will do, it's all because of LeBron. Regardless of the hard work and actual talent that our guys like Zo, Kuz, Bi, Hart, etc have. If we underachieve then it's their fault that LeBron couldn't carry them.

It's such a stupid narrative and for those of you that can't understand why people dislike LeBron or people who weren't super thrilled he was coming, this is kind of a part of that. A lot of it isn't even LeBron himself, it's the media's treatment of him and his teams that makes people really just dislike him. I can already hear the headlines when BI looks like a superstar or Kuz looks better than Tatum or Zo shows his value it's going to be "LeBron elevates Laker players to unforseen greatness" and bs like that.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Yes but these guys are all really young. They will get their shot to prove themselves. LeBron is on his way out.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

100% agree. I think Brons media coverage has always been unfair and partly why I've historically seen and agreed with prior Bron hate (moreso the media coverage and the way the league changed its enforcement of rules than actually him or his skills). That being said, he does make the players around him better and I assume we'll see that here as well. Doesn't mean the young players don't deserve their credit, but he should get credit for it as well. Just comes with the territory with Bron. You get to reap the rewards of everything he brings but have to deal with biased and crappy media coverage as well.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

This is one of the reasons why Lebron, although he's an all-time great, is also one of the most overhyped athletes ever.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Tim Bontemps sucks

Good thing you didn’t listen to 710 this afternoon. They had the pessimist laker hater himself on. I’m sure it was to get reactions and callers.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

We have no shooters it’s painfully obvious

Rondo was 3-3 tonight from deep.. he won’t always shoot like thet
Hart was 2-8... horrible
Ingram has yet to make a 3 this preseason
Kuzma been broke
KCP been broke

Ughh!!

Hart & KCP have to be 40% 3pt shooters imo for us to be a competitive playoff team.
Kuzma has to be high 30s. I really hope he doesn’t take a step back this season but he hasn’t looked good in these 2 games.
Ingram needs to become a good 3pt shooter but I’m doubting that he will with that slow release...

The ball movement was wonderful tonight but it’s clear to me we don’t have enough SCORERS & SHOOTERS!!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Tim Bontemps sucks

Good thing you didn’t listen to 710 this afternoon. They had the pessimist laker hater himself on. I’m sure it was to get reactions and callers.

He should be banned from Southern California altogether.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Lance is still a terrible signing
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Too many whiners starting with Stu and Billy Mac including the rest of the media ending with the fans
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I hate Lance Stephenson. Ballstopper supreme, crappy ISO, stupid dribble moves (can't actually get by a chair), long contested 2. FOH.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

which is the actual thread in this forum that will be used for Lakers news, where can i see the cuts being posted, since this is the piss and moan thread, it would be cool if this would be a little more organized...
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
which is the actual thread in this forum that will be used for Lakers news, where can i see the cuts being posted, since this is the piss and moan thread, it would be cool if this would be a little more organized...

a couple stickied news/transaction threads would be nice...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Warriors fan Twitter is full of chuckleheads.

Andy Liu can go sit on a cactus sideways.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

First time posting on the piss and moan thread. As you can tell by my user name I was a huge Randle fan. I really thought and still do think this guy is a star in the making. I know the Lakers offered him a 2 year deal with a team option but he wanted to have the option so there he went. Lakers wanted to keep the space for this upcoming FA..i.e. Kawhi, KD, Klay etc.

I just hope they end up signing one of these guys or else this is going to be one of the worst decisions this FO will have made. I know there are rumors of a potential AD trade in the future but that would have had nothing to do with a Randle signing. Again, if we don't get one of the top FA's after this year then yes this was a terrible move not resigning Julius.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I honestly worry a lot that the Lakers' young core just isn't that good and the Lakers will completely strike out next off-season. None of the Lakers' young players have really proven all that much. The rumors surrounding the Lakers' chances next off-season have been negative so far, and FA is just very risky in general.

A lot of people like to point out Ingram's box score stats, but advanced stats have him as a non-impactful player and I can kind of see that. He seems to have a good game every now and then and then is invisible for the next few. The team doesn't play demonstrably better when he's on the floor. I don't see any elite skills that will get him to star-level.

Ball obviously has issues as a scorer. I think he only has to become an adequate scorer to be an all-star level player, but he looked so bad as a scorer that it's very questionable if he can even be that. He needs to improve at the rim, at mid-range, at the 3 point line, and at the foul line.

I don't really see much star potential in Kuzma or Hart at all.

It's nice that they're still young, but you can't count on players taking big leaps. You have to see enough from the players to the point where you think they can be stars with the right improvements. Players like Tatum, Simmons, and Mitchell aren't stars yet, but they've shown enough.

The Lakers' young guys (probably Ball and Ingram) need to get to that point first.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 5 of 29
Jump to: