Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Woj: Trade to Cavs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit

It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing

The defense and rebounding just isn't there from Rondo like it will be from a healthy Zo.

Do you trust him in crunch time over Rondo?

Unless one shows that they can hit FTs, I wouldn’t trust either.

Rondo has credibility in crunch time, he’s known to make big plays and make big shots, Lonzo will eventually get there, if we need to get a lot of wins I’m not sure if Zo can come through right now but I would love to be wrong.

That's silly. Go check out last year's OT game against the Wizards in Staples or against the Spurs in San Antonio. He should've gotten the Lakers the win against Portland in Staples, but the stupid refs didn't call a blatant foul by Zach Collins on. Lonzo three attempt. Hell, we saw him create what became Ingram's game winning shot against the Sixers in Philly. Do you not remember those plays?

He's failed in crunch time, as well, but every player does occasionally even Kobe and Lebron. But he also had enough impressive crunch time showings as a 20-year-old rookie PG that I think he deserves more than a few chances to step up in crunch time of close games during the regular season. Don't you?

Yeah I remember, but we know Rondo has done it in winning situations but it’s good to have 2 PGs who can potentially come through for the team.

But the goal is to see if Lonzo can do it with Lebron, otherwise the Lakers have to move on. Because if Lonzo does it, that's great, since he's 21 and could be a Laker for at least the next decade. Rondo's on the decline and might not be in the NBA in three years.

Both of them can play great together with LeBron in the 4th, that’s why we should be excited, teams have to pick and choose on how to deal with our dynamic PGs.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I would put Rondo with the first unit and Lonzo with the second not because I don't think Zo is starter quality, but because I think he'd have more patience with the bonehead moves that KCP, Lance, and Kuzma might make.

But I'd like to see them play together a lot as well... especially if Lonzo has his shot back.

I hear what you're saying, but I think Rondo has the ability to steer the 2nd unit away from its iso tendencies in a way that Zo can't at this point in his career.

Agree 100%

If Rondo buys into the "captain of the second unit" concept... and the coaches make him the de facto leader, maybe this will work. I just don't want to see him become frustrated as he has with other teams.

I realize we shouldn't have to cater to Rondo's mood swings, but he looks really good out there, and I just want to make sure it continues.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

Worthy was really right. Rondo is an elite player. His three point shooting has improved. He’s a dog on defense. You can see why Rob and Magic were so eager to sign him last season. I am excited to see how he can unlock Lebron, McGee, and the young core.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I would put Rondo with the first unit and Lonzo with the second not because I don't think Zo is starter quality, but because I think he'd have more patience with the bonehead moves that KCP, Lance, and Kuzma might make.

But I'd like to see them play together a lot as well... especially if Lonzo has his shot back.

I hear what you're saying, but I think Rondo has the ability to steer the 2nd unit away from its iso tendencies in a way that Zo can't at this point in his career.

Agree 100%

If Rondo buys into the "captain of the second unit" concept... and the coaches make him the de facto leader, maybe this will work. I just don't want to see him become frustrated as he has with other teams.

I realize we shouldn't have to cater to Rondo's mood swings, but he looks really good out there, and I just want to make sure it continues.

Glad to hear. Your boy IT was on the Denver bench...hopefully he can get back on the court this year.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Agree 100%

Glad to hear. Your boy IT was on the Denver bench...hopefully he can get back on the court this year.

I'm very afraid of Denver if IT is 80% of his former self and MPJ is able to play. I'm happy for him... but I wish he ended up in Orlando.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Worthy was really right. Rondo is an elite player. His three point shooting has improved. He’s a dog on defense. You can see why Rob and Magic were so eager to sign him last season. I am excited to see how he can unlock Lebron, McGee, and the young core.

Rob and Magic want talent, while fans see a player that played for a rival and automatically don’t want him, Rondo should have been a Laker a long time ago, he would have been awesome with Kobe.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Agree 100%

I'm very afraid of Denver if IT is 80% of his former self and MPJ is able to play. I'm happy for him... but I wish he ended up in Orlando.

I don't think he'll reach 80% of his old game ever again. And MPJ will be lucky to be on the court this season, and they have no reason to rush him back.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Agree 100%

I don't think he'll reach 80% of his old game ever again. And MPJ will be lucky to be on the court this season, and they have no reason to rush him back.

The first unit looked unbeatable at times last night, so I'm not too worried.

However, if IT is at a 20 PPG level with some of his former explosiveness, he will be a problem as even Rondo seems a step slower on defense.

Considering Rondo is the only one near his size, this might be a matchup issue. Obviously our length will be huge problem for IT as well... but I certainly wouldn't sleep on him.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

I agree with whoever said that Rondo is perfect for the second unit. He's the only one outside of Lebron who can somewhat reign in the worst tendencies of guys like Lance and Beasley. Zo would probably just defer. I'm already seeing the same from BI and Kuz. I don't think I'll survive for long this season if I have to watch Lance hop and skip down the court for 20+ minutes a game...
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Agree 100%

However, if IT is at a 20 PPG level with some of his former explosiveness, he will be a problem as even Rondo seems a step slower on defense.

Considering Rondo is the only one near his size, this might be a matchup issue. Obviously our length will be huge problem for IT as well... but I certainly wouldn't sleep on him.

IT has to guard our guys too. He’s not a net positive player anymore.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Considering Rondo is the only one near his size, this might be a matchup issue. Obviously our length will be huge problem for IT as well... but I certainly wouldn't sleep on him

You keep talking about how he may return to his old level. I think that ship has sailed. That hip injury is no joke and he swore he would be ready to play now and he's still indefinitely out.

IT is also getting older and as his athleticism declines, he will be a bench guy who hopefully gets hot on some nights. Not much of a loss there IMO and I take Rondo all day over him.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Considering Rondo is the only one near his size, this might be a matchup issue. Obviously our length will be huge problem for IT as well... but I certainly wouldn't sleep on him

You keep talking about how he may return to his old level. I think that ship has sailed. That hip injury is no joke and he swore he would be ready to play now and he's still indefinitely out.

IT is also getting older and as his athleticism declines, he will be a bench guy who hopefully gets hot on some nights. Not much of a loss there IMO and I take Rondo all day over him.

Oh I'd take Rondo over IT as well. I was one of Rondo's biggest advocates last summer. I'd use Rondo and IT at point and play Lonzo with Rondo.
IT/Hart/Svi/Kuzma/Moe would have been a nice second unit.

Rondo/Zo/LBJ/Ingram/McGee would be the starting unit.

We shall see what happens this season, you may be right... but I might also be right and for 2 million it wouldn't have been bad to take a look.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

Sadly I think IT's best days are behind him. The sooner he can accept that and get accustomed to his new role the better. His "I was top 5 MVP candidate" act can grow old and corrosive in the locker room. Murray will get the lion's share of minutes at PG so he should be prepared to play 12-15mpg.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Rondo's defense was bad. He takes bad gambles and doubles unnecessarily, which people see as activity and being a dog.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

He is quite far from being an elite player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Rondo's defense was bad. He takes bad gambles and doubles unnecessarily, which people see as activity and being a dog.

Let’s not discourage how good Rondo has looked so far, he’s been a net positive.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Practice wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Let’s not discourage how good Rondo has looked so far, he’s been a net positive.

I praised his offense yesterday and after the first game. He's giving up buckets though and him being a poor defender isn't news.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Practice wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I praised his offense yesterday and after the first game. He's giving up buckets though and him being a poor defender isn't news.

LeBron was also a poor defender according to Laker fans but has played good D against Milsap.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
pokoy wrote:
epak wrote:
Best play of the game: opponent missed a free throw and Rondo goes over for a dap

What?? I missed this, need to find it. What quarter was this in?

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1046750216412491776

Thank you.. Happy to see it..
I knew he would bring an attitude that is needed
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
epak wrote:
pokoy wrote:
epak wrote:
Best play of the game: opponent missed a free throw and Rondo goes over for a dap

What?? I missed this, need to find it. What quarter was this in?

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1046750216412491776

Thank you.. Happy to see it..
I knew he would bring an attitude that is needed

We got multiple guys who will bring the attitude and winning mentality.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Rondo has been killer for us on offense. The minute he steps out, everything quickly breaks down.

I'm very impressed with Rondo its going to interesting to see who closes out games right now I would give the edge to Rondo.

I’d still go with Ball in the regular season (to save Rondo’s legs). Come playoffs, all bets are off we welcome in Playoff Rondo to end games.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Rondo has been killer for us on offense. The minute he steps out, everything quickly breaks down.

I'm very impressed with Rondo its going to interesting to see who closes out games right now I would give the edge to Rondo.

I’d still go with Ball in the regular season (to save Rondo’s legs). Come playoffs, all bets are off we welcome in Playoff Rondo to end games.

Luke is fortunate to have both Rondo and Zo. I'm sure he'll figure it all out as the season progresses.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

Rondo's shot looking good.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject:

Rondo is amazing seeing him fully engaged on the bench yelling at players He's got future head coach written all over him.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Agree 100%

I think the problem rises when Rondo doesn't get the playing time he deserves. The guy is really good. And it has to be frustrating when you can see 2 to 3 plays in advance and watch from the bench your time make mistakes.

I don't think Rondo will have that problem here. When he is not out there it will be Lonzo or Lebron running things. I think Rondo will be cool with that. I think he is just a true competitor, he wants to be out there. But I think winning trumps all for him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 44 of 168
Jump to: