Sexual Harassment Accusations (Weinstein sentenced to 23 years; Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus) BILL COSBY RELEASED pg44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Las Vegas police reopen case after Cristiano Ronaldo sued for sexual assault

Quote:
Police in Las Vegas have reopened a criminal investigation at the request of a woman who has alleged in a civil suit that global football star Cristiano Ronaldo sexually assaulted her in 2009.

Last week, attorney Leslie Mark Stovall filed a complaint in Clark County District Court alleging that Ronaldo assaulted his client, Kathryn Mayorga, in a Las Vegas hotel room on June 13, 2009.

LINK

This is the kind of case that breeds cynicism. She says that she took $375k because she was coerced into it. Right. Now she’s not coerced any more, and she wants more money. Sure. Her lawyers put on a show for the media. Of course. The media duly reports the narrative presented by the lawyers. As usual. Show me the money.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Las Vegas police reopen case after Cristiano Ronaldo sued for sexual assault

Quote:
Police in Las Vegas have reopened a criminal investigation at the request of a woman who has alleged in a civil suit that global football star Cristiano Ronaldo sexually assaulted her in 2009.

Last week, attorney Leslie Mark Stovall filed a complaint in Clark County District Court alleging that Ronaldo assaulted his client, Kathryn Mayorga, in a Las Vegas hotel room on June 13, 2009.

LINK

This is the kind of case that breeds cynicism. She says that she took $375k because she was coerced into it. Right. Now she’s not coerced any more, and she wants more money. Sure. Her lawyers put on a show for the media. Of course. The media duly reports the narrative presented by the lawyers. As usual. Show me the money.

Cynicism doesn't matter. What matters is what actually happened. What's the truth.

She can be a gold digger, who got sexually assaulted. Agreed to accept money for a NDA. Now is asking for more. That can all be true.

And you can also be cynical about it and not believe her story. But, if it's all true, not believing the story doesn't make it false.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I think this belongs in this thread because of Les Moonves. Julie Chen hasn't been on the show since the allegation against Moonves were made. I thought she'd be back. They've had many fillins including Aisha Tyler. Aisha left to be on Criminal Minds full time.

Julie Chen Officially Exits ‘The Talk’

LINK

She's still on Big Brother

Julie Chen Moonves not leaving Big Brother despite The Talk departure, source says

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Cosby prison segment:

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Cynicism doesn't matter. What matters is what actually happened. What's the truth.

She can be a gold digger, who got sexually assaulted. Agreed to accept money for a NDA. Now is asking for more. That can all be true.

And you can also be cynical about it and not believe her story. But, if it's all true, not believing the story doesn't make it false.

Cynicism matters enormously. Part of the issue in these cases is the perception that these sorts of accusations are all about money. She settled her claim in 2009 at a mediation. So now she hires a lawyer to sue Ronaldo and asks the police to reopen the investigation. If she just asked the police to reopen the investigation, that would be one thing. I can accept the idea that a confidentiality agreement should not prevent her from pursuing criminal charges if she feels regret about letting Ronaldo get away with it. A rapist should not be able to buy his way out. But she wants to get paid, and it is her lawyers who are spinning away in the media.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I think this belongs in this thread because of Les Moonves. Julie Chen hasn't been on the show since the allegation against Moonves were made. I thought she'd be back. They've had many fillins including Aisha Tyler. Aisha left to be on Criminal Minds full time.

Julie Chen Officially Exits ‘The Talk’

LINK

She's still on Big Brother

Julie Chen Moonves not leaving Big Brother despite The Talk departure, source says

LINK

I do not watch The Talk or know much about it....but I think if she left BB, it could have a negative impact on the show. I know her role/airtime is limited on one hand, but on the other hand she is the only constant. Her approach to her role has kind of been perfect over the years.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject:

Former UNC Charlotte quarterback Kevin Olsen found not guilty on rape charges

Quote:
Late Wednesday afternoon, 19 months after he was arrested and charged with the rape of his girlfriend, Kevin Olsen became a free man.

The former UNC Charlotte quarterback, 23, was found not guilty on three counts of second-degree rape and one count of second-degree sex offense. Each charge carried a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

LINK

This story got national attention a year or so ago when he was arrested because he is the younger brother of Panthers Tight End Greg Olsen. I do not know exactly what took place, but the guy was arrested based on simple accusations and a couple random texts. He lost his scholarship, was kicked off the team, out of school, restricted through electronic monitoring for almost two years.....only to be found not guilty of all charges.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
Late Wednesday afternoon, 19 months after he was arrested and charged with the rape of his girlfriend, Kevin Olsen became a free man.

The former UNC Charlotte quarterback, 23, was found not guilty on three counts of second-degree rape and one count of second-degree sex offense. Each charge carried a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

LINK

This story got national attention a year or so ago when he was arrested because he is the younger brother of Panthers Tight End Greg Olsen. I do not know exactly what took place, but the guy was arrested based on simple accusations and a couple random texts. He lost his scholarship, was kicked off the team, out of school, restricted through electronic monitoring for almost two years.....only to be found not guilty of all charges.

An example of my angst come to fruition, collateral damage. I don't know if he did or did not commit the abuse. The courts say he's not guilty. I do believe it will be a blemish for the rest of his life. His abuse of drugs and alcohol won't help his case.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

An example of my angst come to fruition, collateral damage. I don't know if he did or did not commit the abuse. The courts say he's not guilty. I do believe it will be a blemish for the rest of his life. His abuse of drugs and alcohol won't help his case.

Yeah, it appears he has not been a choir boy. "If" he is innocent, he has already lost a decent amount. I am not sure if he can get that arrest sealed....I think in FL a person can get 1 felony arrest sealed if not convicted.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

Yeah, it appears he has not been a choir boy. "If" he is innocent, he has already lost a decent amount. I am not sure if he can get that arrest sealed....I think in FL a person can get 1 felony arrest sealed if not convicted.

What good would sealing it do? It's a matter of media reports, public record. His name is famous because of Merlin. IMO sealed records are for show. If you have a sealed record suspicion abounds.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Cosby's Prison Lifestyle

Pretty interesting that all these Ex-Cons are finding success on YouTube. This is yet another guy who spent most of his adult life behind bars and is now earning more than $20K / month making videos. Considering it's the most incarceration-happy country on the planet, it completely makes since for folks to be tapping into the Ex-Con demographic sense there are so many of them.

(Note to self : Start new youtube channel "Don't_Drop_The_Soap")
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Cynicism matters enormously. Part of the issue in these cases is the perception that these sorts of accusations are all about money. She settled her claim in 2009 at a mediation. So now she hires a lawyer to sue Ronaldo and asks the police to reopen the investigation. If she just asked the police to reopen the investigation, that would be one thing. I can accept the idea that a confidentiality agreement should not prevent her from pursuing criminal charges if she feels regret about letting Ronaldo get away with it. A rapist should not be able to buy his way out. But she wants to get paid, and it is her lawyers who are spinning away in the media.

Yeah, but truth is not uncovered by cynicism.

It's your right to be cynical. But your opinion doesn't matter. Neither does mine.

But if you want to know the truth of what actually happened, cynicism plays no part in it.

There's only a few people who actually know what happened. There are those that are involved, and maybe some eye witnesses. There's the forensic science and god if you believe in a higher being. And none of that relies on cynicism.

The only ones that rely on cynicism are the ones who actually don't know what happened.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

From a friend:

Public service announcement of the day:
Always lock in your name’s URL before seeking public office:

https://www.brettkavanaugh.com
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
From a friend:

Public service announcement of the day:
Always lock in your name’s URL before seeking public office:

https://www.brettkavanaugh.com

LIAR LIAR

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A maximum security prison? I think not. I don't think he'll be sharing a cell block with gangsters and drug lords.

Anyway, I don't know anything about Pennsylvania criminal law, but I'd expect him to come up for parole in a couple years if he lives that long.

He was sentenced to serve in a state prison. Aren't state prisons in Pennsylvania maximum security? I don't think he'll be housed in the general population. I was wrong. I thought his age would allow a lighter sentence.

There are all levels of state prisons from minimum to maximum security, based on danger and escape risk.

I thought I heard the reporter on CBS2 say maximum security when the sentence was announced.

wherever he serves his sentence, he can not be in general population. he will be a nightmare for the facility....any inmates that are able to have contact with him, and some guards will began extorting him immediately....and that is the best case scenario

Have you ever been in jail? Or are you just imagining what you think it might be like for him?

When I was in prison we used to love guys like you, eat ya for lunch.

Where I grew up -Torrence, Long Beach and San Pedro we used to chin check chumps like you as sport- punks that liked to talk about things and places you've never seen/done.

So do tell us Akindo, what is it like, first hand, being in jail....

Looks like adkindo was right:

Quote:
Bill Cosby spent his first full day Wednesday at his new home for at least the next three years: a maximum-security state prison in Pennsylvania known as SCI Phoenix where he is being kept isolated out of concern for his safety.

Most of the inmates in the 3,830-bed prison are doubled up in cells, but Mr. Cosby, now Inmate NN7687, was given his own, with no timeline yet of when he will join the general population.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A maximum security prison? I think not. I don't think he'll be sharing a cell block with gangsters and drug lords.

Anyway, I don't know anything about Pennsylvania criminal law, but I'd expect him to come up for parole in a couple years if he lives that long.

He was sentenced to serve in a state prison. Aren't state prisons in Pennsylvania maximum security? I don't think he'll be housed in the general population. I was wrong. I thought his age would allow a lighter sentence.

There are all levels of state prisons from minimum to maximum security, based on danger and escape risk.

I thought I heard the reporter on CBS2 say maximum security when the sentence was announced.

wherever he serves his sentence, he can not be in general population. he will be a nightmare for the facility....any inmates that are able to have contact with him, and some guards will began extorting him immediately....and that is the best case scenario

Have you ever been in jail? Or are you just imagining what you think it might be like for him?

When I was in prison we used to love guys like you, eat ya for lunch.

Where I grew up -Torrence, Long Beach and San Pedro we used to chin check chumps like you as sport- punks that liked to talk about things and places you've never seen/done.

So do tell us Akindo, what is it like, first hand, being in jail....

Looks like adkindo was right:

Quote:
Bill Cosby spent his first full day Wednesday at his new home for at least the next three years: a maximum-security state prison in Pennsylvania known as SCI Phoenix where he is being kept isolated out of concern for his safety.

Most of the inmates in the 3,830-bed prison are doubled up in cells, but Mr. Cosby, now Inmate NN7687, was given his own, with no timeline yet of when he will join the general population.

So I heard right, he was sentenced to a maximum security prison.
Omar Little wrote:

Quote:

Do you know what level SCI Phoenix is?

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Bill Cosby, sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison, arrived Tuesday night to Pennsylvania’s State Correctional Institute at Phoenix. The prison in Collegeville is about 30 miles northwest of Philadelphia and not far from the Montgomery County courthouse where the comedian was convicted of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand.

SCI Phoenix is brand new, state of the art — and maximum security.

He was also given a few basics when he arrived, including a uniform, toiletries, linens, towels and state-issued boots, the Department of Corrections said.

Cosby is being housed in a single cell in a unit adjacent to the infirmary, a press release from the prison said. Inmates at SCI Phoenix participate in a 6 a.m. “standing count” roll call, when they must stand and be counted, Durand said.

Cosby will be allowed phone calls and visitation in accordance with policy, as well as opportunity to exercise during the classification process.

“We are taking all of the necessary precautions to ensure Mr. Cosby’s safety and general welfare in our institution,” said Corrections Secretary John Wetzel. “The long-term goal is for him to be placed in the general population to receive the programming required during his incarceration.”

Cosby’s first prison meal at SCI Phoenix was baked meatballs and rice, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, Durand said. Lunch on Thursday includes a half-cup of Jell-O, the dessert Cosby once hawked in TV ads; Saturday’s menu has chocolate pudding.

At his sentencing on Monday, Cosby’s defense attorneys worried that Cosby’s age, vision impairment and declining health could make him a target.

“Incarceration would impose excessive hardship on him given his disability and his age,” attorney Joseph P. Green said. “How does he fight off people who are trying to extort him for a walk to the mess hall?”

Worden said Cosby’s situation wouldn’t be different from other inmates. As part of the overall evaluation, evaluators will decide if Cosby should be in the general population or in protective custody.

When the prison opened in June, Secretary of Corrections John Wetzel described it as a “21st century institution with advanced security features, environmentally efficient infrastructure and modern work and housing spaces.”

Prisoners can exercise at the gym, attend classes in more than 30 rooms, visit the barbershop and attend chapel services. They also can take vocational education classes in subjects including barbering, custodial maintenance or carpentry.

Cosby’s sentence included lifetime mandatory sex offender counseling. In SCI Phoenix, he will find programs on that topic, as well as on recovery from alcoholism and drug addition, violence prevention, and more.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

3 years is a long time when you're 81. Average lifespan for American males 2018 is 80 years. Bill may have seen his last days as a free man.

LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Bill Cosby, sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison, arrived Tuesday night to Pennsylvania’s State Correctional Institute at Phoenix. The prison in Collegeville is about 30 miles northwest of Philadelphia and not far from the Montgomery County courthouse where the comedian was convicted of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand.

SCI Phoenix is brand new, state of the art — and maximum security.

He was also given a few basics when he arrived, including a uniform, toiletries, linens, towels and state-issued boots, the Department of Corrections said.

Cosby is being housed in a single cell in a unit adjacent to the infirmary, a press release from the prison said. Inmates at SCI Phoenix participate in a 6 a.m. “standing count” roll call, when they must stand and be counted, Durand said.

Cosby will be allowed phone calls and visitation in accordance with policy, as well as opportunity to exercise during the classification process.

“We are taking all of the necessary precautions to ensure Mr. Cosby’s safety and general welfare in our institution,” said Corrections Secretary John Wetzel. “The long-term goal is for him to be placed in the general population to receive the programming required during his incarceration.”

Cosby’s first prison meal at SCI Phoenix was baked meatballs and rice, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, Durand said. Lunch on Thursday includes a half-cup of Jell-O, the dessert Cosby once hawked in TV ads; Saturday’s menu has chocolate pudding.

At his sentencing on Monday, Cosby’s defense attorneys worried that Cosby’s age, vision impairment and declining health could make him a target.

“Incarceration would impose excessive hardship on him given his disability and his age,” attorney Joseph P. Green said. “How does he fight off people who are trying to extort him for a walk to the mess hall?”

Worden said Cosby’s situation wouldn’t be different from other inmates. As part of the overall evaluation, evaluators will decide if Cosby should be in the general population or in protective custody.

When the prison opened in June, Secretary of Corrections John Wetzel described it as a “21st century institution with advanced security features, environmentally efficient infrastructure and modern work and housing spaces.”

Prisoners can exercise at the gym, attend classes in more than 30 rooms, visit the barbershop and attend chapel services. They also can take vocational education classes in subjects including barbering, custodial maintenance or carpentry.

Cosby’s sentence included lifetime mandatory sex offender counseling. In SCI Phoenix, he will find programs on that topic, as well as on recovery from alcoholism and drug addition, violence prevention, and more.

Why max security? Sounds like a waste of taxpayer $$. Isn't there an austere medium security prison that would accomplish the same goals with less overhead? He isn't a flight risk or threat to anyone at this juncture.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:

Quote:
Why max security? Sounds like a waste of taxpayer $$. Isn't there an austere medium security prison that would accomplish the same goals with less overhead? He isn't a flight risk or threat to anyone at this juncture.

I'm of the older generation so I speak to this from that platform.

What Cosby did is unforgivable. He deserves the punishment he been given. He most likely won't see freedom in his lifetime. He's been removed from all things he's use to. In essence his life is over.

I hold no ill feelings for Bill's plight. He got his comeuppance. I don't want to see him live his last days in a place that would heap more on him than has already been levied.

Does he deserve more? That's a personal, individual opinion. IMO he's going to suffer enough.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:

The prison isn't just Max Security. It has a special section for Parole Violators and other low risk individuals, a section for females, and a section for special needs prisoners like Cosby and a few other geriatrics. They built the prison so they could close down other facilities and house prisoners in a more cost effective, common complex - among other things, to ease the cost and burdens of transporting prisoners back and forth to court in Philadelphia.

Cosby already has a personal attendant that receives a salary to walk him around to where he needs to get to. He's never going to see "General Population" like seen in the movies. He'll be isolated from that with all the other old geezers, in the special needs unit.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

#MeToo taking aim at Kobe.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kobe-bryant-removed-film-festival-jury-2003-rape-allegations-000612450.html
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that it took this long for Kobe to get dragged back into it.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Honestly, I'm a little surprised that it took this long for Kobe to get dragged back into it.
it didnt take long at all. he was dragged into it the first time when he won that oscar.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

^^^^ I don't believe Kobe was guilty of rape. I think Katelyn Faber was after money, which she got. DNA evidence revealed she had sex with another man right after Kobe allegedly assaulted her. That DNA evidence forced prosecutors to drop Kobe Bryant rape case. I find it difficult to believe a woman would have sex with another man immediately after being assaulted. I believe Kobe had sex with Faber. I don't believe he raped her. IMO cases such as this makes it bad for real victims.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 40 of 44
Jump to: