MICHAEL BEASLEY (1-year $3.5M) chose Lakers over OKC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
This dude is dumb as hell. One of the lowest IQs on and off the court. I have a feeling 4/5 games of his will be super frustrating and then 1/5 games he will go off for 20+ points looking like a true #2 pick

Basically, his entire career to date. No doubt.

Why the hell did we sign this guy, he's been a non committed pot head all of his nba career. So last year he had a good year, big deal he was on a crap team that had no direction. I don't understand that signing he needs to ride the pine like he's always done.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
This dude is dumb as hell. One of the lowest IQs on and off the court. I have a feeling 4/5 games of his will be super frustrating and then 1/5 games he will go off for 20+ points looking like a true #2 pick

Why the hell did we sign this guy, he's been a non committed pot head all of his nba career. So last year he had a good year, big deal he was on a crap team that had no direction. I don't understand that signing he needs to ride the pine like he's always done.

Very cool to see a Lakers disrespecting a guy who has matured and developed into a decent player.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Very cool to see a Lakers Dan disrespecting a guy who has matured and developed into a decent player.

Agreed. Beasley is going to win some games for us. Watch. As for “Lakers Dan,” why do u post here? Beasley dropped 50 on the Clips as he rode the pine. Educate yourself.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Very cool to see a Lakers Dan disrespecting a guy who has matured and developed into a decent player.

Agreed. Beasley is going to win some games for us. Watch. As for “Lakers Dan,” why do u post here? Beasley dropped 50 on the Clips as he rode the pine. Educate yourself.

Dan part was a typo, my bad lol.. and yeah Beasley will be big for us once he settles down.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be against trading him for Larry Nance. Think the Cavs would be down?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be against trading him for Larry Nance. Think the Cavs would be down?

I thought Cavs wanted to sign him to a extension.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

There have been a lot of reports that they are negotiating an extension right now. The prediction is he'll get three years at $10-15 million per year.

He's a local guy who they see as important piece in the future, so he's not going anywhere.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

There have been a lot of reports that they are negotiating an extension right now. The prediction is he'll get three years at $10-15 million per year.

He's a local guy who they see as important piece in the future, so he's not going anywhere.

Good for Nance if he gets that! I miss him, thought he was a great quality role player and 6th or 7th man type, but 15M a year is a LOT.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Beezy will be okay in the long run. He's quirky but his experience and ability will prove to be helpful at some point this season.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

Beas may be out for a while
rib bruises can hurt for 4-6 weeks
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

Beasley seems like he has a lot of talent.
Wasn't he a number 2 draft choice?
Does anyone know what team drafted him?

But like mentioned somewhere that his BB IQ is not that
high.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

No way NNce is worth more than 5-6 million a year.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Good for Nance if he gets that! I miss him, thought he was a great quality role player and 6th or 7th man type, but 15M a year is a LOT.

Lol good for him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

Chris Haynes via twitter:
Lakers forward Michael Beasley (right rib) had an X-ray last night and it came back negative, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. He’s not expected to miss any time.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Beasley is being tentative while Lance is being aggressive right now... they’ll settle into their roles once the team got comfortable. These guys are our back up or even back up’s back up, good enough
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

Beasley faking injuries now..lol ...j/k

no one even saw how he got a laceration or his rib bruise
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Good to hear that it’s not serious, he’s gonna be Important to our bench success.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

He is the only vet who appears to be out of sync with this team these past 3 games.

He is very good at iso but with the emphasis on passing he will need to adjust his game more than the others, even Lance.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

Out of all of our signings this off-season post LeBron, the Beasley one looks to be the one that looks like it will not work out. Doesn't appear to have a role, and looks out of synch. The rotation of Bron, Ingram, Kuz also means he will not get opportunities to make a real impact.

He could be a trade option come midseason.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Out of all of our signings this off-season post LeBron, the Beasley one looks to be the one that looks like it will not work out. Doesn't appear to have a role, and looks out of synch. The rotation of Bron, Ingram, Kuz also means he will not get opportunities to make a real impact.

He’s a shooter who isn’t making shots, so undoubtedly he looks bad, but it won’t last.

As far as minutes go. He knows that Magic and Walton have him penciled in as the fourth big, and he’ll play that role unless he either beats out Kuzma for minutes (possible) or Wagner/Zubac beat him out for minutes (possible as well).

Give Beasley time though. Once he starts hitting shots (obviously) people around here will be singing a far different tune.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:

He’s a shooter who isn’t making shots, so undoubtedly he looks bad, but it won’t last.

As far as minutes go. He knows that Magic and Walton have him penciled in as the fourth big, and he’ll play that role unless he either beats out Kuzma for minutes (possible) or Wagner/Zubac beat him out for minutes (possible as well).

Give Beasley time though. Once he starts hitting shots (obviously) people around here will be singing a far different tune.

I don't have a problem with signing Beasley... we paid little for him and I agree that he will score and we've seen him already have some nice blocks.

I do have a problem not signing another veteran center when we could have had Dwight, Boogie, or Brook.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

Not signing another veteran Center was Magic’s way of doubling down on small-ball. He knew that if another veteran was signed that Walton would not try Kuzma and James together at 4 and 5 and that Kuzma would be reduced to almost never playing fourth quarter minutes.

I get it. Magic didn’t want Walton to have a “safe place” of traditionalism in which to “hide” or “go to” in order to seek comfort.

He consciously wanted to force Walton’s hand, not to sabotage him, but to push the limits of Walton’s vision.

Magic wouldn’t tell Walton who to play, but he would construct an roster in a way that damn near forces Walton to play who Magic wants him to play.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Not signing another veteran Center was Magic’s way of doubling down on small-ball. He knew that if another veteran was signed that Walton would not try Kuzma and James together at 4 and 5 and that Kuzma would be reduced to almost never playing fourth quarter minutes.

I get it. Magic didn’t want Walton to have a “safe place” of traditionalism in which to “hide” or “go to” in order to seek comfort.

He consciously wanted to force Walton’s hand, not to sabotage him, but to push the limits of Walton’s vision.

Magic wouldn’t tell Walton who to play, but he would construct an roster in a way that damn near forces Walton to play who Magic wants him to play.

I'm watching with an open mind but when you see the roster make Plumlee and Boban look like the second coming of Wilt... I'm beginning to worry.

There is a reason you wouldn't try a lineup of IT/Steph Curry/Kyrie Irving/Kemba Walker/Rajon Rondo against a lineup of 6 foot 8 dudes... even if they are more skilled, there is a point where you still need some length. Same applies for a group of 6 foot 8 dudes against 7 footers.

We should have signed Dwight for those occasions.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

Overthinking
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

A front office should give a coach multiple options to fulfill their vision and adjust throughout the year. If you are right and the plan was to give him less options, that was a very very bad decision.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 33 of 45
Jump to: