*Pre-Season Game #3: Los Angeles Lakers vs Sacramento Kings (10/04/18)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah, it wouldn’t have been a good luck if we went winless.

Nothing like the ol' Mike Brown years.

I don’t think it would have mattered during that time if Nash didn’t get hurt but it might been better if we got some wins which might have made a little difference in our RS record.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Fun game to watch, BI has taken an obvious step forward. I don’t think he’s a #2 on championship team, but possibly a #3.

KCP looks out of shape to me and is having a terrible preseason, he’s in the process of losing his starting job to Hart.

Except for Beasley, I’m digging the toughness of the “Mud” squad. Beasley bugs me, he gets hurt all the time and just seems like the least Cerebral player ever.

Anyway, good game!!!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Im not sure whether to be happy or disappointed

Do you watch sports to get disappointed or happy?
Waste of an evening to be disappointed if happy's an option. It's preseason, and ya gotta admit that game had it's fun moments. Particularly in crunch time.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Wenyen Gabriel is someone to watch if the Kings don't hold onto him.

I think that they already have him on a two way contract.

There was some decent talent out there among the undrafted in Gabriel and Trier.

I also liked what I saw from Duncan Robinson in SL with the Heat, all three guys the Lakers brought in for workouts. It was a very talented draft class.

Has there ever been an indepth study to determine why some draft classes are notably better or notably worse than others? If there were a limited number of young basketball players in each class/age group, then variance would be expected because of the small sample size.

I realize there will be variance in the number of elite players in each draft, but Trier, Melton, Svi and Gabriel were available in mid second round or just outright undrafted while the 2019 draft might run out of respectable talent by mid second round.

Last edited by Bard207 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Zubac has me questioning my recent criticism. I like aggressive Zu and we saw him tonight. Albeit very briefly.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Wenyen Gabriel is someone to watch if the Kings don't hold onto him.

I think that they already have him on a two way contract.

There was some decent talent out there among the undrafted in Gabriel and Trier.

I also liked what I saw from Duncan Robinson in SL with the Heat, all three guys the Lakers brought in for workouts. It was a very talented draft class.

Has there ever been an indepth study to determine why some draft classes are notably better or notably worse than others? If there were a limited number of young basketball players in each class/age group, then variance would be expected because of the small sample size.

I realize there will be variance in the number of elite players in each draft, but Trier, Melton, Svi and Gabriel were available in mid second round or just outright undrafted while the 2019 draft might run out of respectable talent by mid second round.

I'm not aware of any, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one thesis out there that tackles the subject.

There are too many variables to probably draw any meaningful trends since the depth and quality of high school talent can vary so greatly from year to year. I imagine having 2-3 strong years of high school talent in a row leads to a build up of depth as some guys stay in college, develop, and enter the draft as upperclassmen just as the next wave of frosh phenoms fill up the lottery. The 2018 and 2019 high school classes are considered weaker, so we could see less quality draft depth over the next few years.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Fun pre-season game. Both teams showed some fight.
Our defense is a work in progress and we have a long way to go.
LeBron James is light years ahead of everyone on the court. His leadership and passion are contagious.
Nice seeing BI step up big in crunch time.
Hart is a baller, KCP played finally played well but Hart is developing more consistency on both ends of the floor.
Thankfully we have McGee at the rim albeit in limited minutes.
Everyone contributed and played team ball.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Fun game to watch, BI has taken an obvious step forward. I don’t think he’s a #2 on championship team, but possibly a #3.

With the way he stepped up tonight in crunch time on both ends, maybe he can be a #2 on a championship team. Not right now, but maybe by late this season.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

The kings have some good players deep on the bench..
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
PauPau wrote:
Im not sure whether to be happy or disappointed

Do you watch sports to get disappointed or happy?
Waste of an evening to be disappointed if happy's an option. It's preseason, and ya gotta admit that game had it's fun moments. Particularly in crunch time.

You have me there, good point.
walter mccarty
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakers looked good tonight, Ingram with a great game and solid defense from the squad. We'll see if Ingram can have this type of impact in a meaningful game against Boston, GS, houston, utah, spurs, teams that play the right way. Kuzma still not looking impressive offensively or defensively. Could just be in a funk.

Interesting how player movement increases without the ball when Lebron is there to make passes and reward their movement. All of a sudden we can move without the ball!
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Good game. We will lead the league in paint points.

And they should set an all time record for free throws.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject:

Anyone else find this lack of a flow intolerable? I may be in the minority but aside from the opening new minutes and the last couple of possessions, this thing was boring.

Nothing the players on either squad did but when you constantly keep breaking up any sort of flow developing it is going to turn some people off. I absolutely love this game but I can see people tuning into reruns of The Big Bang Theory over the game if its called like this moving forward.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:12 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
Anyone else find this lack of a flow intolerable? I may be in the minority but aside from the opening new minutes and the last couple of possessions, this thing was boring.

Nothing the players on either squad did but when you constantly keep breaking up any sort of flow developing it is going to turn some people off. I absolutely love this game but I can see people tuning into reruns of The Big Bang Theory over the game if its called like this moving forward.

The amount of calls made in preseason in general this year makes the games unwatchable so you're not alone, that said refs will probably ease off by December.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

Takeaways from 128-123 win over the Kings

https://lakeshowlife.com/2018/10/05/los-angeles-lakers-takeaways-128-123-win-kings/
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
AJ wrote:

The amount of calls made in preseason in general this year makes the games unwatchable so you're not alone, that said refs will probably ease off by December.
I really hope because its becoming excessive. And it's not like bball junkies noticing, if it take 2 hours and 45 min to play a meaningless preseason game, something needs to be done. Especially since Silver has tried real hard to speed up the game.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

double

Last edited by PhiberOptik on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:

I noticed this too. Every play is almost ISO one on one to get points. We can't even run sets to get Svi, Ware and other 3 point threats to get a decent look. I'm confused lol,
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27
Jump to: