OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 342, 343, 344 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Kuzma has a lot of Clarkson in his game

The 3rd game of pre season after suffering cramps a few days ago..can't varnish your opinion can you?
Give it some time first
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
al242 wrote:
Kuzma has a lot of Clarkson in his game

LOL

is right!

17 points 6 rebounds 3 assists 50% shooting, a couple of surprisingly good defensive plays tonight, and game winning tip-in!

Overreaction much?

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Not worried yet.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

6/12 FG 17 pts and 6 boards.

I’m glad to know this is considerd a bad game for Kuz now.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

The JC comparisons are hillarious! Worried? Why was Kuzma partying all summer long with Swaggy P or something?

Kuzma’s been working on his game all summer, working out with Kobe, watching films with Rondo, texting with Luke about defensive sets on his off days.

Pshhh.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Thought I was the only one who thought he looked off. Good stats for sure
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Kuzma’s fine. He just played 2 games out of position as the backup center probably also during practices. He’s also being too unselfish, been over-passing a lot of his shots.

Exactly. He’s been overpassing a lot of shots last 2 games and early on this game, he didn’t really start looking to shoot until the 4th quarter tonight. Once he gets more comfortable in his new 4/5 position and look for his shots, watch out!

Despite all that he still finished with 17/6 on 50% shooting and yet people are still whining. Guess some people just like to whine. Whiners.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

I think you're trying to argue for the sake of arguing.. I'm finding a different solution to the problem of starting Kuzma at C which I have already agreed til you is not ideal. However, for now, Luke is trying to find him mins while also giving KCP, Lance, and Hart mins. Eventually, something has to to give and one of those guys has to get their mins cut down so Kuz can get his at the 4/3 or he's got to play the 5.

It doesn't have to be Chandler. It can be Deyonta Davis. I don't care. Simply making the point that if you're able to acquire a decent backup big and cut isn from somewhere else, then finding Kuzma mins is possible without sticking him at center.

Not really sure what contradiction you think you're catching me in but this conversation doesn't seem to be mutually understood.

yeah, if you don't want to argue or discuss or whatever, that's cool too.

The issue started off with Kuzma playing center.

The rationale for him playing center was that - there are not enough minutes for him at the forward spots (because of LeBron and Ingram). And it might have been you that said this, it might have been someone else. So if it wasn't you, don't worry about it. But that was the rationale.

So, up to this point, we have Kuzma playing center which seems out of position and we have claims that there are no other options for him, because of Ingram and LeBron.

Well, if the only options for him is to play center, and if not center, then we don't have enough minutes for him, then we should look into trading him. (And notice that that's only IF we don't have enough minutes for him at the forward spots).

And you said no, there's no way we should trade him.

And you came up with a way for him to play 32 minutes as a starting forward. But that all hinges on picking up some center, any center from the waiver wires to play 20 minutes a game. Which is strange. Because it seems like a pretty simple solution. Why not just play Zubac there. Because if we truly value Kuzma that much, then it doesn't matter how bad Zubac plays in his 20 minutes, if it gets Kuzma 32 minutes as a starter.

So if what you say is true, then I have no issue. Play Kuzma his 32 minutes as a starting power forward, find a backup center or play Zubac.

But initially, that's not what I responded to. I responded to the premise that we can't find enough minutes for Kuzma. That the only way to get him some minutes was to play him at center. That's what I responded to.

Your solution is opposite of that. You're saying that there are enough minutes for him at the power forward spot. In fact, you found 32 starting minutes for him, and it all hinges on picking up any backup center through waiver wires.

So then I have nothing else to add, because that seems like a pretty simple solution. Go ahead and find a backup center like Tyson Chandler or Davis and then problem solved. Kuzma plays 32 minutes as a starting power forward. I have no issue with that.

The only issue I have is if there truly are no minutes for him at the forward spots and we have to play him at center to find minutes for him. That's the only issue I have.

If this conversation started out as: Kuzma playing out of position until Lakers pick up a backup center from the waiver wire, then Kuzma will go back to being a starting power forward and get his usual 32 min per game.

If the conversation started like that, I'd say well pick up a damn backup center immediately. Trade for one. Or just play Zubac in the meantime until they get one. But by all means, go ahead and play Kuzma his 32 minutes at power forward and deal with the backup center position later.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject:

Kuzma shot 24% from 3 last preseason... a lot of solid but not great shooters, don't shoot well in preseason... fwiw

I'm not worried. He's finding his bearings w his 'new skills' on this new team.. takes more than2-3 games. how about a month....
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject:

Wouldn't be surprised if he drops a few 40 to 45 point games this season.. Kuz will be fine. Can't expect him to hit the ground running playing a new position.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is not Clarkson. I do understand a bit of what was meant there though, he can be overly aggressive and it can lead to bad shooting performances. But Kuzma's skill set is more complete for his position. He hasn't played his best basketball this preseason but he's going to be fine offensively.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Not worried yet.

What is there to be worried about? Good bench player with some offensive skills who is up and down defensively and rebounding. It isn’t like we are building anything around him. At his cost he is a general positive for the team.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Not worried yet.

What is there to be worried about? Good bench player with some offensive skills who is up and down defensively and rebounding. It isn’t like we are building anything around him. At his cost he is a general positive for the team.

I agree. My statement was litotic.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

Kuz doesn't look comfortable yet on either end of the floor, but he'll find his way. I'm not worried about him at all. I think that having a true PG to play next to whether it's Rondo or Lonzo will make a huge difference in the way he plays. We already know that he has a great connection with Lonzo, but Rondo will help to unlock Kuz's offensive game as well.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Lebron takes some of the pressure off of Kuz and the rest of the team. This will give Kuz time to expand, experiment and hone his skills without being under the microscope.
This kid is hungry and eager to learn. He is absorbing knowledge from LBJ and Rondo like a sponge.
As the season progresses, when everyone finds their niche', Kuz will blossom into a lethal weapon.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

He doesn’t really have a defined role just yet on this team. He’s in a weird spot.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

I want to see the "kuzman" excel off the bench...
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

Personally, I'd package him in a trade if his role is going to be anything like what I've seen in these past preseason games. He won't get the opportunity to shine like last year so best to trade him while his value is at the highest.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

Kuz is pushing it right now. He came from nowhere to his current position by hard work. Once he sorts of settles down, it'll be alright.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
Personally, I'd package him in a trade if his role is going to be anything like what I've seen in these past preseason games. He won't get the opportunity to shine like last year so best to trade him while his value is at the highest.

Trade for who? He’s a media star, who’s floor is a 17ppg scorer, making 1m a year for the next 3 seasons. I’d like to know who we are trading Kuz for, who’s contract is 1m a year, and could impact us in the same way. I believe Aaron Gordon is going to make 20m this season. Let that sink in for a minute.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

The change will come when Kuz realizes that he has to contribute more than just scoring, i.e. defense and moving the ball. He's a 2nd year player on a cheap deal so I still believe in him and think he is important to keep.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Kinda expected Kuz to dominate when single covered, goes to the right in half court a ton, looks like he need more touches
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

LOL I learned from kobe to give scorers time to get into game shape.. he would always always start shooting terribly and then go bananas
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Hart passed him this offseason. He’s gonna need to start playing a lot better if he doesn’t want to see a big drop in PT. He’s got a lot of guys who play the same position as him that wanna get on the floor.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I never understand why people overreact like this. Sometimes when it's a new year a player can start a little slow. It happens. Don't overreact or over-analyze it. Kuz is fine.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 342, 343, 344 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 343 of 880
Jump to: