Deyonta Davis

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 11663

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Deyonta Davis

Sacto cut this kid, who Boston drafted with the 1st pick of Round 2 in 2016. I like his size and toughness - we could probably get him for the min - he's only 22. Thoughts?
_________________
Suck it, whiners. I have TWC!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20727
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Wasn’t he with the Memphis Grizzles? I remember him looking pretty solid against the Lakers last year.. seems like Sacramento has a history of throwing away guys with good potential... Gerald Wallace is a good example.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 11663

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wasn’t he with the Memphis Grizzles? I remember him looking pretty solid against the Lakers last year.. seems like Sacramento has a history of throwing away guys with good potential... Gerald Wallace is a good example.


Yes - Grizz traded him to Sacto in the Garrett Temple trade in July. I like his athletic ability and am not scared that Memphis failed to develop him.
_________________
Suck it, whiners. I have TWC!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20727
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wasn’t he with the Memphis Grizzles? I remember him looking pretty solid against the Lakers last year.. seems like Sacramento has a history of throwing away guys with good potential... Gerald Wallace is a good example.


Yes - Grizz traded him to Sacto in the Garrett Temple trade in July. I like his athletic ability and am not scared that Memphis failed to develop him.


He had 5 blocks against the Lakers last year when I checked his game log.. maybe the next Ed Davis perhaps? I would give him a chance but the Lakers are probably looking for a vet like Ariza or Tyson Chandler for the last roster spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59755
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject:

Pass.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 11663

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Pass.


Any particular reason?
_________________
Suck it, whiners. I have TWC!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59755
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Pass.


Any particular reason?


Left Michigan St. as an explosive, lighter weight prospect with some lob range and hints of a midrange jumper. Lost that jumper in the process. Added a lot of bulk, but not a lot of grounded fundamentals defending the post. Limited vision/ball-handling. Now needs a major adjustment to compensate above the rim ability with ground/post play.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 5824

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

Somewhat related to this topic.


Clippers trade for forward Jeff Green, jettison Lance Stephenson


Quote:

The Clippers beat the trade deadline buzzer by a matter of minutes Thursday, sending Lance Stephenson and a lottery-protected first-round draft pick to the Memphis Grizzlies for Jeff Green in a move that bolsters their frontcourt...

...The pick the Clippers included in the trade is lottery-protected in 2019 and 2020, becoming a second-round pick in 2022 if it is not conveyed in either of the first two years.



Grizzlies acquire Draft Rights to Deyonta Davis and Rade Zagorac from Celtics

Quote:

Memphis Grizzlies General Manager Chris Wallace announced that the Grizzlies acquired the draft rights to Michigan State forward Deyonta Davis (Dee-on-TAY Davis) and Mega Leks (Serbia) forward Rade Zagorac (RAH-day ZAH-go-rahtz) from the Boston Celtics in exchange for a future first round draft pick originally acquired from the Los Angeles Clippers on Feb. 19, 2016.



Rade Zagorac

Quote:

June 23, 2016: Drafted by the Boston Celtics in the 2nd round (35th pick) of the 2016 NBA Draft.

June 23, 2016: Traded by the Boston Celtics with Deyonta Davis to the Memphis Grizzlies for a 2019 1st round draft pick. 2019 1st-rd pick is protected pick from LAC

July 8, 2017: Signed a multi-year contract with the Memphis Grizzlies

October 16, 2017: Waived by the Memphis Grizzlies.



There was incompetence in several front offices that Ainge took advantage of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 6796
Location: SGV

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Somewhat related to this topic.


Clippers trade for forward Jeff Green, jettison Lance Stephenson


Quote:

The Clippers beat the trade deadline buzzer by a matter of minutes Thursday, sending Lance Stephenson and a lottery-protected first-round draft pick to the Memphis Grizzlies for Jeff Green in a move that bolsters their frontcourt...

...The pick the Clippers included in the trade is lottery-protected in 2019 and 2020, becoming a second-round pick in 2022 if it is not conveyed in either of the first two years.



Grizzlies acquire Draft Rights to Deyonta Davis and Rade Zagorac from Celtics

Quote:

Memphis Grizzlies General Manager Chris Wallace announced that the Grizzlies acquired the draft rights to Michigan State forward Deyonta Davis (Dee-on-TAY Davis) and Mega Leks (Serbia) forward Rade Zagorac (RAH-day ZAH-go-rahtz) from the Boston Celtics in exchange for a future first round draft pick originally acquired from the Los Angeles Clippers on Feb. 19, 2016.



Rade Zagorac

Quote:

June 23, 2016: Drafted by the Boston Celtics in the 2nd round (35th pick) of the 2016 NBA Draft.

June 23, 2016: Traded by the Boston Celtics with Deyonta Davis to the Memphis Grizzlies for a 2019 1st round draft pick. 2019 1st-rd pick is protected pick from LAC

July 8, 2017: Signed a multi-year contract with the Memphis Grizzlies

October 16, 2017: Waived by the Memphis Grizzlies.



There was incompetence in several front offices that Ainge took advantage of.


Some poor team is gonna be robbed for Rozier won't they?
_________________
The King is Here 👑

Season Predictions:

Regular Season Record: 55-27
MVP: Lebron James
MIP: Brandon Ingram
6MOTY: Kyle Kuzma

2019 NBA Champions - Greatest Playoff Run of All Time

"Lakers didn't grab me"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 5824

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Somewhat related to this topic.


Clippers trade for forward Jeff Green, jettison Lance Stephenson


Quote:

The Clippers beat the trade deadline buzzer by a matter of minutes Thursday, sending Lance Stephenson and a lottery-protected first-round draft pick to the Memphis Grizzlies for Jeff Green in a move that bolsters their frontcourt...

...The pick the Clippers included in the trade is lottery-protected in 2019 and 2020, becoming a second-round pick in 2022 if it is not conveyed in either of the first two years.



Grizzlies acquire Draft Rights to Deyonta Davis and Rade Zagorac from Celtics

Quote:

Memphis Grizzlies General Manager Chris Wallace announced that the Grizzlies acquired the draft rights to Michigan State forward Deyonta Davis (Dee-on-TAY Davis) and Mega Leks (Serbia) forward Rade Zagorac (RAH-day ZAH-go-rahtz) from the Boston Celtics in exchange for a future first round draft pick originally acquired from the Los Angeles Clippers on Feb. 19, 2016.



Rade Zagorac

Quote:

June 23, 2016: Drafted by the Boston Celtics in the 2nd round (35th pick) of the 2016 NBA Draft.

June 23, 2016: Traded by the Boston Celtics with Deyonta Davis to the Memphis Grizzlies for a 2019 1st round draft pick. 2019 1st-rd pick is protected pick from LAC

July 8, 2017: Signed a multi-year contract with the Memphis Grizzlies

October 16, 2017: Waived by the Memphis Grizzlies.



There was incompetence in several front offices that Ainge took advantage of.


Some poor team is gonna be robbed for Rozier won't they?


Maybe not.

1. Kyrie Irving has had some injury issues and Ainge might keep Rozier as a safety net in case Irving misses games this season.

2. Some of the bad front office executives have been replaced and Ainge does best preying on the weak. If Ainge had been taking advantage of leaders at the level of Myers, Morey, Pop/Buford etc, then I could see him continue to win trades.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jun 2001
Posts: 636

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers should sign Kobi Simmons to their South Bay Lakers team, so they can say they have a Kobi !!!
_________________
“Love is the force that ignites the spirit and binds teams together.” - Phil Jackson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 5230

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

AuraStar wrote:
The Lakers should sign Kobi Simmons to their South Bay Lakers team, so they can say they have a Kobi !!!

Coby Karl is the coach of that team. So they already do!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB