Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Jags doing a better job against the Chiefs offense than any other team so far this season but it's still not enough.

Chiefs much maligned defense looking great against Bortles. Already caused a fumble and a pick six.

Edit: Bortles throws another pick in the Red Zone after bouncing it off his own players' helmet.

DAYUM!! Mahomes threw a INT!!!

I think that was the only possession where the Chiefs didn't get into Jags territory. They kept the Jags defense on the field a lot that first half. Let's see if they wear em down in the second.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

Mahomes ain't no joke. This kid is the real thing. I'm impressed by how he keeps his eyes downfield and his accuracy when he's on the move, + he has a howitzer for a arm.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Jags doing a better job against the Chiefs offense than any other team so far this season but it's still not enough.

Chiefs much maligned defense looking great against Bortles. Already caused a fumble and a pick six.

Edit: Bortles throws another pick in the Red Zone after bouncing it off his own players' helmet.

I think that was the only possession where the Chiefs didn't get into Jags territory. They kept the Jags defense on the field a lot that first half. Let's see if they wear em down in the second.

the key to this game is the Jacksonville offense's total inability to do anything.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

the key to this game is the Jacksonville offense's total inability to do anything.

You don't give the KC defense any credit? They've been horrible to date. Maybe they've made some improvement. Of course you have to factor the ranking of the Jags offensively. I think they're somewhere near the bottom.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

You don't give the KC defense any credit? They've been horrible to date. Maybe they've made some improvement. Of course you have to factor the ranking of the Jags offensively. I think they're somewhere near the bottom.

I guess, but it is hard seeing how bad Bortles played before that last drive. I mean he threw a TD directly to a defensive tackle.....and that was a bad pass that got picked in the endzone. The Jags D has contained the KC offense about as much as can be expected to this point.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

Bortles INT. What a runback!!!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Bortles TD run should be overturned. Ball on the 1ft line. NOPE!!!

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

man, the Browns sure love them some Overtime. 3rd game out of 5 this season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Roughing the passer??? You got to be kidding me. QB are treated like they're cupcakes.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Gano kicked a 63 yard game winning FG as time expired for the Panthers to beat the Giants 33-31!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
man, the Browns sure love them some Overtime. 3rd game out of 5 this season.

Browns get the win over the Ravens 12-9 in OT. It was one of the ugliest short FG's I have ever seen.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

That a weird year. It’s all about place kickers, roughing the passer calls, and overtime.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Zac Prescot, welcome to earth!

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Gano kicked a 63 yard game winning FG as time expired for the Panthers to beat the Giants 33-31!

Didn't Philly do something similar a couple years back?

That being said the Giants did a lot better than I thought(or maybe the Panthers aren't that good)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I swear NFL coaches can be the dumbest football minds around. Forget the clock dumbass, make the FG and the game is over.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I swear NFL coaches can be the dumbest football minds around. Forget the clock dumbass, make the FG and the game is over.

Absolutely terrible coaching in that Cowboys-Texans game all night long by both teams. O'Brien's playcalling near the goal line was just remarkably pathetic. Let's see, I have a QB coming back from a major injury, and let's run him a few times and let him take colossal hit after colossal hit. I don't think they lined up out of a traditional set with the QB under center and the RB behind him near the goal line all game. Then you have a situation where Houston is getting after Dak Prescott relentlessly, especially on 3rd down (well, from what I saw; I was flipping back and forth between the Dodger game), and did Scott Linehan call even one pass to the running back or a screen to try to give the pass rushers something to think about? Nope.

Then Jason Garrett punted in OT on 4th and 1 and in opposing territory. I mean, are you trying to win? You spent a billion dollars on your offensive line and you have a RB you drafted 4th overall. You have to go for that in that spot. It was scared coaching, pure and simple.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

The Texans are a mediocre team. We’re asking Watson to win games on his own. I’ll be a ltttle surprised if he lasts until mid-season. Our running game is pretty soft, and the Cowboys overpowered our offensive line.

Given the way that the game was going, I understand Garrett’s decision. He was going to get second guessed either way, unless he went for it and they made it. It’s an interesting comparison to the Colts game last week. It was fewer yards, but there was a lot more time on the clock. Both times, it took a big completion to Hopkins for the Texans to capitalize. This one was more spectacular. Take away those big plays, and both decisions look reasonable. That’s football for you.

Oh, and the Cowboys did run some screens with decent success. I was a little surprised that they didn’t go to the screen plays more.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

Watching the Chargers/Raiders highlights I just wonder which of these young QBs is going to be the next Derek Carr. After showing so much promise as young QB he looks like the worst QB on the worst team in the NFL.

Not sure what to make of Gruden's comment about Carr trying to do too much after that pick on 1st and goal. He's the coach. You've got 1st and goal and you've got Marshawn Lynch. Call a run play.

Wish I could have seen the game just to see the look on all the Raider fans' faces at Stub Hub.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
We’re asking Watson to win games on his own. I’ll be a ltttle surprised if he lasts until mid-season.

he could take more precaution without greatly diminishing his effectiveness...he takes too many hits that are near pointless.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Bill O'Brien is gonna get Deshaun Watson killed.

Good bye Jason Garret.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
We’re asking Watson to win games on his own. I’ll be a ltttle surprised if he lasts until mid-season.

he could take more precaution without greatly diminishing his effectiveness...he takes too many hits that are near pointless.

Yes, just like the young RG3.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

That is what makes Mahomes special, he prefers to throw the ball rather than to tuck it and run.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

How much of Watson can you blame on O'Brien? Seems a coach should be able slow Watson down. Council him on the dangers of running, call plays to diminish his running. Convince him he can't keep taking the brutal hits he's been taking. It's on Watson to heed advice given. OTOH maybe Deshaun isn't all he's cracked up to be.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

That is what makes Mahomes special, he prefers to throw the ball rather than to tuck it and run.

The accuracy he has on the run is amazing. What impresses me is not only his accuracy but the strength of his arm. He threw a dart across the field, (a NFL no no) that took above average arm strength and it was right on target. Mahomes is special.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
How much of Watson can you blame on O'Brien? Seems a coach should be able slow Watson down. Council him on the dangers of running, call plays to diminish his running. Convince him he can't keep taking the brutal hits he's been taking. It's on Watson to heed advice given. OTOH maybe Deshaun isn't all he's cracked up to be.

The smart QBs learn that. Michael Vick learned to be more patient with the run and that made his runs more deadly. That is something that Kapernick didn’t learn and part of the reason he became a backup. Watson seems to have a good head on his shoulders, I am confident that he will learn to think rather than react.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 36 of 106
Jump to: