2018 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 332, 333, 334  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

They finally got the job done. The next series against the Brewers will be a tough matchup for the Dodgers. They have a very right-handed hitting lineup against the Dodgers' left-handers. Hopefully Buehler got his stinker out of his system.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
So who will start the NLCS? Kershaw or Ryu?

Probably an unpopular opinion but Ryu 100%. Why fix what's working? I'd hate to resurrect the spirit of Playoff Kershaw.

If the series started at Dodger Stadium, I'd agree. Ryu has like a 2 run differential when comparing home and away. Granted, it's a small sample size. However, he's been very good against righties, which might be important against this Brewers lineup.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

where’s Alano Rizzo? and the beer shower
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Probably an unpopular opinion but Ryu 100%. Why fix what's working? I'd hate to resurrect the spirit of Playoff Kershaw.

If the series started at Dodger Stadium, I'd agree. Ryu has like a 2 run differential when comparing home and away. Granted, it's a small sample size. However, he's been very good against righties, which might be important against this Brewers lineup.

Yeah, I think the main reason Ryu got the start this series was because we were at home and to even out the rest at 5 days for both of them. I think it will be Kershaw Game 1, Ryu Game 2, Buehler Game 3. Buehler isn't going to start out the series away from home after what happened to him in Atlanta. He did recover nicely after that at least so I still feel pretty good about him going forward.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers won 4 out of 7 vs the Brewers in the regular season. This series could go either way.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Dodgers won 4 out of 7 vs the Brewers in the regular season. This series could go either way.

We're going to need to rough up their starting pitchers to be successful, because that is our one clear advantage over them aside from positional depth.

They have the MVP in Yelich and a lights out bullpen, so those are what could potentially kill us if we allow their starters to keep it close and let them go deep into games.

They did rough up Chacin pretty good in the regular season, he started that game the Dodgers eventually won 21-5 and he gave up like 8 earned runs. But that was quite a while ago after the All Star break.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

We're going to need to rough up their starting pitchers to be successful, because that is our one clear advantage over them aside from positional depth.

They have the MVP in Yelich and a lights out bullpen, so those are what could potentially kill us if we allow their starters to keep it close and let them go deep into games.

They did rough up Chacin pretty good in the regular season, he started that game the Dodgers eventually won 21-5 and he gave up like 8 earned runs. But that was quite a while ago after the All Star break.

How is Chacin their ace? Isn't that when we went to the playoffs with Jose Lima as our ace?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

I agree on Ryu.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Bellinger and Machado have to be better this series. We also can’t afford to have any meltdowns like 3rd inning of game 3.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I believe Kershaw gets the ball in Game 1, Buehler in Game 2, and Ryu in Game 3. Buehler will be on regular rest in Game 2, and I just think that the Dodgers want to start Ryu at Dodger Stadium, given his scoreless innings streak there. Buehler just had one bad inning; it's not like he was getting hit around the yard. I think they will chalk that up to a fluke. The ball flies at Miller Park and I think they will want his raw stuff in that park. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it lining up.

If they start Ryu in Game 2, it would mean that he would not start at Dodger Stadium in either of his 2 (potential) starts. I will say, though, that if they wait until Game 3 to start Ryu, that's an awful lot of rest between starts. Maybe too much rest. I'm curious to see how they handle it.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I believe Kershaw gets the ball in Game 1, Buehler in Game 2, and Ryu in Game 3. Buehler will be on regular rest in Game 2, and I just think that the Dodgers want to start Ryu at Dodger Stadium, given his scoreless innings streak there. Buehler just had one bad inning; it's not like he was getting hit around the yard. I think they will chalk that up to a fluke. The ball flies at Miller Park and I think they will want his raw stuff in that park. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it lining up.

If they start Ryu in Game 2, it would mean that he would not start at Dodger Stadium in either of his 2 (potential) starts. I will say, though, that if they wait until Game 3 to start Ryu, that's an awful lot of rest between starts. Maybe too much rest. I'm curious to see how they handle it.

Ironic since last year they didn't bother pitching Ryu in any games because they felt he needed proper rest between appearances to be effective. Then they had McCarthy left in Game 2 who promptly gave up the go-ahead homer in extra innings in a game the Dodgers choked away.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Ironic since last year they didn't bother pitching Ryu in any games because they felt he needed proper rest between appearances to be effective. Then they had McCarthy left in Game 2 who promptly gave up the go-ahead homer in extra innings in a game the Dodgers choked away.

Yes, McCarthy had no business being on the roster, as we discussed at the time. Even Buehler, terrible September and all, would've been a better choice. Stuff plays in the postseason, and I would have rather taken my chances on my last pitcher on the roster with a guy with swing-and-miss stuff over a guy who hadn't pitched in something like two months. I didn't even blame McCarthy there. He was put into a truly unfair spot.

Relating to my previous comments about how I think they will set the rotation in the NLCS, I do realize that you can certainly make the case to start Ryu in one of the first two games. If they have any concerns about Buehler getting rattled by the road crowd, you could push him to Game 3 and let him go in front of the home crowd. But I really don't think they will be worried, as Buehler just had one bad inning, and, really, one bad sequence to the opposing pitcher that caused the disaster. As I said, with the way fly balls travel at Miller Park, I think I'd want Buehler's nasty stuff going in that park in one of the first 2 games. Kershaw has already been announced as the Game 1 starter, and he'll be working on only one extra day of rest. If they go with Ryu in Game 2, he'll be working on 8 days of rest, and if they go with Buehler in Game 3, he'll be working on 6 days of rest. If they go with Buehler in Game 2, he'll be on the usual 4 days of rest, but then Ryu would be working on a whopping 10 days of rest for his Game 3 start. Perhaps their concerns with Ryu losing sharpness will win out over my concerns of not starting Ryu at Dodger Stadium.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject:

It’s a big deal that Buehler was able to recover after the terrible 3rd inning and get back on track. There may be other lapses, but he now knows he has that in him for the playoffs. I expect his lapses to become smaller going forward because he is building mental strength through experience.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Good series win, the next round with the Brewers should be entertaining.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good series win, the next round with the Brewers should be entertaining.

It's gonna be a tough one.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

how many games you guys predict, im picking 6 games dodgers (hopefully)

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

I'll say 5. We will clinch at home.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

So it probably Kershaw, Buehler, Ryu you guys think?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Bill Plunkett
@billplunkettocr
Stripling also admitted he has been tipping pitches. "Pretty bad," he said -- Honeycutt, Utley, Dozier all spotted it. had to do with his foot position in stretch mainly. #Dodgers

https://mobile.twitter.com/billplunkettocr/status/1050203043491328001?s=21

http://www.ocregister.com/dodgers-ross-stripling-was-tipping-pitches-big-time-but-believes-hes-eliminated-the-issue
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

In order to win in 5, we'd probably have to win the first 2 at Milwaukee.

It's just unlikely to see us split the first 2 in Milwaukee then go home and win all 3 games at home. It's possible, but that seems pretty unlikely.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

In order to win in 5, we'd probably have to win the first 2 at Milwaukee.

It's just unlikely to see us split the first 2 in Milwaukee then go home and win all 3 games at home. It's possible, but that seems pretty unlikely.

That was what I was thinking when I wrote that. I think we'll take the first 2 games in Milwaukee.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

im saying 6 games

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

The Brewers are starting lefty Gio Gonzalez in Game 1, and following that up with another lefty for Game 2, Wade Miley.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm not worried about the left pitchers. We have plenty of guys to put out a good lineup vs the lefties.

I like that Buehler will get the away start, Doc basically saying "i trust you and know that that one inning in Atlanta was an anomaly".

I think we win in 6 but 5 isn't out of the question. I just hope we avoid a game 7. If we win the series though, no reason to complain (although we always find something we didn't like ).
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Also, here is a great article on why the Dodgers are such a homerun reliant team: Link
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 332, 333, 334  Next
Page 130 of 334
Jump to: