The Walking Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

fear the walking dead has been surprisingly decent so far. I really dont get the fascination with Morgan... his character has already went full circle and seems to be recycling through the same process again but even so I still enjoyed the first 3 episodes and am more interested in seeing with what happens with Fear's current story arch than watching Rick bicker with Maggie next season.
SPOILERS
killing off Nick was a big head scrather (if he really died)... him and Strand were by far the most interesting characters the show had going
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
fear the walking dead has been surprisingly decent so far. I really dont get the fascination with Morgan... his character has already went full circle and seems to be recycling through the same process again but even so I still enjoyed the first 3 episodes and am more interested in seeing with what happens with Fear's current story arch than watching Rick bicker with Maggie next season.
SPOILERS
killing off Nick was a big head scrather (if he really died)... him and Strand were by far the most interesting characters the show had going

Nick is gone. He wanted to go back to movies. As for the character, he'll be around in the flashbacks to the baseball stadium through the mid-season finale.

I agree, Fear is good. I thought last year was great, and this season doesn't seem to have missed a beat. I'm a bit curious as to where Madison is in the future when they come across Morgan and that group.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

Big surprise move by the showrunners of FTWD. That half season of time jumps was so confusing. Glad it's over.

Hoping they can break this endless rut both WD shows have fallen into of finding sanctuary at the beginning of the season and getting chased out at the end following a big firefight and then repeating the following season in a new location.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Man, not sure if there is anything left of this walking dead. Feels like they're trying to squeeze another season. 1st episode was so so. Better get better soon
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Man, not sure if there is anything left of this walking dead. Feels like they're trying to squeeze another season. 1st episode was so so. Better get better soon

The showrunners must know the show is on life support. That's why they keep pointing out these are Rick's final episodes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

definitely do not have high hopes for this season
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

It's no secret the show has gone down in recent years. This episode was at least a little better (imo) than anything I recall ever happening during last season. I'm sure a majority of the people watching now are like me where they've been watching from the beginning and just feel too invested in it to not see it all the way to the end.

I did that with LOST and felt cheated by how that show wrapped, but by the same token, I'd be too bothered/curious to stop watching without knowing how it all "ends".
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

i feel like i'm hate watching TWD. thought the episode started good was intense spider zombie freaked me out...then the gregory villainy and treachery kinda was lame. just not very engaging overall. despite the endings of Lost and Sopranos i don't hold that too much against them. i think the wire which i just finished rewatching and the shield had far better endings for their stories. but i honestly think TWD was at it's best in it's first short season and pretty good until Shane died. i think i heard the next two episodes critics said they were good, hoping it picks up.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I forgot Darryl could talk.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

This show is still on?
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Walking Dead needed to keep killing main characters. Some of them have just been there for too long. Tara's character should not have lasted 5 seasons. Sasha's death was way overdue and they deemed it worthy for a "finale" death, which sucked. Morgan should have died already. Gregory should have died much earlier. I wouldn't care if they killed Michonne either because her character got pretty stale. TBH I haven't liked the show as much since they arrived at Alexandria. There are some good episodes every now and then, however.

I kinda liked the premiere, but they did not have to drag that to 1 hour and 30 min. Why spend so much time on that Ken kid? We didn't even know him. They should have just cut that entire funeral scene. Had no purpose.

On the positive side, the Rick and Maggie talk was good. So was the Daryl and Carol talk.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

If anyone is still following this, it was Rick's final episode tonight.

It was overall a good sendoff, but there were some problems with it.

SPOILER:

Quote:
It turns out that Rick survives and is whisked away on a chopper. Apparently, he's gonna go somewhere safe, away from all the madness.

But how could Rick just leave his friends and family? Surely, he has to return at some point. He's not just gonna forget about them. Even if he is sent across the ocean, I'm sure Rick would at least make an attempt to return to Alexandria, even at the cost of his life. If he never returns, should we assume that he died trying to get back?

I loved the Shane and Herschel (RIP) appearances. I didn't care for Sasha (I never liked her character). They couldn't have gotten Lori's actor to appear? That would have been more fitting. I would take Carl, Glenn, or even Andrea before Sasha.

But the flashbacks and callbacks to the earlier seasons were nice. The preview for the next Walking Dead actually looks pretty good IMO. If they could make Judith badass just like Carl in the comics, it would be very interesting.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
If anyone is still following this, it was Rick's final episode tonight.

It was overall a good sendoff, but there were some problems with it.

SPOILER:

Quote:
It turns out that Rick survives and is whisked away on a chopper. Apparently, he's gonna go somewhere safe, away from all the madness.

But how could Rick just leave his friends and family? Surely, he has to return at some point. He's not just gonna forget about them. Even if he is sent across the ocean, I'm sure Rick would at least make an attempt to return to Alexandria, even at the cost of his life. If he never returns, should we assume that he died trying to get back?

I loved the Shane and Herschel (RIP) appearances. I didn't care for Sasha (I never liked her character). They couldn't have gotten Lori's actor to appear? That would have been more fitting. I would take Carl, Glenn, or even Andrea before Sasha.

But the flashbacks and callbacks to the earlier seasons were nice. The preview for the next Walking Dead actually looks pretty good IMO. If they could make Judith badass just like Carl in the comics, it would be very interesting.

yes it was a great ride and intense and utterly ruined for me at the end by the deux ex helicopter. for me the show probably died with rick on the bridge. he signed up for 3 walking dead movies with AMC. they will milk this cash cow and ride this horse to death. i wonder what frank darabont's twd would have looked like if had had the opp. to continue. i also liked Shane and herschels flashbacks and thought the dead bodies pileup was cool, but iono kinda drifted out during her speech. shows like TWD and House of Cards had the potential to be all time greats but when they try to dilute it and extend it for no reason it ruins the whole for me. my favorite TWD season is still by far 1. the judith scene was whateverz AV club absolutely trashed the episode. i won't be that harsh i was pretty engaged until after the blow up where every second from there on (the chopper, the music, judith, the previews for the future, trash lady (forget her name) iono took away the moment for me. darryls face though (bleep) that's when i was still engaged lol
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

^^^trash lady = Jadis
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Good episode but they should have made Judith a bit older. If they could have modeled "Kick Asses" Hit Girl that would have been perfect. It was a little comical watching her get perfect headshots but could barely holster the weapon.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

The creators are struggling big time to build up a new direction of the show after the whole Negan war. Even Ricks so called farewell episode was a huge disappointment with such a contrived hero "death".
I think they would have been better off giving the Negan war a more epic series finale treatment and replacing with an entirely new zombie apocalypse series or perhaps go with a mini series where each season is a brand new story line.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

pretty crazy episode last night....lost a lot of known characters
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
pretty crazy episode last night....lost a lot of known characters

I watched it too, late last night. Wow. That scene with the big reveal was actually shot quite well and was pretty horrifying.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

SPOILERS
they pretty much had to do something like this to give this show a shot in the arm. And if you think about it, none of the characters that got killed off were a core character or even that interesting. The two biggest deaths of Rosalinda and Henry were not much of a sacrifice to have a shocker season finale.

And what immediately jumped out to me is that this is pretty much an identical situation to what happened in the season finale with Negan and the Saviors.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

geez that was probably the worse season finale I ever seen in a tv series. No big surprise or reveal and pretty boring. Felt like a forgettable midseason filler episode.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:52 am    Post subject:

BUMP! Is anybody still watching? The episode on Sunday was pretty juicy. Three deaths, including a big character. (I won't spoil, just in case anyone doesn't know. Although no one has posted on this thread in almost a year, so I'm guessing that if you look at this, you know!)
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

I enjoyed the last episode a lot! One of the deaths was predictable for me since I called it from the beginning, but the execution of the scene was still very satisfying to watch.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Samantha Morton was a great get for the show, as she's a really talented actress. Also, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is awesome.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

It's still running? Current shows or repeats?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:
It's still running? Current shows or repeats?

Still going.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: