Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Given the recent news, do yall think this is a fair trade?

Give: Conner + Cooks
Receive: Hyde (got Chubb too) + Buck Allen

No, I'd rather have the Conner/Cooks side, unless you have a severe need to acquire another RB, and Allen is just a flex play at that in most leagues at best. Cooks is a legit WR2 this season in a fantastic offense. And there's always the chance that the Steelers still trade Bell. I'd take my chances with that side of it. And Hyde's next injury is just around the corner, and, as you point out, you have Chubb (I just added Chubb in a league myself).

I countered Ridley + Conner for Hyde + Thompson, then he countered. What about Cooks for Hyde? I feel like I need someone to replace Conner if Bells cuts into his workload. By keeping Conner, I think this new trade is worth it since I have Mike Evans, Ridley, Agholor, and Golladay still. I think Cooks won't be as consistent if Goff has a bad night or their defense dominates with Kupp and Woods in the picture. Taking Hyde locks up the main RB for the Browns with Baker taking over and boosting the offense. It also gives me a RB to trust in week 7 (Conner bye) and week 12 with Gurley on bye. We're the two undefeated teams in the league, and he has Hopkins, Diggs, and Baldwin. I don't think this trade helps him as much as me.

Edit: My RB2 would be Lewis with my RB depth falling off a cliff if Bell plays for the Steelers: R. Jones, R. Penny, and Chubb. Hue Jackson seems to favor Hyde barring injury (and Hyde isn't so old to predict a season-ending one).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

No, I'd rather have the Conner/Cooks side, unless you have a severe need to acquire another RB, and Allen is just a flex play at that in most leagues at best. Cooks is a legit WR2 this season in a fantastic offense. And there's always the chance that the Steelers still trade Bell. I'd take my chances with that side of it. And Hyde's next injury is just around the corner, and, as you point out, you have Chubb (I just added Chubb in a league myself).

I countered Ridley + Conner for Hyde + Thompson, then he countered. What about Cooks for Hyde? I feel like I need someone to replace Conner if Bells cuts into his workload. By keeping Conner, I think this new trade is worth it since I have Mike Evans, Ridley, Agholor, and Golladay still. I think Cooks won't be as consistent if Goff has a bad night or their defense dominates with Kupp and Woods in the picture. Taking Hyde locks up the main RB for the Browns with Baker taking over and boosting the offense. It also gives me a RB to trust in week 7 (Conner bye) and week 12 with Gurley on bye. We're the two undefeated teams in the league, and he has Hopkins, Diggs, and Baldwin. I don't think this trade helps him as much as me.

Edit: My RB2 would be Lewis with my RB depth falling off a cliff if Bell plays for the Steelers: R. Jones, R. Penny, and Chubb. Hue Jackson seems to favor Hyde barring injury (and Hyde isn't so old to predict a season-ending one).

I would look for a better deal for Brandin Cooks. I think you can do better than Hyde potentially. Hyde has, IMO, been playing over his head and Hue Jackson recently said he wants to get Nick Chubb more carries.

I think now is the time to trade with a 4-0 team or a 2-2, 1-3 team who is motivated to shake up their roster.

I just think you can get more for Brandin Cooks so unless you are desperate, I'd look elsewhere for a trade partner.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I would look for a better deal for Brandin Cooks. I think you can do better than Hyde potentially. Hyde has, IMO, been playing over his head and Hue Jackson recently said he wants to get Nick Chubb more carries.

I think now is the time to trade with a 4-0 team or a 2-2, 1-3 team who is motivated to shake up their roster.

I just think you can get more for Brandin Cooks so unless you are desperate, I'd look elsewhere for a trade partner.

I think Cooks is slightly more valuable in a vacuum. However, I also think he's at his ceiling in that offense right now with Kupp and Woods around. I pulled the trigger. My league is stingy with RBs, and we're half ppr with 12.5 receiving yards = 1 point for receivers whereas 10 rushing yards = 1 point for RBs. With the Bell news and Conner's recent performances, I don't trust Conner for the season even if Bell gets traded. Ben has looked absolutely awful (along with the defense), so I see Conner getting game-scripted out often given his putrid rushing stats since game 1. That leaves me with Lewis as my RB2 (or fat Penny or non-existent Ronald Jones), and that is not a good feeling for the playoffs.

If Conner gets back on track, I can easily trade him later for a WR. Hyde is on a 1 year deal, so I think they run him into the ground to take the pressure off Baker and slowly bring Chubb along. Chubb will take over next year imo barring injury.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

Which start do you guys like better for week 5?

Russell Wilson vs. Rams

or

Wentz vs. Minnesota

Wilson has been disappointing this season, but the Rams will be without Talib and Hawks will be getting Doug Baldwin back.

Wentz is still shaking off the rust, but Alshon Jeffrey will be back and Min defense has had a lot of injuries.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

Russell Wilson vs. Rams

or

Wentz vs. Minnesota

Wilson has been disappointing this season, but the Rams will be without Talib and Hawks will be getting Doug Baldwin back.

Wentz is still shaking off the rust, but Alshon Jeffrey will be back and Min defense has had a lot of injuries.

I would go with Wentz. Hawks line has looked awful so far.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

Russell Wilson vs. Rams

or

Wentz vs. Minnesota

I would start Wentz
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

^
Wentz for me. Minnesota's defense is not the same, they don't have Everson Griffen rushing the passer, and even with Griffen, they have been giving up something like 30 PPG on the road since the tail-end of last season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Russell Wilson vs. Rams

or

Wentz vs. Minnesota

I would start Wentz
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Russell Wilson vs. Rams

or

Wentz vs. Minnesota

I would start Wentz
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Whats your guys' thoughts on Calvin Ridley? is he for real?

I was offered Calvin Ridley for Matt Breida. I also have Mixon, Gurley & James White and my wrs are Mike Evans, Amari Cooper and Crabtree. I need to upgrade my wrs but I wanted to get people's thoughts on Ridley before accepting the trade
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

I was offered Calvin Ridley for Matt Breida. I also have Mixon, Gurley & James White and my wrs are Mike Evans, Amari Cooper and Crabtree. I need to upgrade my wrs but I wanted to get people's thoughts on Ridley before accepting the trade

He is for real, IMO, but I think he is more of a WR3 with WR2 upside on a hot streak.

Don’t like Crabtree in BAL, but I think that’s a fair trade.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

He is for real, IMO, but I think he is more of a WR3 with WR2 upside on a hot streak.

Yeah if it's PPR, White is gold, so your RB group is solid with 3 clear-cut starters. I'm not much of a Crabtree guy, and with Julio Jones allergic to the end zone, Ridley could keep scoring TD's. And with ATL's D decimated with injuries, they are going to have to chase points all year long.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Yeah if it's PPR, White is gold, so your RB group is solid with 3 clear-cut starters. I'm not much of a Crabtree guy, and with Julio Jones allergic to the end zone, Ridley could keep scoring TD's. And with ATL's D decimated with injuries, they are going to have to chase points all year long.

I’m high on Ridley long term, esp in dynasty, but at some point defenses will stop ingoring him. That will open up things more for Julio imo.

Long term though, Ridley a stud considering he already has more TDs in his past two games than Julio has since late two seasons ago lol
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

Interesting season and upcoming week. Some questions for everyone:

1. Who do you like going forward Clement or Smallwood in the Eagles backfield?

2. Tarik Cohen or Jordan Howard?

3. Are any Raiders fantasy relevant outside of Beastmode?

4. I see a huge fall back down to earth for Mahomes (and I have him). Anybody else agree? Schedule looks brutal.

5. Time to be worried about Julio?
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

4. I see a huge fall back down to earth for Mahomes (and I have him). Anybody else agree? Schedule looks brutal.

1. Clement
2. Howard
3. Maybe Jordy Nelson but probably not
4. I think he'll be a QB1 the rest of the way for sure, but maybe not posting the other-wordly numbers he was the first 4 weeks. The more film there is on him, the harder it'll be.
5. PPR no, Standard maybe look to trade him for a WR that might actually get targeted in the redzone more than once per season.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Thinking about trading Lev Bell. I've held out thus far because I'm pretty stacked at RB. Problem is, I'm very weak at WR and could use him to get either a top WR or a WR2 + 2019 draft pick.

Anyone else been holding on to him?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

^
Feels like this could be a blowup spot for Julio this week. Just my gut feeling. One of those 200 yard games.

I'd also prefer Clement slightly to Smallwood but it's close. Pederson is going to totally use a RBBC there, and neither guy will get huge touches, and he probably won't even commit to using one set guy at the goal line. They just sort of make it up as they go along.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Thinking about trading Lev Bell. I've held out thus far because I'm pretty stacked at RB. Problem is, I'm very weak at WR and could use him to get either a top WR or a WR2 + 2019 draft pick.

I moved him, Conner, Russell wilson last week for tyfreak and stafford.

If you’re going to move Bell, you better do it quick. The reason I moved him is because a) I couldnt wait and b) I was worried about a committee

There are reports there might be a committee now surfacing once Bell returns so his value is diminishing IMO.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I moved him, Conner, Russell wilson last week for tyfreak and stafford.

If you’re going to move Bell, you better do it quick. The reason I moved him is because a) I couldnt wait and b) I was worried about a committee

There are reports there might be a committee now surfacing once Bell returns so his value is diminishing IMO.

Bell doesn't need too many touches to do damage though. He offers more in the pass game too. But, I think I'll try to trade him.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Who in their right mind would use Bell in a committee? He is far too talented to be in a RBBC.

Either trade him or workhorse him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

1) Neither. Pederson loves RBBC. But if pressed, Clement by a hair.

2) Howard still for me

3) Carr on spot streams and Cooper and Nelson

4) Yes, I agree. Actually said this after week 2. I think he has 4 passing TDs in his past 3 games since and 3 of those came in 1 game. But Mahomes is legit, I just think he may go up and down like most young QBs do and in spite of the passing TDs, he’s still been decent with the legs.

One thing that worries me about KC, they did this last year when Kareem Hunt was blowing up the league in the first 5 weeks and they went 5-0. Then he (and the Chiefs) fell off hard. Hard to say if the same will happen with Mahomes but it’s possible.

5) Time to be worried about Julio was last season. But he’s still Julio. I wouldn’t worry more than I’d accept perhaps, who he is. Uber talented, but won’t get in the endzone as much as he should but still capable of huge week winning games.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Who in their right mind would use Bell in a committee? He is far too talented to be in a RBBC.

Either trade him or workhorse him.

Steelers may not have a choice. Bell could say, "Limit my touches, or I might get hurt and miss the playoffs " Also, it looks really bad if the coach completely shuts down Conner after the work he's put in. Even Ben is pushing for Conner to have a role if/when Bell returns.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

1) Neither. Pederson loves RBBC. But if pressed, Clement by a hair.

2) Howard still for me

3) Carr on spot streams and Cooper and Nelson

4) Yes, I agree. Actually said this after week 2. I think he has 4 passing TDs in his past 3 games since and 3 of those came in 1 game. But Mahomes is legit, I just think he may go up and down like most young QBs do and in spite of the passing TDs, he’s still been decent with the legs.

One thing that worries me about KC, they did this last year when Kareem Hunt was blowing up the league in the first 5 weeks and they went 5-0. Then he (and the Chiefs) fell off hard. Hard to say if the same will happen with Mahomes but it’s possible.

5) Time to be worried about Julio was last season. But he’s still Julio. I wouldn’t worry more than I’d accept perhaps, who he is. Uber talented, but won’t get in the endzone as much as he should but still capable of huge week winning games.

Agreed on all points except the Raiders. I wouldn't put any of those guys in my lineup, just too much inconsistency on the whole.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

Smallwood for now, isn’t Clement coming off of injury?

Howard, Cohen hasn’t shown much consistency though he has the talent. Plus there are rumors that Howard might soon be an Eagle.

Maybe Nelson?

No, Andy Reid has done great building an offense around Mahomes, I see him being a consistent 20 ppg fantasy option.

More worried about Ryan, he hasn’t looked good at all. Of course that affects Julio.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

Steelers may not have a choice. Bell could say, "Limit my touches, or I might get hurt and miss the playoffs " Also, it looks really bad if the coach completely shuts down Conner after the work he's put in. Even Ben is pushing for Conner to have a role if/when Bell returns.

Then trade him. Conners has proven he is a legit RB1 (for fantasy and practical purposes). Trade Bell and his headache. You could easily get 2 1st, maybe more.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 13 of 25
Jump to: