THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1167, 1168, 1169 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
The Dow is crashing and people are still talking about Kavanaugh?

Thanks to Trump and Tariffs and Gorging uber wealthy people so they would be his cucks

Welfare for the Wealthy is what Trump and Republicans are about

We are also talking about the people that are about to die in Florida

Fwiw, Kavanaugh made a disease like Trump stronger. So he will never be not talked about

Trump policies over inflated the stock market, this was bound to happen

Stock market is crashing and you're being a smartass

Trump gave how many Billions or is it Trillions in FREE MONEY to the already wealthy?

Here is budget and 2019 is a trillion dollars deficit...
Quote:

The budget deficit in fiscal 2018 (which runs from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018, the first year budgeted by President Trump) is forecast to be $804 billion, an increase of $139 billion (21%) from the $665 billion in 2017 and up $242 billion (39%) over the previous baseline forecast (June 2017) of $580 billion ...

Then you can see Federal receipts of taxes received is Way down.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:

In no way have I said that Trump is this stellar follower of Christ. He isn't. But his policies are very pro christian more so than any president in recent history. Jesus is pro life, he is pro Israel, he is pro family and he is anti world government. He loves people too.

Someone who is "pro family" doesn't go ripping young children away from their parents, our deport parents who are here legitimately on visas.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Jesus is coming back as Trump
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/five-high-school-mean-girls-targeted-boy-with-false-accusations-of-sexual-assault-lawsuit-claims
"The first girl accused the boy of assaulting her in July 2017 at the swimming pool. Another girl, named as Megan Villegas, the only one named in the suit because the others are minors, said she was present during the assault.

But the first girl later admitted making up the allegations, saying “I just don’t like him.”

She allegedly justified her decision to fabricate the allegations during a recorded interview with school officials that was obtained by Fishman. “I just don’t like to hear him talk. … I don’t like to look at him.”

This is why due process is important and we don't just blindly follow mob rule.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:

In no way have I said that Trump is this stellar follower of Christ. He isn't. But his policies are very pro christian more so than any president in recent history. Jesus is pro life, he is pro Israel, he is pro family and he is anti world government. He loves people too.

How can a person who sees no fault in any of his own actions repent to Jesus Christ?
If you can't see/acknowledge your own shortcomings. You can't repent.
Consider all the things Trump has said and done since taking office. He has given himself an A+. Literally perfection. He doesn't believe he's made a mistake. You can't be a Christian and see yourself as perfection.

And I am unfamiliar with Christ saying anything about world governments. What verse are you sourcing? Are you interpreting a metaphorical passage from Revelations?

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
This is on Trump and every Republican who supports and enables him. The breakdown of world order.

Washington Post Opinion: Welcome to the jungle

Quote:
Sometimes a particular event, the fate of a particular individual, becomes a symbol of a global, historical trend. The reported murder of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a Post contributor, in a consulate in Istanbul is one of those moments. It symbolizes the departure of the United States as a restraining force against evil actors in the world. Saudi Arabia is a small nation that cannot defend itself without the support of the United States, and therefore no Saudi leader would have made such a brazen move without confidence that Washington, once the leader of the liberal world order, would do nothing.

There have been many other similar warning signs: China’s arrest of the head of Interpol; the Burmese military’s campaign of genocide against the Rohingya; the systematic and deliberate slaughter of civilians in Syria, including by outlawed chemical weapons; the Russian invasion of Ukraine and seizure of Crimea. Nor is the rise of right-wing nationalist forces in Europe and elsewhere unrelated to the loss of strength and vitality among the democratic nations. Doubts about America have been reverberating across the globe for more than a decade, and others have been responding accordingly. When Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban spoke out to celebrate the “illiberal state” a few years ago, he claimed he was only responding to new realities: “the great redistribution of global financial, economic, commercial, political and military power that became obvious in 2008.”

So welcome to the breakdown of the liberal world order the United States once upheld. You’re seeing just the beginning.

World order is one of those things people don’t think about until it is gone. That’s what Americans learned in the 1930s, as what had remained of the old European order collapsed and the United States refused to step in either to prop it up or to replace it. That’s when Americans discovered that there are always dangerous people out there, lacking only the power and opportunity to achieve their destiny. They can be suppressed by a reasonably stable international order, whether of a Rome, a united Christendom, a European concert of powers or whatever might pass for “civilization” at a given time and place.

Quote:
During such times, they live under the rocks, but they are never gone. When the prevailing order breaks down, when the rocks are overturned, the things living beneath them, the darkest elements of the human spirit, crawl out. That was what happened in the first half of the 20th century. The circumstances in which Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini rose to power — a world in which no nation was willing or able to sustain any kind of international order — gave them ample opportunity to show what they were capable of.

Quote:
And how quickly might this happen? Quicker than we think. A character in Ernest Hemingway’s “The Sun Also Rises,” asked how he went bankrupt, responds, “Gradually and then suddenly.” That is a fair description of how the world order collapsed before the two world wars, and of how it likely will collapse in our own time. Welcome to the jungle.

And make no mistake, Trump embraces these dark forces and refuses to fight against them. Because he's is one of them. No, this is not hyperbole.

You comment is misleading. It is the dark forces that are behind he New World Order, it is they that have Luciferian ties while Trump ties are to the God of the Bible. Trump is on the side of the Light, pro life, pro Christian, pro Israel. Yes he is flawed but he is God's chosen proving God can use anyone. Many compare him to Cyrus who saved Israel but was not a preacher or prophet.

MY God!!! Not my normal response. You're either living under a rock, on another planet, being disingenuous or are just plain foolish. (Mods, If that term is not allowed please inform me via PM.) THIS is my vision of Jesus. Is it yours and Trumps? I don't think my God approves of what Trump stands for.

The radical progressive agenda is anti Christian. For Christians the choice is easy. Trump got 88% of the evangelical vote and will be higher in the next election. We will see what happens in the midterms as Trump has nationalized the elections around his policies. Traditional wisdom says there should be a blue wave. If the GOP is still in control after the midterms it will say a lot about where the country stands in terms of Trump and his policies.

That is rich. Not only is Trump the epitome of one who is anything but living in the spirit of Jesus, I'd say, if I believed in such nonsense, he has made a pact with the devil himself.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Thanks to Trump and Tariffs and Gorging uber wealthy people so they would be his cucks

Fwiw, Kavanaugh made a disease like Trump stronger. So he will never be not talked about

Trump gave how many Billions or is it Trillions in FREE MONEY to the already wealthy?

Quote:

The budget deficit in fiscal 2018 (which runs from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018, the first year budgeted by President Trump) is forecast to be $804 billion, an increase of $139 billion (21%) from the $665 billion in 2017 and up $242 billion (39%) over the previous baseline forecast (June 2017) of $580 billion ...

Calm freakin down, not being a smart ass at all, I never liked trumps tax break to the wealthy, but the market is overvalued, a correction was bound and needed to happen, I’m not even sure this is ‘thee crash’ Dow could go back up tomorrow, but the real adjustment is coming
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

FWIW. Boom and bust economies are a form of redistribution of wealth. Towards the top.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Quote:

Calm freakin down, not being a smart ass at all, I never liked trumps tax break to the wealthy, but the market is overvalued, a correction was bound and needed to happen, I’m not even sure this is ‘thee crash’ Dow could go back up tomorrow, but the real adjustment is coming

I don't know whose quote you are using, but in FY18, Obama had budget authority and was certainly directly responsible for the first few continuing resolutions. That congress is broken and can't pass a real budget means that the later resolutions, after inauguration, will be signed by the new president, even though the new president is making appointments and getting up to speed with all of the issues facing each of their departments. Also, considering that an incoming president will need to begin the next fiscal year budget process (beginning later in September) immediately upon entering office, they can't be sufficiently informed to make proper determinations for a budget already in effect.

In other words, the president with budget authority should get credit or blame for the last fiscal year of their presidency, even though part of it concludes with another president.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

The radical progressive agenda is anti Christian. For Christians the choice is easy. Trump got 88% of the evangelical vote and will be higher in the next election. We will see what happens in the midterms as Trump has nationalized the elections around his policies. Traditional wisdom says there should be a blue wave. If the GOP is still in control after the midterms it will say a lot about where the country stands in terms of Trump and his policies.

That is rich. Not only is Trump the epitome of one who is anything but living in the spirit of Jesus, I'd say, if I believed in such nonsense, he has made a pact with the devil himself.

Trump Doesn’t Fit Christian Standard For ‘Moral,’ Progressive Evangelicals Say
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
This is why due process is important and we don't just blindly follow mob rule.

No one here disagrees with this statement. The problem, however, is how one side tends to limit the definition of due process when it fits their agenda.

Due process is not just for the accused, it is for the accuser as well. Verifying one's allegations is just as important as disproving them.

So, when one says "I want due process," be careful what you wish for. True "due process" requires a complete and comprehensive inquiry, not a limited inquiry meant to ensure an outcome or one stained with bias in favor of one side or the other. True due process seeks the truth, regardless of which side the truth ultimately favors, or who ends up happy v. unhappy with the result in the end.

Based on this standard, neither Brett Kavanaugh nor his accusers received due process. And the fact that one side (the Republicans) wanted to ensure neither side did says a lot about what they thought could be found or revealed. And even worse than Kavanaugh, in our dally lives, too often the average citizen is deprived of due process. Whether its an employee who is harassed, a woman who is assaulted, a man false accused of a crime and a myriad of other injustices, too often the rich, the powerful and/or other corrupted influences step in to ensure that the real truth never comes out.

So, I, a liberal, want due process for Brett Kavanaugh and that accused teenage boy. However, that comes at the price of ensuring those who accused them receive just as much "due process" as well.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

There is definitely a fox echo in here

Where do they come up with this stuff?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I eliminated the quote tree. It's starting to get to long and spacious.

oldlakerfan wrote:

Quote:
In no way have I said that Trump is this stellar follower of Christ. He isn't.

On this we agree.
Quote:
But his policies are very pro christian more so than any president in recent history.

His policies are every thing Obama must go.

You call a person who fondles women, degrades opponents, is misogynistic, a racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, narcissistic wreck pro christian?
Quote:
Jesus is pro life,

How can you be pro life and drop the MOAB on a people? He's against abortion and he really doesn't care. It's a political position. He's against anything Obame.
Quote:
he is pro Israel,

What Donald really thinks about Israel LINK
Quote:
he is pro family

His boarder policies belie that. How can you be pro family and separate children from their families>
Quote:
and he is anti world government
Yes he is. He's pro plutocracy.
Quote:
He loves people too.

Donald loves Donald.

He's really has your head in the sand. I shelf you with those I label lemmings.
Quote:
The radical progressive agenda is anti Christian.

Define radical progressive.
Quote:
For Christians the choice is easy.

What Christians? I'm a Christian and my choice is not Trump. And yes, it's a easy choice.
Quote:
Trump got 88% of the evangelical vote and will be higher in the next election.

Really. Not according to this article. LINK
Quote:
We will see what happens in the midterms as Trump has nationalized the elections around his policies. Traditional wisdom says there should be a blue wave. If the GOP is still in control after the midterms it will say a lot about where the country stands in terms of Trump

If the GOP is still in control it will tell how far the county has regressed.

Yes we will see. I envision a Blue Wave.

Again fam please forgive my SAS winded post.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Who is this Jesus fellow and where is a copy of the interview?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

That's what happens in large, empty cavities.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

You'll find them in all versions of the Bible.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

so the echo comes straight from trump's head...I did not know that...Thank you sir*

*in my best Ed McMahon voice
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

the original fake news
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

the original fake news

I offer you Albert Camus.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Wait a minute LG is not a empty cavity!

paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

the senators in congress responsible for the tax cuts should be taken to jail. Tax cuts allowed companies to buy back shares, hand over RSUs to the company execs, and then tell employees in all hands meetings that tax cuts are treated differently based on accounting rules, and salary raises and bonuses are based on how well the company is doing and not on how much cash is brought back into the company due to more favorable tax laws. The Fox news pundits talked endlessly about how investments will grow because of these tax laws.

Meanwhile, trumpsters still hold on to the belief that trickle down economics works and jobs are about to pour back into the country because of ALL investments done due to tax cuts. Any day now and all that money will flow straight into your pockets.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

If Jesus was alive now. Trump would call him a socialist hippie.
Trump would be offended when Jesus talked about love, truth, and mutual respect. He'd think Jesus was backhandedly talking bad about him.

Trump would say, "I like saviors who didn't die or get captured. By the way if you heard the things I've heard about Jesus. I know all about him and Mary.. And I'm not talking about his mom. Speaking of his mom. Did you know she cheated on her husband? Some info will be coming out soon. And its a doozy!"
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
the senators in congress responsible for the tax cuts should be taken to jail. Tax cuts allowed companies to buy back shares, hand over RSUs to the company execs, and then tell employees in all hands meetings that tax cuts are treated differently based on accounting rules, and salary raises and bonuses are based on how well the company is doing and not on how much cash is brought back into the company due to more favorable tax laws. The Fox news pundits talked endlessly about how investments will grow because of these tax laws.

Meanwhile, trumpsters still hold on to the belief that trickle down economics works and jobs are about to pour back into the country because of ALL investments done due to tax cuts. Any day now and all that money will flow straight into your pockets.

It's okay because Trump is God's chosen one and he will bring on the Rapture, then all of Trump's supporters will float up to heaven and the rest of us godless, evil heathens will be left behind with Satan. Then when Satan's done with us, the Trumpsters will descend from heaven to live in eternity on the earth that's now hot as hell and uninhabitable due to global warming. Or something like that.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

So in the past when Native Americans were abused because of their race they would be forced to violence to get any respect

Now poli.. Republicans are trying and succeeding in violating the constitutional rights DEMANDED be afforded them by disqualifying their already cast votes because their reservations all use P.O. Boxes. No ballots recognized unless a physical street address

What should they do

Why in 2018 is this still happening

This is something the US Military should intervene in.
Roll in with APCs and arrest those responsible as fast as they can

Why is Racism acceptable to American Politicians
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
This is on Trump and every Republican who supports and enables him. The breakdown of world order.

Washington Post Opinion: Welcome to the jungle

Quote:
Sometimes a particular event, the fate of a particular individual, becomes a symbol of a global, historical trend. The reported murder of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a Post contributor, in a consulate in Istanbul is one of those moments. It symbolizes the departure of the United States as a restraining force against evil actors in the world. Saudi Arabia is a small nation that cannot defend itself without the support of the United States, and therefore no Saudi leader would have made such a brazen move without confidence that Washington, once the leader of the liberal world order, would do nothing.

There have been many other similar warning signs: China’s arrest of the head of Interpol; the Burmese military’s campaign of genocide against the Rohingya; the systematic and deliberate slaughter of civilians in Syria, including by outlawed chemical weapons; the Russian invasion of Ukraine and seizure of Crimea. Nor is the rise of right-wing nationalist forces in Europe and elsewhere unrelated to the loss of strength and vitality among the democratic nations. Doubts about America have been reverberating across the globe for more than a decade, and others have been responding accordingly. When Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban spoke out to celebrate the “illiberal state” a few years ago, he claimed he was only responding to new realities: “the great redistribution of global financial, economic, commercial, political and military power that became obvious in 2008.”

So welcome to the breakdown of the liberal world order the United States once upheld. You’re seeing just the beginning.

World order is one of those things people don’t think about until it is gone. That’s what Americans learned in the 1930s, as what had remained of the old European order collapsed and the United States refused to step in either to prop it up or to replace it. That’s when Americans discovered that there are always dangerous people out there, lacking only the power and opportunity to achieve their destiny. They can be suppressed by a reasonably stable international order, whether of a Rome, a united Christendom, a European concert of powers or whatever might pass for “civilization” at a given time and place.

Quote:
During such times, they live under the rocks, but they are never gone. When the prevailing order breaks down, when the rocks are overturned, the things living beneath them, the darkest elements of the human spirit, crawl out. That was what happened in the first half of the 20th century. The circumstances in which Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini rose to power — a world in which no nation was willing or able to sustain any kind of international order — gave them ample opportunity to show what they were capable of.

Quote:
And how quickly might this happen? Quicker than we think. A character in Ernest Hemingway’s “The Sun Also Rises,” asked how he went bankrupt, responds, “Gradually and then suddenly.” That is a fair description of how the world order collapsed before the two world wars, and of how it likely will collapse in our own time. Welcome to the jungle.

And make no mistake, Trump embraces these dark forces and refuses to fight against them. Because he's is one of them. No, this is not hyperbole.

You comment is misleading. It is the dark forces that are behind he New World Order, it is they that have Luciferian ties while Trump ties are to the God of the Bible. Trump is on the side of the Light, pro life, pro Christian, pro Israel. Yes he is flawed but he is God's chosen proving God can use anyone. Many compare him to Cyrus who saved Israel but was not a preacher or prophet.

The scariest thing about this post is that the person that wrote it can vote.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1167, 1168, 1169 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1168 of 3663
Jump to: