OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1191, 1192, 1193 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Made a short thread about some plays he made last night.
https://twitter.com/CanyonDriver/status/1050391167882256384

Great stuff, Mike, I'm a fan of your feed.

Did you have a chance to look at his tracking on Curry in any detail?

I don't have video strictly on Curry. But generally, I know he made a couple mistakes when he first got subbed in, and then played really well. I know Curry wasn't exactly playing 100% Curry because it's the preseason, but I was surprised with the defensive motor and awareness on Curry for the rest of the game for sure.

... that gives me an idea...

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
epak wrote:
Best off ball screener on the team too?

Arguably. Dude makes contact.

Lonzo is good but McGee is probably the best as of now. He's had two championship runs of doing that

I gotta pay more attention to McGee on his offball plays. I know he's great at rolling after his onball screens.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Great thread. Love the nuances of the game.
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

LONZO IS A FUNDAMENTALS MASTER!!!!!

HE WAS BORN TO BALL.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
epak wrote:
Best off ball screener on the team too?

Arguably. Dude makes contact.

Lonzo is good but McGee is probably the best as of now. He's had two championship runs of doing that

I gotta pay more attention to McGee on his offball plays. I know he's great at rolling after his onball screens.

I think McGee is going to have a career year That roll off the screen could be as effective as Harden and Capella I'm surprised more teams don't use it Ball reads it perfectly
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
pokoy wrote:
He's definitely faster than Rondo, and I don't even think he's running as fast as he can yet. Probably still getting into game shape. Dude is sneaky athletic.

Never got the Lonzo 's not athletic diss by the media That lob by Lebron for the dunk had me off my seat
thats because they were not actually WATCHING him at UCLA. they were reading the box scores and dont recall him being on sportscenter. so thats where that nonsense came from.

he's pretty darn athletic to be a 6'6 pg. meaning he's tall/long enough where he doesnt actually need to be athletic. yet he is. so its a bonus.

and I still dont think his lower body/core strength is any where near max at this point in time. If he ever worked on that and got that to the point of him being close to max or at max lower body/core. He would be constantly posterizing people. again, he is 6'6 at the pg spot. He would catch a lot of smalls and bigs off guard coming off a screen or on a fast break.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

I saw everything I wanted to see from Lonzo last night:

- Added weight doesn't seem to have affected his speed or explosion

- Allowed the Lakers to maintain consistent pace when Rondo sat

- Fantastic team D and solid moments of man D

- Dropped down for rebounds and helped keep opposing bigs off the glass even when he wasn't able to secure the rebound

- Appears more confident driving into the paint due to the added strength, which showed in the way that he easily bumped off Klay and finished a contested lay-up

- Despite the airball on his 1st attempt from behind the arc, the 2nd long-range jumper clearly showed a much smoother stroke that should hopefully lead to a higher shooting 3p% this year

- Similarly, I like his new FT shooting form, which should also hopefully lead to a better FT% this year.

Overall, I was extremely please with what I saw from Lonzo.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
pokoy wrote:
He's definitely faster than Rondo, and I don't even think he's running as fast as he can yet. Probably still getting into game shape. Dude is sneaky athletic.

Never got the Lonzo 's not athletic diss by the media That lob by Lebron for the dunk had me off my seat
thats because they were not actually WATCHING him at UCLA. they were reading the box scores and dont recall him being on sportscenter. so thats where that nonsense came from.

he's pretty darn athletic to be a 6'6 pg. meaning he's tall/long enough where he doesnt actually need to be athletic. yet he is. so its a bonus.

and I still dont think his lower body/core strength is any where near max at this point in time. If he ever worked on that and got that to the point of him being close to max or at max lower body/core. He would be constantly posterizing people. again, he is 6'6 at the pg spot. He would catch a lot of smalls and bigs off guard coming off a screen or on a fast break.

Hopefully, he has a healthy 2019 offseason and can work on increasing his lower body strength. I don't think he needs to get much bigger in his upper body, and we can already see how the added upper body strength has helped him in terms of absorbing contact in the paint.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
epak wrote:
Big question. What shoes was he wearing?

Kobe's.

I've noticed even last season the games he wore Kobe's he played much better than the ones he wore BBB. Or maybe I'm trippin.
you are correct.

maybe he was thinking to much about performing well while wearing his own shoe and ended up pressing a bit. it's possible. OR maybe the shoes were not that great on the performance side. so they were bothering his feet(also possible.)

Thats the risk you run when trying to become your own brand as a rookie. But I aint mad at him or the balls for trying it. Someone had to do it first. someone else will come along and do a better job at it and they will be looked at like geniuses when the balls are the ones who tried it first.

But he looked pretty good tonight to have not played real hoop for that long.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Hopefully, he has a healthy 2019 offseason and can work on increasing his lower body strength. I don't think he needs to get much bigger in his upper body, and we can already see how the added upper body strength has helped him in terms of absorbing contact in the paint.
exactly. you dont want him getting any bigger up top. can he be super tight with it? sure. but bigger? no. the legs are too thin to do that. you will end up with more knee and leg/feet/ankle issues. same thing happened when kobe bulked up after shaq left. he had to trim that down due to knee issues. he needs to really get the legs/core strong. that will make him more explosive and more confident in traffic.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

Lonzo for most improved player this year

12 pts, 8 assists, 8 rebounds per game

would it be enough?
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

would it be enough?

Woudn't be much more than his 10-7-7 of last year, even if improves efficiency...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

would it be enough?

I want 75-80 games played. Most important stat to me right now for him.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

would it be enough?

Woudn't be much more than his 10-7-7 of last year, even if improves efficiency...

12-8-8 at 45% and 37% with that defense, that's like Draymond
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

would it be enough?

I want 75-80 games played. Most important stat to me right now for him.

Yup. Dude impacts the game when he's on the floor period even if he isn't scoring. He and Kuz are kinda on opposite ends of the spectrum at this point. I'm still high on Kuz, but at this point, it seems that he doesn't bring much to the table if he isn't scoring. Lonzo, however, impacts the game in so many ways.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

Zo just feels different. The team just feels different when he is on the floor. Rondo had some of that too, but when either Zo or Lebron are on the floor, it just feels like a different team. He has to get 30+ minutes a game somehow.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:

- Dropped down for rebounds and helped keep opposing bigs off the glass even when he wasn't able to secure the rebound

- Appears more confident driving into the paint due to the added strength, which showed in the way that he easily bumped off Klay and finished a contested lay-up

- Despite the airball on his 1st attempt from behind the arc, the 2nd long-range jumper clearly showed a much smoother stroke that should hopefully lead to a higher shooting 3p% this year

- Similarly, I like his new FT shooting form, which should also hopefully lead to a better FT% this year.

Do you see him getting his starting spot back. I do at some point.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerSanity wrote:
Zo just feels different. The team just feels different when he is on the floor. Rondo had some of that too, but when either Zo or Lebron are on the floor, it just feels like a different team. He has to get 30+ minutes a game somehow.

Based on the limited sample size, I think Lonzo/Rondo can play well together, so I definitely think it's possible to get Lonzo 30+ minutes while keeping Rondo happy as well.
lawrance0618
Rookie
Rookie

Mike@LG wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I don't have video strictly on Curry. But generally, I know he made a couple mistakes when he first got subbed in, and then played really well. I know Curry wasn't exactly playing 100% Curry because it's the preseason, but I was surprised with the defensive motor and awareness on Curry for the rest of the game for sure.

Shout out all the way from Taiwan. I don't think I've posted anything here but your post is too good not to do so. Thank you, Mike.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

This kid is so good.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Do you see him getting his starting spot back. I do at some point.

Absolutely. He's clearly a better overall player than Rondo when healthy. Zo is also a better fit next to Lebron.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

but if his defense improves and he impacts wins he can qualify for most improved even if he doesn't average 18 pts a game
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Based on the limited sample size, I think Lonzo/Rondo can play well together, so I definitely think it's possible to get Lonzo 30+ minutes while keeping Rondo happy as well.

He can play with Rondo no problem and needs to be playing 35ish minutes come playoff time but cutting his workload to keep him healthy in the regular season might be the right move.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

He needs to start. Rondo is 32 and less athletic passing wise and IQ they are identical but Lonzo is better defensively and has youth on his side, theres no reason he shouldnt be the starter I would have Rondo keep that second unit in line with Kuzma in it.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

lawrance0618 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Shout out all the way from Taiwan. I don't think I've posted anything here but your post is too good not to do so. Thank you, Mike.

twitter blocked at work, is there other link to read this?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1191, 1192, 1193 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1192 of 1688
Jump to: