3pt Shooting - Do We have Enough???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

Or you could be a good 3 point shooting team and miss 29 or something in a row like the Rockets.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

I believe we have enough shooting.

Hart
KCP
Wagner
Mykhailiuk
Kuzma

All very good shooters!

More importantly, our shooters are versatile!!

They can do other things on the court besides simply spotting up behind the line for catch and shoot opportunities.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

The Nuggets do, they have enough shooting
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

The Nuggets scored like that when Jokic had an off night and they don't even have IT and MPJ yet. They will be a dangerous team this season.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject:

Not to make an overreaction thread, but I'm more concerned with our defense and rebounding than 3pt shooting.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:

Hart
KCP
Wagner
Mykhailiuk
Kuzma

All very good shooters!

They can do other things on the court besides simply spotting up behind the line for catch and shoot opportunities.

how does anyone know how good they are? kcp and beasly are the only proven shooters on this team. hart, wag, svi, kuz have not shown anything other than maybe par for the course shooting in the nba. i still dont understand why people think kuz and hart are going to be deadeye shooters from what they saw last year. and svi? so far...nothing. this is all hope right now. things need to be proven to even match any of this hype.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
NotHype wrote:

Hart
KCP
Wagner
Mykhailiuk
Kuzma

All very good shooters!

how does anyone know how good they are? kcp and beasly are the only proven shooters on this team. hart, wag, svi, kuz have not shown anything other than maybe par for the course shooting in the nba. i still dont understand why people think kuz and hart are going to be deadeye shooters from what they saw last year. and svi? so far...nothing. this is all hope right now. things need to be proven to even match any of this hype.

I try to be optimistic but yes you have a point.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

The Nuggets scored like that when Jokic had an off night and they don't even have IT and MPJ yet. They will be a dangerous team this season.

Nuggets offense was super simple too. Drive and kick or basically just pull up 3 pointer swoosh!

While Lakers had to work real hard on the half court just to get their 2 points.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

Nope. I think lack of shooting and questions at the Center position are going to hurt us this year. In the starting lineup...LeBron is probably the best and most reliable shooter. That's not a good thing, imo.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Nope. I think lack of shooting and questions at the Center position are going to hurt us this year. In the starting lineup...LeBron is probably the best and most reliable shooter. That's not a good thing, imo.

The most reliable shooter in the starting lineup is KCP, but he was off last night.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

A lack of ball movement doesn't help the shooting either. I worry more about the second unit getting smoked if neither is a priority.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:

damn. read that sentence again.
we're playing the game of basketball and our two problems are shooting and big men. like the two most powerful things in basketball. not good.

lebron has never been the most reliable shooter on the team. kcp if anyone. lebron has never been the most reliable shooter on any of his teams. his post moves yesterday...lol. the fades...lol!!

oh man....this year is going to be rough for me.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

we're playing the game of basketball and our two problems are shooting and big men. like the two most powerful things in basketball. not good.

lebron has never been the most reliable shooter on the team. kcp if anyone. lebron has never been the most reliable shooter on any of his teams. his post moves yesterday...lol. the fades...lol!!

My father was watching the game last night and his first impression was “they have no shooters what the hell was Magic thinking?”

I tried to argue it but I am starting to realize that he is probably right.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

My father was watching the game last night and his first impression was “they have no shooters what the hell was Magic thinking?”

from everything i have read, this is what magic lbj etc are saying...
they don't intend to outshoot the warriors (yikes)
they intend to focus on defense, rebounding, development
there's a strong belief that chemistry and playmaking (ie good passing) will counter teams that shoot well
they keep insisting to check (you, the fans, that is) your expectations. this is a looooooong process, a building process, etc. we're building something here (yes...a brick house).
there's hope that svi, mo, hart, kuz will surprise everyone with their klay-curry like skills.

this to me all sounds like a team that doesn't expect to win now, which is not an attitude laker fans are used to hearing. this is like raptors fan talk. "oh, i hope we make the playoffs" type stuff. ugh. this is very different than riles talking about winning again next year, or lbj's not1 not2 not3 etc thing. lbj is now preaching patience. ugh.

somehow, we are going to destroy teams with our fancy passing, getting like 80pts in the paint without our dominant big man. oh wait, kuz is playing center and lbj will be in the post! yay! lol. have you guys seen lbj in the post?! lol! you saw two of them yesterday, more to come.

btw, thank heavens for kcp and beasly, the two guys everyone is ignoring and has no hope or expectations for. lol.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
this to me all sounds like a team that doesn't expect to win now, which is not an attitude laker fans are used to hearing. this is like raptors fan talk. "oh, i hope we make the playoffs" type stuff. ugh. this is very different than riles talking about winning again next year, or lbj's not1 not2 not3 etc thing. lbj is now preaching patience. ugh.

I feel your pain. This is a transitional team. A big chunk of the roster will be gone next year. Assuming that we are reasonably healthy, we should make the playoffs, and then we’ll see what happens.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
NotHype wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

from everything i have read, this is what magic lbj etc are saying...
they don't intend to outshoot the warriors (yikes)
they intend to focus on defense, rebounding, development
there's a strong belief that chemistry and playmaking (ie good passing) will counter teams that shoot well
they keep insisting to check (you, the fans, that is) your expectations. this is a looooooong process, a building process, etc. we're building something here (yes...a brick house).
there's hope that svi, mo, hart, kuz will surprise everyone with their klay-curry like skills.

somehow, we are going to destroy teams with our fancy passing, getting like 80pts in the paint without our dominant big man. oh wait, kuz is playing center and lbj will be in the post! yay! lol. have you guys seen lbj in the post?! lol! you saw two of them yesterday, more to come.

btw, thank heavens for kcp and beasly, the two guys everyone is ignoring and has no hope or expectations for. lol.

It's astounding how many category errors you managed to make in this one paragraph.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
A lack of ball movement doesn't help the shooting either. I worry more about the second unit getting smoked if neither is a priority.

At least one of Rondo, Lozno, and LeBron will likely be in the games at all times, so that probably won't be as big a problem for the second unit during the regular season.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

At least one of Rondo, Lozno, and LeBron will likely be in the games at all times, so that probably won't be as big a problem for the second unit during the regular season.

Yeah, this is the least of my concerns for sure.. I think as they develop more chemistry, ball movement could easily become there biggest strength.. It is not going to look great from game 1 though for sure, it will take some time.

Defense is far and away my big concern.. This team will be capable of scoring as well as pretty much any other team in the NBA but how will they look on the defensive end, especially at the end of games? The potential is there, especially with Lebron and Rondo qb'ing them all and hopefully instilling it into the entire team.. It will take time and I have no problem as a fan seeing early struggles as long as I continue to see progress.

Personally I agree 100% with Magic and Lebron's outlook this year with using Defense and Rebounding as a mostly positionless core as the only chance to doing any damage THIS year. They could have signed some shooters instead but then you are trying to out shoot probably the greatest shooting team of all time.

They took a chance to go against the grain with a bunch of 1 year contracts and if it does not work out then you hope to sign a max player next year and can now compete with anyone in the nba as I believe the warriors are also going to lose a player or two after this season. I personally feel this currently constructed team can compete with any team in the league by seasons end besides probably the warriors but by the time we get to the playoffs everything will have changed for the better or worse and who knows how the top teams are looking after any trades, injuries, drama etc.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

29.6% so far. Down from 34.5% last season. LeBron is keeping the % from plummeting.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
29.6% so far. Down from 34.5% last season. LeBron is keeping the % from plummeting.

Yikes.

How many attempts per game this preseason compared to last year regular season?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:

laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

Actually this team can be pretty close.
What is missing is a steady scorer besides Lebron. Next year should take care of that. A second all star.
And a good second string center that can clog the middle and get rebounds.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

Yikes.

2018 - 19 Preseason

23.0 attempts per game

The only teams with lower attempts per game are

Bejing Ducks
San Antonio Spurs
Haifa Maccabi
Shanghai Sharks

The teams with lower 3 point percentages (made)

Memphis
Chicago
Detroit
Phoenix
Washington

Perth Wildcats
Bejing Ducks
Brooklyn Nets
Boston Celtics

New Zealand Breakers
Melbourne United

2017 - 18 Regular Season

Last season, 29.1 attempts per game and 34.5% made.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

Yikes.

2018 - 19 Preseason

23.0 attempts per game

Bejing Ducks
San Antonio Spurs
Haifa Maccabi
Shanghai Sharks

Memphis
Chicago
Detroit
Phoenix
Washington

Perth Wildcats
Bejing Ducks
Brooklyn Nets
Boston Celtics

New Zealand Breakers
Melbourne United

2017 - 18 Regular Season

percentage-wise, we have to be the worst or close to it for ft% and 3pt%. Even if not in the preseason, it will be within weeks of the seasons start.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

Yikes.

2018 - 19 Preseason

23.0 attempts per game

Bejing Ducks
San Antonio Spurs
Haifa Maccabi
Shanghai Sharks

Memphis
Chicago
Detroit
Phoenix
Washington

Perth Wildcats
Bejing Ducks
Brooklyn Nets
Boston Celtics

New Zealand Breakers
Melbourne United

2017 - 18 Regular Season

percentage-wise, we have to be the worst or close to it for ft% and 3pt%. Even if not in the preseason, it will be within weeks of the seasons start.

hm. Total ft & 3pt points made / total possible. Could get ugly.....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16
Jump to: