**OFFICIAL** 2018 Fantasy Foootball Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Smallwood for now, isn’t Clement coming off of injury?

Howard, Cohen hasn’t shown much consistency though he has the talent. Plus there are rumors that Howard might soon be an Eagle.

Maybe Nelson?

No, Andy Reid has done great building an offense around Mahomes, I see him being a consistent 20 ppg fantasy option.

More worried about Ryan, he hasn’t looked good at all. Of course that affects Julio.

Ya Clement has a quad injury. I also view Smallwood as the more powerful/goal-line type back.

Ryan really has looked awful save for one game.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

The Steelers will be lucky to get even a 2nd round pick for Le'Veon, because it's about contract status. Any team that trades for him cannot sign him to an extension, so there isn't going to be a robust market to give up huge assets for him. Even a 2nd might be pushing it, but I could see a team with either two 1st round picks next year or a team with two 2nd's pulling the trigger. It's also a case where the player has publicly put it out there that he's concerned about his health and doesn't want to overwork himself this year. If you trade for him, how do you know that he's going to be fully committed to you?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

1) Neither. Pederson loves RBBC. But if pressed, Clement by a hair.

2) Howard still for me

3) Carr on spot streams and Cooper and Nelson

4) Yes, I agree. Actually said this after week 2. I think he has 4 passing TDs in his past 3 games since and 3 of those came in 1 game. But Mahomes is legit, I just think he may go up and down like most young QBs do and in spite of the passing TDs, he’s still been decent with the legs.

One thing that worries me about KC, they did this last year when Kareem Hunt was blowing up the league in the first 5 weeks and they went 5-0. Then he (and the Chiefs) fell off hard. Hard to say if the same will happen with Mahomes but it’s possible.

5) Time to be worried about Julio was last season. But he’s still Julio. I wouldn’t worry more than I’d accept perhaps, who he is. Uber talented, but won’t get in the endzone as much as he should but still capable of huge week winning games.

Agreed on all points except the Raiders. I wouldn't put any of those guys in my lineup, just too much inconsistency on the whole.

Welll, I wouldn’t either but they are fantasy relevant. I also wouldn’t want Isaiah Crowell in my lineup, but, he is relevat within fantasy.

If you’re in a league wirh 3 WR slots, Cooper/Nelson is not a bad option there at WR3.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

^
Crowell is very startable again this week against the Colts.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^

Sure, as a flex. But I wouldn’t feel great about it.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

Having some trouble deciding between which RBs to start this week..

Do you guys agree with this?

Start:
Mixon vs Pit
CMC @ Was
Conner @ Cin

Sit:
DJ @ Min
Michel vs KC

i dont feel confident starting DJ vs Minnie's D. And idk I'm on the fence with Michel..

Last edited by LakersChamps04 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

What's your guys' take on the Saints RB situation? Specifically Kamara's rest of season outlook? Some are saying hes a buy low.. got me thinking about trading for him. Idk how I feel about David Johnson and after the week he had, I think I can sell high on him and wondering if I should trade him for Kamara.. There's that risk though that Kamara's production does go down as Ingram has fresher legs and what if Rosen can jump start that Cards Offense and David Johnson comes back to life.. trying to get others take on this
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
What's your guys' take on the Saints RB situation? Specifically Kamara's rest of season outlook? Some are saying hes a buy low.. got me thinking about trading for him. Idk how I feel about David Johnson and after the week he had, I think I can sell high on him and wondering if I should trade him for Kamara.. There's that risk though that Kamara's production does go down as Ingram has fresher legs and what if Rosen can jump start that Cards Offense and David Johnson comes back to life.. trying to get others take on this

Kamara is a stud. It was Ingram's first game back and I think they wanted to get him some run. Down the stretch last season, Kamara was the clear lead back and even got more goal line carries. I would definitely prefer him to DJ for the rest of the season.

By the way, in what kind of league do you have all of Mixon, CMC, Conner, Michel, and DJ? I'm in a league where my 2nd-best RB is either Smallwood or Chris Thompson or Kenyan Drake and it's not even PPR lol.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Having some trouble deciding between which RBs to start this week..

Do you guys agree with this?

Start:
Mixon vs Pit
CMC @ Was
Conner @ Cin

Sit:
DJ @ Min
Michel vs KC

i dont feel confident starting DJ vs Minnie's D. And idk I'm on the fence with Michel..

Yes. What a nice problem to have to have the luxury of sitting David Johnson and Sony Michel.

Is this a 2 team league?
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Ha right?! I drafted DJ with my 1st, CMC with my 2nd pick and Mixon with my 4th. I picked up Conner and Michel through waivers. I was winless and someone had stupidly dropped Michel and I pounced on him.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Ha right?! I drafted DJ with my 1st, CMC with my 2nd pick and Mixon with my 4th. I picked up Conner and Michel through waivers. I was winless and someone had stupidly dropped Michel and I pounced on him.

You must be playing with high school girls. But not the cheerleader type who overheard their boyfriend taking football and may have a modicum of an idea...more the band geek, fooseball? type.

Where did you pick Conner in all this? Who in tarnations are you WR?
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

So with news that Fournette will likely be out until week 10, I finally had enough and traded him for Mike Evans.

I now want to trade Mahomes for an RB. Who realistically should I shoot for?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
So with news that Fournette will likely be out until week 10, I finally had enough and traded him for Mike Evans.

I now want to trade Mahomes for an RB. Who realistically should I shoot for?

Wow, Evans for Fournette is like stealing. And Evans is in a blowup spot this week, too.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

You must be playing with high school girls. But not the cheerleader type who overheard their boyfriend taking football and may have a modicum of an idea...more the band geek, fooseball? type.

Where did you pick Conner in all this? Who in tarnations are you WR?

My receivers are mike evans demariyus and corey davis. i waited for demariyus to have a somewhat good game and traded him and royce freeman for keenan allen. I thought I made out good on that trade until I just saw your Fournette for Evans trade. thats crazy. Looks like your girls and my girls went to the same band camp haha
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Down 20 right now in my big money league. Ravens defense killing me right now. Titans offense is just terrible.

My opponent still has Brady. I have 3 Chiefs (Mahomes, Hill And Hunt) and Robbie Gould (k) left. Gonna be close
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Mariota sacked 8 times so far. It's still the 3rd quarter. Smh
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Mariota sacked 8 times so far. It's still the 3rd quarter. Smh

that's david carr-esque.

something is really wrong with that titans offense. disaster.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Down 20 right now in my big money league. Ravens defense killing me right now. Titans offense is just terrible.

My opponent still has Brady. I have 3 Chiefs (Mahomes, Hill And Hunt) and Robbie Gould (k) left. Gonna be close

I mean, the Baltimore D killed it, but your 3 Chiefs did epic! Did you pull that out?

Oh, and this is a reminder that I absolutely got eviscerated on Twitter last year when I tweeted that I'd rather have Tyreek Hill over Julio Jones. TD's since the start of last season: Tyreek Hill 14, Julio Jones 2. You would have thought that I was arguing that Tom Savage was a better QB than Drew Brees based on some of the reactions and comments I got.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

Question for everyone, 8 team league, start 1 QB, RB, WR, TE, Flex, K and DEF

I have both Brees and Mahomes. Brees just had his bye, would you look at trading Mahomes now and what would you expect back?

For RBs I have Hunt, Conner, Kamara and Hyde
For WRs I have Thielen, Jeffery, Agholor and DeSean Jackson
For TE I have J Cook

I feel with Le'Veon coming soon and Ingram now back, I'm thin at RB

You think trying for Gurley is too much for Mahomes?
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Sure, as a flex. But I wouldn’t feel great about it.

I actually dropped this guy just to avoid the temptation to play him. Let someone else live or die with his fantasy performances. I'll pass.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:

I have both Brees and Mahomes. Brees just had his bye, would you look at trading Mahomes now and what would you expect back?

For TE I have J Cook

I would try to move Mahomes yes. His value is super high and you can replicate, close enough, his numbers without him.

I'd package Mahomes with an RB2 for Gurley. I'd move Mahomes straight up for Mixon.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

I mean, the Baltimore D killed it, but your 3 Chiefs did epic! Did you pull that out?

Oh, and this is a reminder that I absolutely got eviscerated on Twitter last year when I tweeted that I'd rather have Tyreek Hill over Julio Jones. TD's since the start of last season: Tyreek Hill 14, Julio Jones 2. You would have thought that I was arguing that Tom Savage was a better QB than Drew Brees based on some of the reactions and comments I got.

Was down about 30 around the end of the 1st quarter. I was worried. Ended up PLUS 65.
killed it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Huskers wrote:

For TE I have J Cook

I would try to move Mahomes yes. His value is super high and you can replicate, close enough, his numbers without him.

I'd package Mahomes with an RB2 for Gurley. I'd move Mahomes straight up for Mixon.

You would package a player with a 10 - 15 shelf life (Mahomes) 16.4 million for one with a 5 - 7 year shelf life (Gurley) 60 million, 45 million guaranteed?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Huskers wrote:

For TE I have J Cook

You would package a player with a 10 - 15 shelf life (Mahomes) 16.4 million for one with a 5 - 7 year shelf life (Gurley) 60 million, 45 million guaranteed?

FF, yes where it's just a one season thing. Dynasty league, or not FF, I'd see why you wouldn't.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Huskers wrote:

For TE I have J Cook

Huh? This is the fantasy football thread yo.

In redraft and keeper, it’s a no brainer to trade Mahomes for Gurley.

In dynasty, I dunno. I still might do it depending on who I have at QB. If I have say Rodgers and Mayfield, then I do it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 14 of 25
Jump to: