OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/1050211408023937024

Reminds me of Lonzo and LeBron chatting up after the Cavs and Lakers game last year.

If he's really gonna leave, i don't know why people think he comes here. The Clippers can offer a team of his own, a second max slot for another star, and making the pitch will be the guy that convinced him to leave OKC.

KD/Kawhi on the Clippers?

Rather have KD on the Knicks but I think we have a shot
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Reminds me of Lonzo and LeBron chatting up after the Cavs and Lakers game last year.

If he's really gonna leave, i don't know why people think he comes here. The Clippers can offer a team of his own, a second max slot for another star, and making the pitch will be the guy that convinced him to leave OKC.

yeah cause he has the history of joining and creating his own team? smh

u r talking about the guy who joined a super loaded warriors

It’s also obvious that Durant respects the Lakers a lot more then the Clippers, he’s really close with Bron and probably Ingram to, no way he goes to the Clippers.. if they get anyone it will be Irving or Kawhi.. guys who want to prove they can lift expectations, Durant doesn’t need to prove that anymore.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I honestly don’t believe the talk that West is all of a sudden gonna bring FAs to the Clippers, he was with Memphis and I don’t recall him ever bringing anyone significant in his timeline, they didn’t even make the finals when they had a nice team. the Warriors were a different story they already had good pieces in place to make a run without West’s guidance.

He brought KD to the Warriors. Nuff said. He might not have convinced a superstar to come to Memphis, but he might have an easier time bringing one to LA.

West did not bring KD to the Warriors, it was Green talking with him that propelled him to join the Warriors, you guys are so attached to guys with Lakers history that you hype them up for no reason. West doesn’t have that magic flair anymore.. it’s quite obvious.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I honestly don’t believe the talk that West is all of a sudden gonna bring FAs to the Clippers, he was with Memphis and I don’t recall him ever bringing anyone significant in his timeline, they didn’t even make the finals when they had a nice team. the Warriors were a different story they already had good pieces in place to make a run without West’s guidance.

He brought KD to the Warriors. Nuff said. He might not have convinced a superstar to come to Memphis, but he might have an easier time bringing one to LA.

West did not bring KD to the Warriors, it was Green talking with him that propelled him to join the Warriors, you guys are so attached to guys with Lakers history that you hype them up for no reason. West doesn’t have that magic flair anymore.. it’s quite obvious.

Lol "it's quite obvious." If only i had your perspicacity, IG.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Okay, so since you're so beholden to his history, he can only join a juggernaut that's won a title without him. So that rules out the Lakers unless they win this year. Gotcha.

Three years ago you would laughed off the notion of him joining the Warriors since he "had a history of a staying with the team that drafted him."

never said about title but a loaded team.

smh
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Okay, so since you're so beholden to his history, he can only join a juggernaut that's won a title without him. So that rules out the Lakers unless they win this year. Gotcha.

Three years ago you would laughed off the notion of him joining the Warriors since he "had a history of a staying with the team that drafted him."

smh

A guy's "history" means nothing. What about LeBron's history made him joining the Lakers the obvious choice? He joined the Heat with two superstars and some vets and then made the Cavs trade for Kevin Love while shipping all youth and future picks for vets. Now more than half the guys on his team are barely drinking age.

Players change their priorities as they get older. LeBron winning a title in Cleveland enabled him to leave that team and go wherever he wanted. KD threepeating... But not getting the credit of winning with a team that could already win without him changes his. Even though he was the Finals MVP, it's still Steph's team. At any rate, it's absurd to apply the rules of what a ringless guy did at age 27 to what he'll do at age 30 with three rings.
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Well I'm starting to think it's KD or bust for us next season. The other elite FAs seem to want to team up with other elite FAs closer to their age, and KD seems to be the one closest to Lebron who would be okay with taking on that "challenge" of playing with Lebron. I mean he already took one heel turn, what's another one?

I'm also starting to just enjoy our team now as currently constituted. This is a much better team the Bron's in Cleveland I think, playing in a better system, with more room to grow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kinda weird and comical that 3 teams last year who were seen as teams on the rise (Wolves/Pelicans/Pacers) might take a step back this year, although there is a argument that Pacers might be better but losing there heart and soul of the team in Lance will hurt them... this is why you gotta be a master when it comes to keeping a team without ruining there moral.

I would reserve opinion on the Pel's also...Randle, Davis and Holiday have looked good....Payton looked solid the last game. Have to see where they are in January.

Elfrid did look good
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Well I'm starting to think it's KD or bust for us next season. The other elite FAs seem to want to team up with other elite FAs closer to their age, and KD seems to be the one closest to Lebron who would be okay with taking on that "challenge" of playing with Lebron. I mean he already took one heel turn, what's another one?

I'm also starting to just enjoy our team now as currently constituted. This is a much better team the Bron's in Cleveland I think, playing in a better system, with more room to grow.

Team as currently constructed is a title contender, adding KD basically puts the cherry on top and gives us a chance at championships for the next serveral years.

even ESPN was gushing over the Lakers win over the Warriors last night and wondered rather we can play with them this year up to there level.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/nbcsports/status/1050542837157253120?s=21
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kinda weird and comical that 3 teams last year who were seen as teams on the rise (Wolves/Pelicans/Pacers) might take a step back this year, although there is a argument that Pacers might be better but losing there heart and soul of the team in Lance will hurt them... this is why you gotta be a master when it comes to keeping a team without ruining there moral.

I would reserve opinion on the Pel's also...Randle, Davis and Holiday have looked good....Payton looked solid the last game. Have to see where they are in January.

Elfrid did look good

His jersey sale is going to be through the roof now
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Laker bound
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

smh

A guy's "history" means nothing. What about LeBron's history made him joining the Lakers the obvious choice? He joined the Heat with two superstars and some vets and then made the Cavs trade for Kevin Love while shipping all youth and future picks for vets. Now more than half the guys on his team are barely drinking age.

Players change their priorities as they get older. LeBron winning a title in Cleveland enabled him to leave that team and go wherever he wanted. KD threepeating... But not getting the credit of winning with a team that could already win without him changes his. Even though he was the Finals MVP, it's still Steph's team. At any rate, it's absurd to apply the rules of what a ringless guy did at age 27 to what he'll do at age 30 with three rings.

The bold is patently false, but I agree with your general point.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

SAS: From what I heard, that’s why Anthony Davis is with Rich Paul and Klutch Sports... its because he’s looking at LA, NY, or Boston

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BnT1ApZhIxc
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

The expected outcome all along, once he didn't sign the mega-deal he could have with them.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Playing GM, I would have kept Lopez over Beasley... I really only see Beasley helping out when someone gets injured. Lopez would have been an asset on a nightly basis...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
Playing GM, I would have kept Lopez over Beasley... I really only see Beasley helping out when someone gets injured. Lopez would have been an asset on a nightly basis...

I think most here would concur with you...

I don't know if KCP was forced upon or we really felt like overpaying on another 1 year deal was our best use of the money, but I wish that money went to Julius. If not forced upon us, that would have been my GM move.

Hopefully though Beasley has some of those games where he just get hot and takes over games for short minute spurts.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
SAS: From what I heard, that’s why Anthony Davis is with Rich Paul and Klutch Sports... its because he’s looking at LA, NY, or Boston

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BnT1ApZhIxc

Wonder how Lebron would feel about Klutch steering him to Boston. To the Knicks? That would be savvy...

People don't seem to want to admit this, but Knicks are in a situation very similar to ours. They're gonna have some great young pieces (Porzingis, Knox, Ntilikinia, Mitchell Robinson, and a likely top 5 pick next year) and very well-regarded coach to surround a max free agent. In a cakewalk conference that could potentially see another superstar defection if Kawhi walks next season.

They have the salary slot to sign KD or Kawhi, and the pieces to trade for Anthony Davis.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think anyone is gonna go to the Knicks until they start winning, and I highly doubt the Pelicans want anyone on the Knicks roster for AD unless the Knicks are willing to include there prized prospect Porgz, Knox isn’t close to the value AD seeks in a trade and Mitchell Robinson and Nitilikina will likely only be good role players so not enough value.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t think anyone is gonna go to the Knicks until they start winning, and I highly doubt the Pelicans want anyone on the Knicks roster for AD unless the Knicks are willing to include there prized prospect Porgz, Knox isn’t close to the value AD seeks in a trade and Mitchell Robinson and Nitilikina will likely only be good role players so not enough value.

A lack of winning did not discourage Lebron from coming here. Also, I didn't know AD not only has the authority to approve trades for himself, but he will reject the trade if not enough value is going out. Thank you as always for the spectacular reporting.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

A lack of winning did not discourage Lebron from coming here. Also, I didn't know AD not only has the authority to approve trades for himself, but he will reject the trade if not enough value is going out. Thank you as always for the spectacular reporting.

I think he's saying that the Pelicans can find a better package for AD than one that's headlined by Knox.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I think he's saying that the Pelicans can find a better package for AD than one that's headlined by Knox.

It all depends on whether Boston would back down from "we're not resigning in Boston" threats.

But a package of Knox + Next year's Knicks pick (top 5, maybe top 3 if they win the lottery) plus a future pick + Ntilikina + Mitchell Robinson is a decent package. If they sign KD or Kawhi with that max slot, they have a pretty ferocious team.

And yes, that narrowly beats our "Josh Hart + Mo + picks" package that i've seen kicked around here lol.

Btw, have people seen Knox play this preseason? He might be pretty damn good. Better than anything we'd offer as long as Lonzo and BI aren't being included in deals (and yes, that includes Kuzma).
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

IF Durant does come to our team next year, are we willing to give up ALL (probably) of our kids to S&T for Davis?

I feel like we're set if we get either Durant or Leonard next year.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Arbitrary wrote:
IF Durant does come to our team next year, are we willing to give up ALL (probably) of our kids to S&T for Davis?

I feel like we're set if we get either Durant or Leonard next year.

I still haven't seen a coherent argument as to why Durant leaves the Warriors, leaving one of the greatest, if not THE greatest team of all time (or at least furthering that claim) AND giving up a ton of money to come here. If he's giving up all that, it's for his own legacy. What does playing Robin to Lebron, and once again not even being one of the Top 2 most revered players on the team by its own fans, do for him? So he can say he helped a different superstar win another title? How does that quell all the stuff said about him now?

Meanwhile, he goes to the Knicks or Clippers, he gets primary credit for any titles won. He becomes THE guy of that team. Even if they get AD later (same reason Lebron will get first credit if we sign another star--he got the ball rolling). And anyone saying the Clippers and Knicks aren't winning enough to attract him obviously spaced out on the last 5 years around here.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

If AD is the prize then I'd reluctantly give up BI and Kuz if that's what it would take.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 111 of 8560
Jump to: