THANK YOUJAVALE MCGEE!!! (Traded to Cleveland)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Very active so far, doesn't look winded at all

Looks winded to me.
But love his productivity. Hope he could play more if physically able.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

Not sure where to post this but we single handily might have made 2 WC teams weaker by getting McGee from GS and Rondo from the Pelicans, it was awesome hearing the commentators talk about how the Pelicans will miss Rondo, GS might miss McGee if Cousins doesn’t play this season, he played a key role during the 2018 finals.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
governator wrote:
Very active so far, doesn't look winded at all

Looks winded to me.
But love his productivity. Hope he could play more if physically able.

u think so? I thought he outrun Jokic multiple times down the court these 2 games
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Most underrated signing.

Warriors no longer have that 1st/3rd quarter shot blocker and easy lob guy running the floor. Their defense is going to be giving up more layups and fastbreak points than last season.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Lightskinned Flint brothers with Kuz. I hope JaVale sticks around for several years as a Laker.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject:

He even said in a recent interview he would love to be given 30 mpg this season. so it doesn't seem like he is too worried about it at all, he said it with zero hesitation.

Our problems at center against bigger teams look much much better if that is true. i wouldn't mind seeing him get closer to around 20 against a lot of teams but them ramp it up to that 30ish mark against the bigger teams if they feel he can do it effectively for a full season.

you cant just say he has "asthma" like it is some blanket statement though. it can vary greatly from person to person and I highly doubt anyone here knows the exact details of his specific case. he could even feel like he can consistently play that much but when you suddenly have a tough time breathing and playing an active sport you can't just "tough it out".
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

Video: JaVale McGee's Strong Preseason

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/10/12/17966648/laker-film-room-javale-mcgee-strong-preseason-lakers-video-breakdown-highlights-stats-rajon-rondo
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
He even said in a recent interview he would love to be given 30 mpg this season. so it doesn't seem like he is too worried about it at all, he said it with zero hesitation.

Our problems at center against bigger teams look much much better if that is true. i wouldn't mind seeing him get closer to around 20 against a lot of teams but them ramp it up to that 30ish mark against the bigger teams if they feel he can do it effectively for a full season.

you cant just say he has "asthma" like it is some blanket statement though. it can vary greatly from person to person and I highly doubt anyone here knows the exact details of his specific case. he could even feel like he can consistently play that much but when you suddenly have a tough time breathing and playing an active sport you can't just "tough it out".

He rim runs, jumps over the backboard, etc. He is exerting a LOT more energy than most bigs who seem to conserve it. I think he's best when he's going 100% in smaller clips, like 15-16mpg.

Play him 25-30mpg and I think we're getting a diminished version of JaVale.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
hype wrote:

He rim runs, jumps over the backboard, etc. He is exerting a LOT more energy than most bigs who seem to conserve it. I think he's best when he's going 100% in smaller clips, like 15-16mpg.

But is a diminished/tired Mcgee still more valuable than Zu/Moe and extended small ball lineups? It very well may be the case.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
hype wrote:

But is a diminished/tired Mcgee still more valuable than Zu/Moe and extended small ball lineups? It very well may be the case.

And usually a diminished/fatigued player is prone to more injury. I worry a bit about how his body will handle starting and playing more minutes given his play style (elite jumper).
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
hype wrote:

And usually a diminished/fatigued player is prone to more injury. I worry a bit about how his body will handle starting and playing more minutes given his play style (elite jumper).

It is def. not ideal, that's for sure. For all we know, his body might not even let him regardless of him wanting too play more. I believe we'll eventually sign another veteran big man at some point this season (Hopefully). I don't think it's a good idea at all to ramp it all the way up to 30mpg regardless but to try at 20 and then ramp it up closer to 30 against the few good teams with legit bigs would be perfect if it was possible imo. All those concerns are very real though because losing him to injury for an extended stretch would be brutal.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Did y'all see JaVelle barking at Zu from the sideline? Not sure why he was upset with Zu, but I didn't expect that kind of leadership from JaVelle. I didn't expect him to hit that corner 3 either.

I'm #TeamJaVelle
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Did y'all see JaVelle barking at Zu from the sideline? Not sure why he was upset with Zu, but I didn't expect that kind of leadership from JaVelle. I didn't expect him to hit that corner 3 either.

I'm #TeamJaVelle

The next play Zu made a basket you could also hear him yell "There you go!" at Zu.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

He was showing that all-around game tonight.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Most underrated signing.

Warriors no longer have that 1st/3rd quarter shot blocker and easy lob guy running the floor. Their defense is going to be giving up more layups and fastbreak points than last season.
I agree one of the best rim protectors in the league runs the floor plays within himself I really like the way he's playing Lebron and Lonzo are going to get him a lot of easy slams.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject:

That range tho
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
That range tho

From Shaqtin to Splashin

Way to go McGee
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

Really love this pickup for the minimum. Would absolutely love him back next season too.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:

I'm #TeamJaVelle

He wasn't upset with Zu. Zu got Quinn Cook switched on to him and sealed him under the basket and they didn't pass him the ball. JaVale was yelling at Zu to yell at his teammates to get him the (bleep) ball.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

No more Shaqin a fool for TNT crew McGee looks focused and is playing good basketball.
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Have we just completely underrated this guy?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

yammy1688 wrote:
Have we just completely underrated this guy?

The league has and also the fans, people are acting like GS losing McGee is nothing... there is no way his market value should be the veterans minimum especially when players like Mozgov get 65M
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

One half. But best center since Pau/Bynum.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Javale killed it in the first half. So fun to watch.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

So I guess I'm the only one who didn't think JaVale was awesome?? His rebounding was bad and our team rebounding was, and his defense was bad (getting beat repeatedly and getting 2 blocks after getting beat doesn't qualify as good defense for me). He had a few nice dunks though?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 15 of 44
Jump to: