OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 343, 344, 345 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I never understand why people overreact like this. Sometimes when it's a new year a player can start a little slow. It happens. Don't overreact or over-analyze it. Kuz is fine.

It is the way of LG.
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

Kuz is trying out a bunch of new things in the preseason.

He is concentrating on defense and playing multiple positions including the 5

He looking to set up teammates and focusing on passing more.

He is getting used to playing with a bunch of new faces.

Has he found his grove yet? No but so what if he hasn't

It is going to take time for the team to jell and for Kuz to figure out what he can and can't do well and make adjustments to fix any issues where appropriate or don't put him him positions where is is not strong.

We know he can score and get open shots. We know he has a bunch of low post moves and can score down low. We know he is much stronger.

He seems like he has improved his passing and playmaking. As for defense we know he is trying harder and will eventually get better.

As for playing extended minutes at the 5 I am not a big believer but I do think that on a switch he will be better defending the position and if we are truly switching on defense he will be okay there for short periods of time against certain centers.

Kuz will take a big step forward this year but right now he looks to be feeling his way through things and that may take a bit of time.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

I hope that Kuz is just trying different things and adjusting to the additional tasks of playing the 5 here and there. So far I have not seen the improvement I expected from him after all the talk about his workouts this summer. He kinds looks like the same player he was last year, heck he still travels once per game like he did last season.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
I hope that Kuz is just trying different things and adjusting to the additional tasks of playing the 5 here and there. So far I have not seen the improvement I expected from him after all the talk about his workouts this summer. He kinds looks like the same player he was last year, heck he still travels once per game like he did last season.

I don't think players transform like that, man. A lot of players work super hard these days, that's the culture that's been instilled by legends like Kobe...

Kuz is def quicker, probably more bounce.. a bit better handle maybe.
That, with 1-2% increase in 3pt shooting. That makes a really good 20ppg offensive player.
He hasn't looked like it after 3 preseason games, so what. maybe it clicks 20 games into the regular season. Maybe it clicks next year.
Kuz didn't have far to go to be a 20ppg guy, and I'm pretty sure he's making strides to get there.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject:

love Kuz and all but he's probably below Ingram, Ball and Hart. his shot looks off and if that's off then he doesn't offer much.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

I'm almost certain if Kuz were playing the same role as last year we'd be seeing a different player out there. We should be patient, it's going to take time for him to make the necessary adjustments.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
love Kuz and all but he's probably below Ingram, Ball and Hart. his shot looks off and if that's off then he doesn't offer much.

that's how preseason goes for a good majority of players, man

On 3pointers
Jaylen Brown 18% last year 20% this year.
Harden 23% last year
Kuzma 24% last year
Beal 29%, 22%
Ingles 23% last yr
O. Porter 20% last yr
Ingram 19% last yr
Hart 22% last yr
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I'm almost certain if Kuz were playing the same role as last year we'd be seeing a different player out there. We should be patient, it's going to take time for him to make the necessary adjustments.

Waaaaaaay different role
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

The role of gunner on a tanking team? We don’t need to go back to that. I am disappointed that the defensive progress he made last season seems to be on the back burner so far. And no, players don’t experiment with not playing defense in the preseason. But the big disappointment is on the boards, he needs to commit to rebounding, that is a big weakness on this team.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

I hope I'm wrong but I feel that the coaching staff is really holding Kuz back last two years. Here's a kind that shot lights out from the summer league and has so much confidence in him and what did the coaching staff do? His game translated to the NBA game. They played mind games with this kid and asked him to do more / other things. It's seldom they compliment this kid.

Just let the kid be the kid and get his confidence. Other aspects of his game will surely follow as he progresses. Too much on his plate imho. Look at Mitchell, they just let them do,what he does best and see how he plays now? He's just a smooth as a veteran.

Confidence is key in the NBA.

My .2 cents.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Just speaking from a common sense perspective, I would think it takes time to implement what's he been working on over the summer in live NBA game action. Whether it's scrimmages or pickup games, there's no proper substitute for simulating actual NBA gameplay, so it's going to be a process yet. Don't rule out in-season improvement from not just Kuz, but BI and the others.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
I hope I'm wrong but I feel that the coaching staff is really holding Kuz back last two years. Here's a kind that shot lights out from the summer league and has so much confidence in him and what did the coaching staff do? His game translated to the NBA game. They played mind games with this kid and asked him to do more / other things. It's seldom they compliment this kid.

Just let the kid be the kid and get his confidence. Other aspects of his game will surely follow as he progresses. Too much on his plate imho. Look at Mitchell, they just let them do,what he does best and see how he plays now? He's just a smooth as a veteran.

Confidence is key in the NBA.

My .2 cents.

Im no X’s & O’s person, but based on Kuz’s Mom’s comments last season, they don’t run any plays for Kuz. One thing to keep in mind though is, regardless of how the coaches want Kuz to play, by mid season he’ll be the player Lebron needs him to be. So if wants Kuz to play like Korver or Love and wait for corner 3’s, then that’s what he’ll be doing, regardless of what Luke wants. It’s just the honest truth.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Good to see Kuz find his stroke.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Kuz was strokin it in the 2nd half. He really thrived in that lineup with Rondo, Zo, BI, and Javale
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

He's not a C. Let's stop with the nonsense. Sign a backup C or something.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Kuz will be best not playing next to Lance and Beas.
We can only have one.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

The role of gunner on a tanking team? We don’t need to go back to that. I am disappointed that the defensive progress he made last season seems to be on the back burner so far. And no, players don’t experiment with not playing defense in the preseason. But the big disappointment is on the boards, he needs to commit to rebounding, that is a big weakness on this team.

Not sure how you got the impression that I was saying we should go back to anything lol.. I'm simply saying he's playing a different role, one he's never played before. It's going to take him some time to adjust, that is if he's even capable. If not, I wouldn't be too hard on him. He's already shown he could be one hell of a 3/4.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
He's not a C. Let's stop with the nonsense. Sign a backup C or something.

Yeah, Luke is getting too cute with this experiment. He needs to pressure Maginka to get a real backup C
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

I gotta say, I'm worried he won't be a plus player this year. Not a fan of his defense at all
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I gotta say, I'm worried he won't be a plus player this year. Not a fan of his defense at all

Especially if Luke keeps playing him out of position.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject:

I don't really think Kuzma's issues have much to do with his position. He's missing shots he made last year, both from deep and at the rim, and the improvements everyone was trying to sell us on haven't shown up yet.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Just speaking from a common sense perspective, I would think it takes time to implement what's he been working on over the summer in live NBA game action. Whether it's scrimmages or pickup games, there's no proper substitute for simulating actual NBA gameplay, so it's going to be a process yet. Don't rule out in-season improvement from not just Kuz, but BI and the others.

100%.

It was just last preseason that I (along with many others, there are tweets, podcasts out there to prove this) thought Ingram was a bust and that he was going to be just as bad or worse last season than he was his rookie year. He was trying to be to go-to scorer during all of the preseason and early in the regular season and it just looked horrible.

Then something changed, whether Luke finally changed his role or Ingram decided to just let the game come to him and stop forcing things, and it clicked.

All these guys now are changing their game doing something different than they're used to because of all the roster changes. It was inevitable to see some "regression" from some. But don't underestimate what happens when players finally get comfortable in their roles.

TL;DR Kuz will be fine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Agree, he showed some improvement last year as the season progressed but that isn’t evident now.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Kuz just needed a little lonzo in his life, that's all.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

Don't like him playing center till now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 343, 344, 345 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 344 of 880
Jump to: