OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1221, 1222, 1223 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
I can legit see Ingram breaking 20 ppg with his FT improved alone.

If he can shoot 3.5-4 3 pointers a game at a 35% or better clip, plus his FT rate/%, he can get there.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

LOL @ this jump should've happened last year.

Going from 9 points to 20+ in a year was never gonna happen.

Don't understand what Vader wanted him to do last year. With being 20, on a non playoff team with no vet star to guide him.

3rd year is usually the year that guys make that leap.

As for 20ppg i think it's possible. But lebron is gonna get his and I think kuz is gonna be gunning off the bench so i think he could actually get to 20 plus more often than not.
a consistent 18-5-3 would be nice from BI. We need him to help rebound. we've been one of the worse if not the worst rebounding team in preseason. (I think memphis is the only worse team)
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Don't understand what Vader wanted him to do last year. With being 20, on a non playoff team with no vet star to guide him.

As for 20ppg i think it's possible. But lebron is gonna get his and I think kuz is gonna be gunning off the bench so i think he could actually get to 20 plus more often than not.
a consistent 18-5-3 would be nice from BI. We need him to help rebound. we've been one of the worse if not the worst rebounding team in preseason. (I think memphis is the only worse team)

Paging Magic Johnson. Paging Magic Johnson.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers won, Ingram had 26 points but it's only acceptable if Brandon had attempted one more 3, make or miss? This is where I don't understand the obsession with 3 pointers.

Because looking back at the past few champions, that's where they have excelled.

I wouldn't put too much stock into a preseason game to gauge how we would fare in a tight playoff game. That's where emphasizing the sound strategy of taking open 3s need to come in. We aren't going to beat the Warriors and even Houston trading 2s for 3s.

You're suggesting that Ingram should basically make one 3 pointer every game. If he's trading 2s for 3s, that's a difference of one point.

You said that you don't understand the obsession with 3 pointers as a whole. Yes with BI it may be 1 made 3, but team-wide, that's much more.

I was responding to a post about Ingram. There's no one else on the team who people insist needs to shoot more 3s.

If he is going to depend on drawing fouls like that in a playoff, then I have some DRoz tape to show you.

DeRozan has played on low rated teams and in the playoffs he had to go up against other teams with more clout. So he stops getting the benefit of the doubt calls he got in the regular season against the Orlando's and Charlotte's of the league.

BI shouldn't have that problem.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I wasn't looking for a specific number of points or any statistics. I would never measure a young player looking to find himself that way. Ingram never showed me traits of being a superstar; and I've been waiting for it. The kid has had excellent mentorship and access to a wealth of in house resources/experiences. He's just not going to be "the guy" and that's quite alright. I never expected him to be.

Ingram is just now discovering his identity (and it's still not clear). I don't have a problem with that at all. Why would I? But it's just further proof that he's behind in his development. I think he even said something to the same effect just the other day about not standing in his own way anymore.

If he takes another jump during the season (hopefully) before Christmas and then comes out of All-Star break with another jump... I'll shut my mouth and let the boy become a legend.

Just don't see it though... And this is why young players get traded. Development and Timing.

Again... He should be in the post. That's where his greatest growth will come. Maybe that's why Kobe and Jayson Tatum hit it off so well?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

GT is scaring me on Locked on Lakers today. I didn’t realize Ingram still hasn’t been shooting efficiently in first halves and has been doing most of his damage in second halves. We really need that to be a coincidence and not because he’s taking advantage of lesser talent and not playing with LeBron. At least we know his defense has improved if his offense hasn’t as much as it seemed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

The nice thing will be that LBJ will get teams into foul trouble early. Then BI can take advantage of that too and get teams early into the penalty. I think LBJ/BI in that sense will be a tremendous foul drawing duo.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

I think BI is going to make a huge jump this season and get into the all star game. If LeBron, Lonzo, Kuzma and BI stay healthy I think they all get into the conversation. I think they’ll be a top 2-3 team at the all star break. If they’re a top 2-3 team by the break, then there is no way LeBron is the only guy selected. Lonzo and BI seem primed to make a jump at the defensive end as well so those two have a shot in my mind. It’s going to be a fun year
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

I don't care what Ingram's PPG is. I don't expect it to be 20.

I care FG% (not TS% I know), FTr, deflection rate, assist rate.

The Laker roster is uniquely balanced with a wide variety of skill sets. If Ingram gets 20, that means he's possibly taking away good shots from Kuzma, Hart, etc.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

The Laker roster is uniquely balanced with a wide variety of skill sets. If Ingram gets 20, that means he's possibly taking away good shots from Kuzma, Hart, etc.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
GT is scaring me on Locked on Lakers today. I didn’t realize Ingram still hasn’t been shooting efficiently in first halves and has been doing most of his damage in second halves. We really need that to be a coincidence and not because he’s taking advantage of lesser talent and not playing with LeBron. At least we know his defense has improved if his offense hasn’t as much as it seemed.

First thing that came to mind was playing against lesser talent in the 2nd half (not sure this is true though. I didn't check the mpg of the opposing players). But that Lebron factor is interesting too. Either way, I'm not worried yet.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

First thing that came to mind was playing against lesser talent in the 2nd half (not sure this is true though. I didn't check the mpg of the opposing players). But that Lebron factor is interesting too. Either way, I'm not worried yet.

Well, the Kings talent at SF was equally putrid all game. And Ingram's big third quarter in the Warriors game came against their starters. So I don't think it's a "shining against lesser talent" issue.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Well, the Kings talent at SF was equally putrid all game. And Ingram's big third quarter in the Warriors game came against their starters. So I don't think it's a "shining against lesser talent" issue.

Yep, the 3rd quarter against the Warriors was making me hesitant to go that route. And there's a lot of variables with a small sample size so it's a guessing game for now. Which makes me not worry about it, till/if we get something more concrete.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

1st Half in Preseason = 49.0 TS%
2nd Half in Preseason = 74.1 TS%
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

You think that is more of a coincidence or something bigger?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

You think that is more of a coincidence or something bigger?

I think it's a variety of things.

-He murdered the Kings' scrubs & Marvin Bagley's suspect rim protection. He's always great against teams with poor interior defense, much more so than the average NBA player.

-He weirdly gets fouled on a lot of jumpers. I'm hoping he has some Lou Williams or Hardenesque quality where he knows how to pick those up and is unorthodox to defend.

-He's gotten a lot of off-ball fouls with the new emphasis on freedom of movement. If they call it this strictly in the regular season he'll continue to benefit because he does cut hard, but I'm skeptical that they won't loosen the reigns on that when the real games start.

-He's forced too many attempts in first halves. It's like he knows that he's not gonna get as many of those opportunities next to LeBron and he's trying to take advantage of them when he gets them.

This is what his on-ball profile has looked like during the preseason. They shouldn't be THIS low in the regular season (and he's good on post-ups normally), but this is a similar story as last season.

He's been great in transition & as a cutter though.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

If this is what the thread looks like when Ingram outplays KD and fouls him out in the 3rd.
I'm gonna hate reading this thread when he plays bad.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I dont think he will take away good shots from others to get his 20 if it's like you said efficiently done.

The way the ball has been moving last year and now preseason with all these new play makers + the pace = more total ppg for our team. I think due to more total points means more chances for others to score their buckets along with BI getting his.

Look at how many points we were putting up and kuz aint even shooting that well yet. what happens once that shot starts dropping? Nothing Kuz is doing is changing how BI plays at all. I dont see either of them taking shots away from the other.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

No Ingram, Rondo or Lebron tonight. Maybe no Hart or KCP as well.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

So likely no me watching game too.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
I think BI is going to make a huge jump this season and get into the all star game. If LeBron, Lonzo, Kuzma and BI stay healthy I think they all get into the conversation. I think they’ll be a top 2-3 team at the all star break. If they’re a top 2-3 team by the break, then there is no way LeBron is the only guy selected. Lonzo and BI seem primed to make a jump at the defensive end as well so those two have a shot in my mind. It’s going to be a fun year

Don’t get me wrong this would be great ... very unlikely tho
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Starting lineup tonight - Ball/Lance/Kuz/Beasley/McGee. Hart and KCP are confirmed as unavailable.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Starting lineup tonight - Ball/Lance/Kuz/Beasley/McGee. Hart and KCP are confirmed as unavailable.

Family obligations, but I'll catch DB's recap and the condensed game.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

Will be hilarious if we beat the Warriors with us missing half of our main guys and they end up using there starting unit guys.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Family obligations, but I'll catch DB's recap and the condensed game.

yeah I think I also have a twisted ankle that's going to stop me from watching this game
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1221, 1222, 1223 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1222 of 1885
Jump to: