PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Barkley is a bad bad man....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

He really is, but it's abundantly clear that Eli is done. The Giants should probably just tank this season after they fall to 1-5 here, and at least position themselves to take a QB (finally) in the '19 Draft. The problem is that next year's draft isn't supposed to be heralded with as many good QB prospects, so just to ensure that they get a good one, they may have to tank hard. And I don't think they are going to do that.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
It's just sad watching Eli Manning. First play, interception in their own territory.

Hope there's a QB in the upcoming draft that's NFL ready.

If only they had been in a position to draft a QB in the 2018 Draft at #2 overall...lol.

...as I watch Saquon bust out a 45yd run.

Just hope they can draft a QB before they burn this kid out.

Saquon is awesome. That doesn't change the fact that it was a really bad pick. The value of a QB to an NFL franchise dwarfs that of a RB. Considerably.

I don't doubt that but after seeing what having a back like Gurley did to take the pressure off of Goff as he developed, I'm a big believer in that.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
It's just sad watching Eli Manning. First play, interception in their own territory.

If only they had been in a position to draft a QB in the 2018 Draft at #2 overall...lol.

...as I watch Saquon bust out a 45yd run.

Just hope they can draft a QB before they burn this kid out.

Saquon is awesome. That doesn't change the fact that it was a really bad pick. The value of a QB to an NFL franchise dwarfs that of a RB. Considerably.

I don't doubt that but after seeing what having a back like Gurley did to take the pressure off of Goff as he developed, I'm a big believer in that.

It would still be a good Ram offense with a run-of-the-mill RB starter. And you saw that Gurley was worthless in the 2016 season when the offense was incompetent. If they had a worthy QB in the pipeline somehow, OK, I would have gotten it. But they are still going to be trying to fill the most important position in sports. What if they take a less-heralded rookie next season and that guy flops? Now where are you? You might play that rookie for 2 years before finding out he's crap, and now you're 3 years into Barkley's career, when RB's usually are done after 6-7 years, at least with awesome effectiveness. The clock ticks quickly on RB's. With as talented as the 2018 QB class was, and as rare as it is to have a pick that high, I just think they had to pull the trigger, regardless of how good Barkley is. He's still a RB.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Most quality running backs careers end around 30....A good elite QB will probably play until 40. And the Giants look like they will need to trade or draft a QB soon because even though Eli isn't 40 yet, his best days are behind him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

He really is, but it's abundantly clear that Eli is done. The Giants should probably just tank this season after they fall to 1-5 here, and at least position themselves to take a QB (finally) in the '19 Draft. The problem is that next year's draft isn't supposed to be heralded with as many good QB prospects, so just to ensure that they get a good one, they may have to tank hard. And I don't think they are going to do that.

just let Eli keep taking snaps, and they are all but guaranteed a top draft pick.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Obj with the ... temper tantrum!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

just let Eli keep taking snaps, and they are all but guaranteed a top draft pick.

Top 10 is looking likely, but is that enough? What if Herbert is the only QB that looks like he's close to what this year's crop was? And I still think he would've been the fifth QB taken this year, at best.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Top 10 is looking likely, but is that enough? What if Herbert is the only QB that looks like he's close to what this year's crop was? And I still think he would've been the fifth QB taken this year, at best.

I do not know....evaluating pro QB prospects is not something I even pretend to be better than average at....but I will say Herbert seems to have the pro measurables and athleticism on par or even better than the guys this year.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I do not know....evaluating pro QB prospects is not something I even pretend to be better than average at....but I will say Herbert seems to have the pro measurables and athleticism on par or even better than the guys this year.

Scouts think the 2019 QB class is pretty bad. They think 2020 will be good.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772525-nfl-scouts-are-terrified-of-2019-qb-draft-class
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I said at the time sticking with Elisha was asanine.

Just a bad bad decision.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Saquon really is special. That acceleration, damn.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

that should be overturned....Smallwood clearly recovered it and was down on it per the video
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Giants season over and its only October.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

they should reach out to Kap....it could not get worse. With that line, they have to have a QB that can move a little.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Playoff scenarios left for Giants.
7-9 to make the playoffs, have to finish 6-4 (unlikely the division would have to be truly awful, last team to do it was the Seahawks)
8-8, have to finish 7-3
9-7, have to finish 8-2.
10-6, have to finish 9-1.
11-5, have to finish 10-0.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

they should reach out to Kap....it could not get worse. With that line, they have to have a QB that can move a little.

move a little? That line is pretty bad, more like run for your life. And NY might actually be the closest thing to a best fit for Kapernick.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They should have traded for Bridgewater.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject:

I'd like to see the Giants sign Kap. I want to see if he has anything left. If he does maybe a solid team will give him a look.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'd like to see the Giants sign Kap. I want to see if he has anything left. If he does maybe a solid team will give him a look.

I think the best thing the Giants can do is to keep doing what they've been doing: losing. It's going to be a race to the bottom against teams like the Niners, Raiders, and Cards but it's vital for the Giants to draft a QB this time. Eli's got one more year on his contract and that year should be spent holding a clipboard and passing on knowledge.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think the best thing the Giants can do is to keep doing what they've been doing: losing. It's going to be a race to the bottom against teams like the Niners, Raiders, and Cards but it's vital for the Giants to draft a QB this time. Eli's got one more year on his contract and that year should be spent holding a clipboard and passing on knowledge.

Makes more sense than my idea. I was thinking Kap not the Giants as a whole. Your way is solid. Who do you think Odell will listen to? Barkley pulled his coat last night. Drawback, Saquon's only 21. Will Odell listen to him?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Makes more sense than my idea. I was thinking Kap not the Giants as a whole. Your way is solid. Who do you think Odell will listen to? Barkley pulled his coat last night. Drawback, Saquon's only 21. Will Odell listen to him.

Kap just doesn’t make sense at this point. He hasn’t played football in 2 years, it would take at least a few months to get his conditioning and rhythm up to speed. And the Giants don’t need any more distractions.

Numero ocho is right. Tank, draft a QB, and let Eli mentor.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Makes more sense than my idea. I was thinking Kap not the Giants as a whole. Your way is solid. Who do you think Odell will listen to? Barkley pulled his coat last night. Drawback, Saquon's only 21. Will Odell listen to him?

OBJ just signed a big extension so he's not going anywhere. He's going to be who he is but once you get him the ball and the world is kissing his butt again his antics will become less of a distraction.

It's on Shurmer to keep him under control but he just keeps pretending there isn't a problem. At least that's the story he's sticking to. It kinda reminds me of Thibs and Jimmy.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

Giants offense is being held back by their own ineptness....reminds me of the Rams offense 2 years ago under Jeff Fisher. Sure they need a new QB, but its not like they don't have playmakers on the team.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

Winston not living up to his hype.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 38 of 106
Jump to: