scariest movies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I thought The Conjuring was very well done. Blair Witch Project and The Six Sense was a complete mind f*ck. Exorcist was scary as a kid, now that I'm older, I realize its a lot like a law and order show -- solving a crime with ton of skepticism. The Grudge had me afraid of walking around the house at night (that little boy) same with Child's Play. Halloween is a classic but it wasn't scary (I think scary is when you're afraid to sleep at night due to constant over-thinking) imo just very suspenseful. That's all that I can think of. Oh,Quarantine is another suspenful film.

Man, I hated "The Blair Witch Project." The hype on that movie was out of control. I went into the theatre and everyone was so excited that there was applause as the movie started. By the end, I wanted it to do just that...end. I thought it was terrible.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

"I've seen the Exorcist about 167 times, and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it."
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
"I've seen the Exorcist about 167 times, and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it."

"Not to mention the fact that you're talking to a dead guy, now what do you think? Ya think I'm qualified?"
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Has anyone ever been watching a scary movie, horror film and been tempted to turn it off? When I watched IT I was tempted to turn it off but was so intrigued I sat through the shivers. I classify IT as a horror mystery. It ended to suggest there will be a IT II.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

It may not be the scariest move, but my cousin's ex just made his directorial debut with a film called "Nails"!

It may not be up to the level of, say, The Conjuring or The Babadook, but it's entertaining enough.

You can watch it on Hulu-Plus. It can also be seen on Netflix.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

i thought the witch was pretty disturbing and recently saw hereditary and liked it....i thought freddy kruger was scary as a kid. i even like the campy tales from the crypt. and second the grudge that was def scary. i'm not big on horror movies but i do like horror-ish movies/shows like someone said se7ven, or a quiet place, black mirror, x files, that new one with james mcavoy and m. night shyamalan wasn't bad "split"
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I thought The Conjuring was very well done. Blair Witch Project and The Six Sense was a complete mind f*ck. Exorcist was scary as a kid, now that I'm older, I realize its a lot like a law and order show -- solving a crime with ton of skepticism. The Grudge had me afraid of walking around the house at night (that little boy) same with Child's Play. Halloween is a classic but it wasn't scary (I think scary is when you're afraid to sleep at night due to constant over-thinking) imo just very suspenseful. That's all that I can think of. Oh,Quarantine is another suspenful film.

Man, I hated "The Blair Witch Project." The hype on that movie was out of control. I went into the theatre and everyone was so excited that there was applause as the movie started. By the end, I wanted it to do just that...end. I thought it was terrible.

Blair Witch Project wasn't scary at all but it was very nauseating. Watching that jittery handheld video camera made that movie experience the first and only time I've had to throw up at the movies. I almost made it to the end but when I felt that third one coming, I told my friend I had to leave.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Off the top of my head movies that actually spooked me out was the Conjuring and Paranormal Activity.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

Same reaction, over hyped and under performed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject:

AuraStar wrote:
It may not be the scariest move, but my cousin's ex just made his directorial debut with a film called "Nails"!

It may not be up to the level of, say, The Conjuring or The Babadook, but it's entertaining enough.

You can watch it on Hulu-Plus. It can also be seen on Netflix.

I finally watched Nails today. It's pretty good. Made me jump once or twice. I put it with IT. It has you wondering, especially the end. If you have Netflix watch it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
The Shining

Also, maybe it was just the night I saw it, but Insidious scared me a few times.

The Shining scared the heck out of me when I was kid. The two little dead girls and the old lady in bathtub still creep me out but, nowadays, I just appreciate The Shining as a really good movie.

The bathtub hag was scary SEXY, you mean. !

https://tinyurl.com/y72vd6s4 That's still probably the weirdest still from TS.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

I saw this when it originally aired. Freaked the crap out of me.

Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

Fire in the Sky--I don't even think it's classified as a 'horror' movie. I can remember a buddy and I watching it in the theaters and then driving some country roads to the next town over to go watch some boxing matches. We had one eye on the road, one eye in the sky swearing that we were about to be kidnapped. lol

I thought the 4th Kind was really well done and had some creepy parts to it.

The original Wrong Turn creeped me out. Something about inbred hillbillies just bothers me.

The original Hellraiser kept me up at night as a kid. I can remember when HBO got it, and seeing pinhead...freaked me out as a kid.

And Phantasm. I tried to watch that when I was around 10, couldn't finish it, scared me so bad and have never gone back to watching it.

Also, how could I forget Poltergeist? I feared getting pulled into the TV as a kid. My parents used it as a tool to make sure i wasn't too close to the TV when watching normal shows.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

PET SEMATARY BEING RE-MAKE!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/stephen-kings-pet-sematary-rises-anew-chilling-first-trailer-161054546.html
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/stephen-kings-pet-sematary-rises-anew-chilling-first-trailer-161054546.html

Re-mades are almost never as good as the original though.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
Fire in the Sky--I don't even think it's classified as a 'horror' movie. I can remember a buddy and I watching it in the theaters and then driving some country roads to the next town over to go watch some boxing matches. We had one eye on the road, one eye in the sky swearing that we were about to be kidnapped. lol

I thought the 4th Kind was really well done and had some creepy parts to it.

The original Wrong Turn creeped me out. Something about inbred hillbillies just bothers me.

The original Hellraiser kept me up at night as a kid. I can remember when HBO got it, and seeing pinhead...freaked me out as a kid.

And Phantasm. I tried to watch that when I was around 10, couldn't finish it, scared me so bad and have never gone back to watching it.

Also, how could I forget Poltergeist? I feared getting pulled into the TV as a kid. My parents used it as a tool to make sure i wasn't too close to the TV when watching normal shows.

I played high school tennis against the director of "The Fourth Kind", Olatunde Osunsanmi. Interesting that the movie got terrible reviews and has low scores on Rotten Tomatoes, but I know plenty of people who liked it.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Not exactly a horror film.. But there are some horror elements and some of the sounds and imagery stuck with me for days afterwards.
"Bone Tomahawk".

I think it's available on Amazon Prime. Has some pretty horrific moments and can be quite graphic... But that movie creeped me out pretty good. Stars Kurt Russell. Good movie and great dialogue too
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

Cronenberg's the Fly used to scare me as a kid. I haven't watched it since. That arm wrestling scene...
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Just saw nightmare on elm street on the big screen last week. Pretty fun. Halloween is going to be playing at 7pm on the 24th at cinema theaters on imperial and la Palma. I’ll be there. Join uncle dladi for a fun filled evening.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:

Re-mades are almost never as good as the original though.

Tell that to IT.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

The Haunting (1963)
Rosemary's Baby

Not a movie, but this new Netflix horror series The Haunting of Hill House deserves major props.

I've heard Hereditary is good, too.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

the Descent
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

Hide and Seek I don't know if you'd rate it as a scary movie or suspense.

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Texas chainsaw massacre
Final Destination
Jeepers Creepers
These are comedies right?
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
The Haunting (1963)
Rosemary's Baby

Not a movie, but this new Netflix horror series The Haunting of Hill House deserves major props.

I've heard Hereditary is good, too.

Rosemary's Baby was scary, in an understated way. A lot of the imagery that it insinuates is perturbing. I also really liked Polanski's return to horror late 90s thriller The Ninth Gate, which was surprisingly entertaining, even though it was met with mixed critical reception.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: