LakersGround 2018 Census
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Male
Started watching during the 1987 Finals and have been hooked ever since.
Lonzo
ratra_1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

M

started watching NBA in 2011 through illegal internet streams
but been a laker fan since i can remember. i used to play NBA Live in 2006-ish and i unconcously kept picking the lakers as my go-to team. i remember i would avoid using the clippers like a plague cause both of them is "LA" and i have to keep an eye not to pick them

current fav Laker is Lonzo and Ingram, was my fav is Randle (kinda still but sorry not a laker = not a fan), all-time = Kobe!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject:

Gender? Male
Age? 62
When you started watching the Lakers? 1960
Who is your favorite current player? BI. If Lebron plays here for 4 years and we win a ring while he is leading us, it will be hard to NOT see him as my favorite, but he still needs to earn it with me.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject:

Age? 58
When you started watching the Lakers? 1976
Who is your favorite current player? Do I get a guarantee that this information will not be used to incriminate me in future arguments over player this and player that?
Anyway, favorite current NBA player: Curry
Favorite current Laker(s): Kuzma and Hart
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject:

male
started watching in 96/97 or 97/98
current fave is Luke Walton
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Male
25 (26 in a few days)
I guess 1999. My first memory of the Lakers was losing to the Spurs in the playoffs
Favorite player currently is Josh Hart
ItsJustMagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Male
48 y/o
Started watching in the early 80's
Lonzo Ball
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

F
Following since 1969; serious fan since '71
Current fav is BI; I think that it will be Lonzo eventually.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject:

Male

I was raised (properly) in a Laker and Dodger household and my first memories are probably from around 1984, when Magic and Larry first met in the NBA Finals. I don't have memories of the previous year in '83, when we played the 76ers in the Finals. After '84, I remember pretty much everything. Before that, nada!

Magic was and always will be my favorite player. I don't know that I have a clear favorite among the current Lakers, but I might say Lonzo if forced to name a favorite. I seem to react more joyously when he makes a 3-pointer or makes a great play than with any other player.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject:

M
1978 - My parents had season tickets starting in the 70’s. I attended game 6 when the Lakers won the Championship against the Sixers in 82 (or was it 83?). Magic had 13 points, 13 assists, and 13 rebounds. We ran onto the court at the end and jumped around with a ton of other fans. (This was back before they had courtside security.)

My dad got rid of his season tickets a couple seasons later when the prices roast to an outrageous $28.50 per seat per game. By that point though, I was hooked. I idolized Magic, cried when he held that press conference announcing that he had AIDS. For those that weren’t around back then you have to realize we thought it was a death sentence, and he was still in his prime. I consider it one of life’s gifts that he’s still with us, and still contributing to the team I love.

I also wore my socks like Michael Cooper.

My favorite player on this team is already Lebron. He reminds me of Magic. Watching this team run and gun with an unselfish style of basketball brings back memories of Showtime. I cannot wait for this season to begin.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
I idolized Magic, cried when he held that press conference announcing that he had AIDS. For those that weren’t around back then you have to realize we thought it was a death sentence

I remember that day like it was yesterday....it had to be on a Thursday.....because I recall I was in Junior High, and we played our football games on Thursday nights. We stayed after school, and someone would bring us food. My parents brought my food and told me the news. You are correct.....at that time, it was not about him having HIV, it was about he was certainly going to pass away soon because the disease was viewed very differently then by the general public. I doubt I even knew there was a difference between HIV and AIDS at the time.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject:

Male
Started watching 1974..line-up Goodrich, Lucius Allen, Elmore Smith, Happy Hairston, Cazzie Russell. I believe that team went 32-50. Traded for Kareem that off season.

Favorite player LeBron. Dream come true.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Male
Started watching when I stumbled upon Lakers and Pistons in the Finals. Nobody in my household watched sports, but literally ten minutes in I was hoping up and down with excitement. While I didn't even understand what exactly was happening, this one guy, #32, was... magic. I was instantly hooked. Magic was and will always be my favorite athlete of all time.

Like many said, I was shellshocked when he announced he had HIV (yes, a Thursday, I will never forget being in school and just a zombie).

But when he came back for the All Star game, I was literally crying tears of joy as he started hitting those 3s in the 4th. Funny, but it still is one of my all time favorite sports memories.

Current Fav: the kiddos. I love them all. But BI and Lonzo are tops. Love how they play.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: LakersGround 2018 Census

Male
Hard to say, but I do enjoy watching all the kids play, Lonzo, BI,etc. All this new blood is pretty damn exciting.

!...
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

DC_Lakersfn wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Female (high five to all the female LGers!)

48 and feeling great

Lifelong Lakers fan. My older brother, the late great Robert taught me to say Kareem Abdul Jabbar as an infant.

Fave Laker right now prob Kuz I guess. EDIT: OH and Josh Hart for sure. Fave NBA player right now Klay (shocking, I know)

woot! - 3 of us in the survey so far always good to know where my ladies at

MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Gender? M
Age? 44
When you started watching the Lakers? '85-'86 season (age 12)
Who is your favorite current player? Josh Hart
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

M
Started watching right around '82
Favorite player is Josh Hart (really like most of our players)
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

male
BI
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Male

I was raised (properly) in a Laker and Dodger household and my first memories are probably from around 1984, when Magic and Larry first met in the NBA Finals. I don't have memories of the previous year in '83, when we played the 76ers in the Finals. After '84, I remember pretty much everything. Before that, nada!

Magic was and always will be my favorite player. I don't know that I have a clear favorite among the current Lakers, but I might say Lonzo if forced to name a favorite. I seem to react more joyously when he makes a 3-pointer or makes a great play than with any other player.

I echo your sentiments a ton... because even though i am sure i was watching before that 84 finals i cant actually remember the games...

Male
42 years old
im gonna say 84
My favorite Laker right now has to be the KING for choosing to restore our Franchise to championship contention.... THANK YOU KING!!

Anyone else here feel like they would love for CHICK to call the games this year???.... I think he would have so much fun calling these games he would lose his mind... the nick names he would give out to these guys... and he would just love Lance Stephenson i think....RIP Basketball GOD!!!!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Male

I echo your sentiments a ton... because even though i am sure i was watching before that 84 finals i cant actually remember the games...

Male
42 years old
im gonna say 84
My favorite Laker right now has to be the KING for choosing to restore our Franchise to championship contention.... THANK YOU KING!!

Anyone else here feel like they would love for CHICK to call the games this year???.... I think he would have so much fun calling these games he would lose his mind... the nick names he would give out to these guys... and he would just love Lance Stephenson i think....RIP Basketball GOD!!!!

It's a slam dunk!

http://www.greenberg-art.com/.Toons/.Toons,%20Obits/qqxsgChickHearn.gif
Richcbt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Male

Age 66

My folks took me to a Laker game at the Sports Arena in either '61 or '62. Watched quite a bit throughout the sixties, and became fanatical by the late sixties.

I have had three favorite Lakers, from different eras. My first hero was Jerry West, and I still think he's one of the greatest to ever play. Then came Magic Johnson, and then Kobe.

My favorite current Laker is probably Lonzo, because I think his ceiling may be the highest of the young guys. Of course, LeBron is right there, too.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject:

Male

Age 29

I actively started to watch the Lakers during the 2010-2011 season. I had casually followed the team for several years before that, but in Sweden, football (soccer) and hockey are the dominating sports so it wasn’t too easy to get into the league, find the highlights etc. I remember during those first years, I used to download the game that had been played during the night, start the download in the morning and hoping it was done when I got home in the afternoon. Good times.

Favorite current player is probably Lonzo Ball. His defensive awareness combined with that court vision is killer, I feel like he really makes an impact when he’s on the court. Whole team just play better.
Lakers_GOAT_Team_16X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject:

Gender M
Age 22
When you started watching the Lakers- Actually I started watching the Lakers back in 2008 during the Lakers-Celtics Finals and watching Kobe dominate that year even though they lost, we were gonna win it next year which we did, from the moment I knew I needed to be a Lakers Fan. Living in Puerto Rico watching Lakers games are not easy since they start really late here always watch them even late it’s worth it.

Who is your favorite current player?
Lebron James and Brandon Ingram
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

M
82/83 is a blur but NBA would always come on after Sat morn cartoons; pops and bro were laker fans. My first timeline memory of the franchise was the loss to Foston.
Current Fav - Kuz but BI is the one I watch.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

Male
Started watching LA late 96, early 97 because of this bald teenager who played with this flair and excitement i hadn't seen before
Current fave is Ingram, although i could see it also becoming Zo
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: