Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 457, 458, 459 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Yeah they should just handle what needs to be handled and move on. They are all grown adults.

Khabib-Ferguson has to be the next match up. I think Tony will be a tough match up for him and he fights well of his back.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Yeah they should just handle what needs to be handled and move on. They are all grown adults.

Khabib-Ferguson has to be the next match up. I think Tony will be a tough match up for him and he fights well of his back.

There's too much money to be made from a Khabib/McGregor rematch. They will get it done no matter what Khabib says.

The UFC will have to bank a little bit less than the fighters for a rematch, but in terms of absolute profit they would be stupid not to make this happen even if Khabib demanded double his pay (or whatever his demands may become).

No matter what anyone says... there is ALWAYS a price, especially when you have slime balls like Khabib's manager (Ali) involved.

I can easily see this fight happening early next year. A Khabib/Ferguson fight would not even do 500k PPV buys, whilst a Khabib/McGregor rematch will do at least 2million buys again. No brainer for all people involved.

From Khabib's perspective he should think that it's an easy pay day (esp since he dominated). McGregor will get paid handsomely and so will the UFC.

Right now everything Khabib is saying is just bluffing. He doesn't want his teammates to get punished and he will use the potential rematch as leverage to get his guys off lightly (and the UFC will influence this) and the rematch will happen.

There's no way in hell Ferguson/Khabib happens. Esp if Tony beats Khabib then all the hype for Khabib/McGregor dies down and whilst it may still do 1m PPV, you cannot throw away a guaranteed 2m PPV.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Any chance he crossed a line with making such demands?

a star demanding to the world that Dana White do what the (bleep) he tells him to do or his star ass is gone I know the drama is incredible for the sport but if he does this then who next? He does have Dana by the PPVs

Khabib and his troup are not good news.. they have no comprehension of where they are.. you don't hissy fit in an audience filled with innocent strangers.

Defend your Honor by being honorable... don't act like a steroid accident
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

I do have some sympathy for khabib though.. as Psycho as what he did was it was all Heart... no entertainment

#1 McSmash
#2 Shutmouthofcreep

he did what he planned

Did Khabib plan to do this if he won? to jump the fence?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Any chance he crossed a line with making such demands?

a star demanding to the world that Dana White do what the (bleep) he tells him to do or his star ass is gone I know the drama is incredible for the sport but if he does this then who next? He does have Dana by the PPVs

Khabib and his troup are not good news.. they have no comprehension of where they are.. you don't hissy fit in an audience filled with innocent strangers.

Defend your Honor by being honorable... don't act like a steroid accident

I think as long as Dana makes money he doesn't care what Khabib said or did. Conor ripped Dana to his face in front of the media when Dana didn't allow fans into first press conference. Couple minutes later and he's drinking whiskey with him lol. Dude only cares about money and not much else
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject:

Ferguson then McGregor 2.... let's do this
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

Loved watching Fedor pound Sonnen last night!

Next up Bader vs Fedor, I'd love to see Fedor win, but Bader is on fire, the fight is in Jan-2019 at the Forum...!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Loved watching Fedor pound Sonnen last night!

Next up Bader vs Fedor, I'd love to see Fedor win, but Bader is on fire, the fight is in Jan-2019 at the Forum...!

I had to find a stream when I knew I'd get to see Fedor..

42 Years old 73" reach and 5 losses in 20 years?

Poor Chael lol.. I appreciated his headless chicken work after getting clocked.. he looked starstruck in a few ways..

Was a bit interesting to see Fedor go down that hard a couple times but I feared for Chaels safety because I could see that Fedor has a really really heavy hand that is very fast...

Would be odd to fight a legend like him who can knock you out in the first moments if you don't take him as serious as you're supposed to.. guessing it could be hard to just want to violently beat him since he is such a legend.

Benson talking smack to Khabib about respect and self discipline etc.. good to see him.. I started watching mma when him and cowboy just began on Versus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WEC_43
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

Lots calling the Fedor vs Chael fight fixed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

It had a surreal vibe to it, I will say that.

First shot that caught Sonnen was the exemplification of "everybody has a plan until they get hit in they get punched in the mouth."
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

First shot that caught Sonnen was the exemplification of "everybody has a plan until they get hit in they get punched in the mouth."

Oh word?! You saw the whole thing GtR? I only saw highlights and that whole flip thing Chael tried to do was bizzarre.

He def took some very real shots in there tho. So if it was fixed he took some punishment lol
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Oh word?! You saw the whole thing GtR? I only saw highlights and that whole flip thing Chael tried to do was bizzarre.

He def took some very real shots in there tho. So if it was fixed he took some punishment lol

Reddit had a few links available

I like watching mma because it excites my fight or flight in a cinematic way

I watch and my mind tries to imagine every possible thing I could do in a given situation

Chael had athleticism/energy but he he had no idea he was gonna get clocked that hard. I sincerely feel fighters are mystified when they have to face Fedor

**Wasn't it Fedor who used to knock people out with a roundhouse leg kick?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject:

https://fansided.com/2018/10/15/saad-awad-calls-benson-henderson-cheat-following-bellator-208-loss/amp/

^^sore loser?

He got ragdolled a few times in that fight and wants to point out something so small.

His own ego is the cheat
georgetowns
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

mofo!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I actually found a replay of it on youtube lol. I can honestly see why those with a skeptical eye might think there was something going on but, to my eyes, Chael got clocked about 5 seconds in during the first exchange, realized that he just jumped head first into a stream, got pulled under and into its tumultuous current and was headed for craggy rocks. He was trying to stay aggressive, coming forward and lunging desperately for takedowns but there wasn't really that typical Sonnen conviction and that may have been where the inauthentic look came from. No doubt about it, Fedor was swanging them thangs. And on those successful takedowns, Fedor was eventually able to fling the American Gangster off with pretty much brute force. He pretty much son'd him.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

I think you may be mixing him up with Cro Cop. But his signature move was a high head kick.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

I think you may be mixing him up with Cro Cop. But his signature move was a high head kick.

Thank you very much. I couldn't remember him. My apologies Mr. Cro Cop

Had a friend in high school who liked getting in fights. He had a lethal roundhouse kick
That nobody would ever expect.

Kick of Death highlights
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

So who do y'all got for UFC 230?

DC v Lewis
Rockhold v Weidman
Souza v Branch
Brunson v Adesanya

For the main event I'm going with the suprise of the century DERECK LEWIS catches DC coming in with the one hitter quitter and takes the title!

Weidman beats Rockhold in grueling brawl that goes the distance
Souza gets a TKO on Branch
Adesanya out strikes Brunson for a decision

Just some random fun worthless predictions from me that will prob all be wrong LOL
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

fans commenting UFC needs to create 165 to make an opportunity for Conor to get a belt lol. Khabib reportedly has already refused a rematch and wants ferguson.

Imagine if Wonderboy can make 165. He destroys Conor if that's the case haha
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

DC v Lewis
Rockhold v Weidman
Souza v Branch
Brunson v Adesanya

For the main event I'm going with the suprise of the century DERECK LEWIS catches DC coming in with the one hitter quitter and takes the title!

Just some random fun worthless predictions from me that will prob all be wrong LOL

I'll take DC over Lewis by exhaust tap, whether that's ground strikes or submission.

I'll go with Rockhold over Weidman but that's almost an old-timer's match in the new UFC.

Branch beats Jaccare. That's my lazy-and-outta-my-backside pick.

Adesanya by controversial decision.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

DC v Lewis
Rockhold v Weidman
Souza v Branch
Brunson v Adesanya

I'll take DC over Lewis by exhaust tap, whether that's ground strikes or submission.

I'll go with Rockhold over Weidman but that's almost an old-timer's match in the new UFC.

Branch beats Jaccare. That's my lazy-and-outta-my-backside pick.

Adesanya by controversial decision.

yeah the souza branch one is the hardest to pick prob because we don't see very much on either fighter even though souza been around for awhile lol.

DC should easily beat Lewis, but I want Lewis to win just for the craziness that will ensue.

Because if that happens DC loses his fight with Brock which will then mean he will want to defend his LHW title. But UFC has already booked Jones vs Gustufsson for that title. So one of the 3 of them would get screwed there in that scenario
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Khabib reportedly turns down 15 million for a rematch. Smart move on his part. In a rematch he has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Diaz II is a perfect example of why I would turn it down too. That said, I would not expect a replay if they do fight again.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Khabib reportedly turns down 15 million for a rematch. Smart move on his part. In a rematch he has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Diaz II is a perfect example of why I would turn it down too. That said, I would not expect a replay if they do fight again.

He is being petty and a jerk imho. Punish Connor some more
15 mil?
Connor only made 3 iirc

15 is a huge payday

I'd go fight mayweather for 10-20 mil

What good is a 5 million fight when he threw away 3 of them?

I'm confused why it is good to leave that much cash out there?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Supposedly he wants to fight Tony Ferguson (who has earned it) and wants to make Conor have to fight his way back up. He holds the cards now so I can see why he’d want to hold it over Conor’s head.

I don’t wanna see a rematch right away anyway. Ferguson vs Khabib will be the stuff of legend me thinks. I wanna see that bad.

Conor should go fight Diaz and try to get some confidence back
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:

He is being petty and a jerk imho. Punish Connor some more
15 mil?
Connor only made 3 iirc

15 is a huge payday

I'd go fight mayweather for 10-20 mil

What good is a 5 million fight when he threw away 3 of them?

I'm confused why it is good to leave that much cash out there?

Khabib has said repeatedly he doesn't care about the money. He dominated Conor despite Conor cheating, theres nothing left to prove. Why does Conor deserve a rematch when Aldo who was champion for like a decade didn't get one with Conor?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 457, 458, 459 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 458 of 499
Jump to: