PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1025, 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Given that it was known around the league that lebron would come to the lakers for at least a month maybe even longer, I think George didn't want to come to the lakers because of lebron. Whether that was because he was planning on being the #1, or because he doesn't want to be blamed for lebron ala kevin love, or some other reason, I don't know. But I think this is one of the largest factors in him not coming here, and why he would not even give Magic a talk.

He made his decision months prior. Has nothing to do with Lebron.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

So instead of playing with Lebron - one of the best passers in the league and a proven champion - he wants to stick around in OKC, waiting to touch the ball while proven stat padder Westbrook goes to work. Brilliant logic there, Mr George.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:

Mongo wrote:
I’m glad he did what he did instead of dragging it out wasting everyone’s time. It let Magic/Rob know exactly what the landscape was and move on.

I think he will regret that decision, but I don’t fault free agents for the right to go where they want for whatever reason they want.

I completely agree!

And I always wanted to say this to someone named Mongo.

YOU NO MONGO!!! ME MONGO!!!!!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Given that it was known around the league that lebron would come to the lakers for at least a month maybe even longer, I think George didn't want to come to the lakers because of lebron. Whether that was because he was planning on being the #1, or because he doesn't want to be blamed for lebron ala kevin love, or some other reason, I don't know. But I think this is one of the largest factors in him not coming here, and why he would not even give Magic a talk.

In that scenario George didn’t come because of Lebron and reportedly Leonard doesn’t want to come because of Lebron. This might not be easy.

Man, I don't know if I believe any of this crap. Lebron, you might not like him if he ain't on your team, but dang, the other players respect him and he has his friends. Why the hell would other players NOT want to play with him? He is still good enough to carry a team and he passes the ball. On top of it, he will be backing off a bit in another 3-4 years, you could come in as a co-star and be able to run with it when he backs off. Lebron is a smart man, he will see the landscape and know when the time is right. If he is playing with another superstar who is younger, he is NOT going to let his ego mess it up. Lebron is a pretty good man, he is not insensitive to other people. At least that is how it appears. If PG13 was told there was a money problem and we could NOT sign him, then I understand his reason for signing quick.

I suspect that once we got Lebron, we wanted to wait one more year to sign another marquee FA because if we signed PG13 right away we would have not been able to fill out our roster with the guys we did. This way we can see which of these guys will pan out and figure out a way to sign another guy, if we even need him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

He made his decision months prior. Has nothing to do with Lebron.

Everything about LBJ is showing that he is ready for the challenge; if PG13 didn't want to come b/c he feared the glare of LBJ (nevermind that WB is worse IMO on court), then what does that say about PG13?

If you read OKC fan sites after the Utah series, so many were blaming PG13 (b/c they also thought he was going to join the Lakers). WB is never going to be criticized there and wait until fans start turning against PG13 and his 31m/year deal.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

Lakers dodged another bullet. Just like Carmelo & Aldridge.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

PG said Magic and Lakers were pissed for not getting a meeting. Sure PG! it is been 2 months already can you stop mentioning the Lakers please? Lakers and their fans are happy we got the best player.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24453143/paul-george-oklahoma-city-thunder-los-angeles-lakers-miffed-hear-pitch
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know where to find Paul George saying these comments? I can only find others peoples commentary on it.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

In that scenario George didn’t come because of Lebron and reportedly Leonard doesn’t want to come because of Lebron. This might not be easy.

Players didn't want to sign in LA because they had a bad team. Now players don't want to sign in LA because they have one of the best players of all time?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully, Paul George does NOT attend any Time-Share presentations...
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I agree.

When last seen, he had his tail between his legs as Joe Ingles was carping at him after lighting up like a Christmas Tree all series.

Not that Joe Ingles can't play, but when he is right up in your face and telling you and you can't stop him? A concern if we were about to hand out a max contract.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Paul George suggesting he could still sign with Lakers when his current contract is up, full interview:

Quote:
9:00 - talks why he chose to go to college in Fresno State over his dream college Pepperdine University (foreshadowing why he chose OKC over Lakers)

43:00 - talks about how Indiana didn’t want to send him to LA and LA not offering much to grab him

46:00 - “LA was pissed at me. I didn’t give Magic a (meeting). I did not explore (the Lakers option).”

47:00 - “I wanted to man, I honestly wanted to come back home, but I’m 28, still got time, still got another contract.”

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Yeah, we can’t be adding those all star players.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
danzag wrote:

I feel like every post I've read from you lately has been so damn negative, even more than usual
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
danzag wrote:

I feel like every post I've read from you lately has been so damn negative, even more than usual

I’m negative? How about the posters who are glad we couldn’t land all star players? I will give them Carmelo but we are better with LMA or PG.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:

I can't imagine why PG won't keep talking about the Lakers or people won't stop asking him about the Lakers.

"I wanted to play in L.A. That is where I wanted to go. Had that trade never went down, had I played one more year in Indy, I would have been in a Lakers uniform."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25013590/paul-george-says-joined-lakers-traded-pacers

But yeah, it sounds like people like Paul George keep timeshares and multi-level-marketing companies in business. "Get him in the room and he'll sign up!"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

Give it time, in a few months PG13 is going to rue his choice. When WB is texting you 235 times the night b/f FA, and you feel the pressure and he's throwing a party for you with NAS you might feel on top of the world, but then you wake up in OKC in 2019 and you're saying "what the hell did I just do?"
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Give it time, in a few months PG13 is going to rue his choice. When WB is texting you 235 times the night b/f FA, and you feel the pressure and he's throwing a party for you with NAS you might feel on top of the world, but then you wake up in OKC in 2019 and you're saying "what the hell did I just do?"

Pretty much
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Paul George did not take Lakers meeting because he was afraid he might “Straddle the Fence" (pg. 1027)

Uhm....we're on still page 1026. You can see the future???

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Is he trying to back track? He said he had unfinished business!

Good luck! Turd WB couldn't win with KD and a prime Serge, why did he think he could win with him and Adams?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

1st week of the 1st year of his deal...already has buyer's remorse!

It's going to be a long 3-4 years in OKC.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Reminds me of when Dwight Schrute got Andy to sell him his Xterra.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

I don't know why PG feels the need to keep explaining his reasons for not signing with the Lakers. Is it a image repair thing or to keep his name in the news cycle? He used to be a brand ambassador for Gatorade back when he was the Pacers but I haven't seen any new commercials starring PG since then.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

the reason is simple... he and Mintz pissed off Magic and Rob by both NOT giving them a meeting AND televising that BS "mini-decision" which was just stoking the fire of Lakers anger.

if he met with the Lakers, decided on OKC and did not televise it, he'd have nothing to apologize for.

he will NEVER be a Laker now. EVER.

numero-ocho wrote:
I don't know why PG feels the need to keep explaining his reasons for not signing with the Lakers. Is it a image repair thing or to keep his name in the news cycle? He used to be a brand ambassador for Gatorade back when he was the Pacers but I haven't seen any new commercials starring PG since then.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

The Lakers have done Mintz and PG13 a solid by not commenting, or tell the truth. A lot of people are not looking at it from a different perspective. WE DIDN'T WANT HIM. PG13 himself and the media started the snowball a few years ago. PG13's team got the picture that the Lakers want to go in a different direction, so he got on stage and announced he's staying, pushing the narrative that he shut out the Lakers, not the other way around. It would be pretty embarrassing for PG13 after professing his love and desire to go home.

That is my read on this thing. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling I'm right. Magic and Rob's opinion of PG13 could be right in line with mine, he's not worth it. We been hearing about KD's free agency, AD signing with Rich Paul, these things make you wonder. So maybe we fans are playing checkers, when Rob and Magic are playing chess.

Purposely or accidentally, I'm glad the Lakers didn't blow the wad on PG13.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1025, 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 1026 of 1028
Jump to: