**OFFICIAL** 2018 Fantasy Foootball Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

I won unexpectedly tonight in my biggest league (which is my worst team, actually) with huge games from Rodgers and Adams. With their double-point TD with under 2 mins left, that got me to within about 5 points. I was thinking that I was in it if it went to OT. Then I thought SF would kick a winning FG. Then GB got the ball back. I was exactly 1 point behind before that final catch by Adams, and I needed a 7 yard catch by Adams to get 1.05 points. Obviously, he got quite a bit more than that. Can't believe I pulled that out. So I'm 4-2 in that league now, and having gone 3-0 this week in my 3 leagues, I'm 4-2 in all 3 leagues. My biggest league awards it's trophy to the total points winner and I have no chance there, but I am 4-2 so I'm in play in the H2H portion of the league that we also have there. I have good teams in my other 2 leagues (which are only H2H).

I have one team where Cam and Stafford are my QB's and the Mahomes owner is 1-5. That owner already traded away Rodgers in the hope of improving his team and he still has a bad team. I'm thinking of making him an offer, although Cam's matchups in Week 15 and 16 are incredible (home games against the Saints and Falcons), so I wonder if I even need to do anything.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Huskers wrote:
Question for everyone, 8 team league, start 1 QB, RB, WR, TE, Flex, K and DEF

I have both Brees and Mahomes. Brees just had his bye, would you look at trading Mahomes now and what would you expect back?

For RBs I have Hunt, Conner, Kamara and Hyde
For WRs I have Thielen, Jeffery, Agholor and DeSean Jackson
For TE I have J Cook

I feel with Le'Veon coming soon and Ingram now back, I'm thin at RB

You think trying for Gurley is too much for Mahomes?

I would try to move Mahomes yes. His value is super high and you can replicate, close enough, his numbers without him.

I'd package Mahomes with an RB2 for Gurley. I'd move Mahomes straight up for Mixon.

As a Gurley owner, I would laugh or be slightly insulted by this offer. Mahomes is probably the QB1 this year. Gurley is the unquestioned #1 FF player. It will take a RB1 + WR1 to get Gurley, and I am certainly not trading him for any quarterback. You should trade Mahomes + 1 for someone like Mixon or *maybe* Fournette 1 for 1.

Edit: Or you can get Chubb and not worry about trading Mahomes. Kamara and Hunt should carry you through the year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Huskers wrote:

I have both Brees and Mahomes. Brees just had his bye, would you look at trading Mahomes now and what would you expect back?

For TE I have J Cook

I would try to move Mahomes yes. His value is super high and you can replicate, close enough, his numbers without him.

I'd package Mahomes with an RB2 for Gurley. I'd move Mahomes straight up for Mixon.

As a Gurley owner, I would laugh or be slightly insulted by this offer. Mahomes is probably the QB1 this year. Gurley is the unquestioned #1 FF player. It will take a RB1 + WR1 to get Gurley, and I am certainly not trading him for any quarterback. You should trade Mahomes + 1 for someone like Mixon or *maybe* Fournette 1 for 1.

Edit: Or you can get Chubb and not worry about trading Mahomes. Kamara and Hunt should carry you through the year.

Fair enough. My point is that a lot of people are overvaluing Mahomes because he's a shiny new object and so you should try to seek those people out if you have him, and get a deal that lands in your favor, whatever those components are.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Devonta Freeman was just put on IR, and Ito Smith has actually been getting almost as much work as Tevin Coleman, including in the red zone. He should be added wherever possible.

TE streamers (and there are many of us right now), CJ Uzomah is worth an add. Tyler Kroft just got hurt and Uzomah is going to be playing nearly all of the snaps, and Cincy has matchups against KC and TB in their next 2 games. And after a Week 9 bye, they get the Saints in Week 10.

Defense streamers, the Colts are an interesting option this week as they host a Bills team that is probably going to be starting Derek Anderson at QB. Unfortunately, it likely won't be Nathan Peterman because Sean McDermott risks "losing his locker room", per reports, if he starts him again. Still, this is a good spot for the Indy defense.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Devonta Freeman was just put on IR, and Ito Smith has actually been getting almost as much work as Tevin Coleman, including in the red zone. He should be added wherever possible.

TE streamers (and there are many of us right now), CJ Uzomah is worth an add. Tyler Kroft just got hurt and Uzomah is going to be playing nearly all of the snaps, and Cincy has matchups against KC and TB in their next 2 games. And after a Week 9 bye, they get the Saints in Week 10.

Defense streamers, the Colts are an interesting option this week as they host a Bills team that is probably going to be starting Derek Anderson at QB. Unfortunately, it likely won't be Nathan Peterman because Sean McDermott risks "losing his locker room", per reports, if he starts him again. Still, this is a good spot for the Indy defense.

I picked up Indy's D last week because their schedule is very good over the next 6 games (Buf, Oak, Jax, Ten, Mia, Jax). All are top 9 best for opposing defenses. Unfortunately they got me exactly 1 point against the friggin Jets.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I picked up Indy's D last week because their schedule is very good over the next 6 games (Buf, Oak, Jax, Ten, Mia, Jax). All are top 9 best for opposing defenses. Unfortunately they got me exactly 1 point against the friggin Jets.

Yeah they were still a little banged up after that catastrophe of the previous week, but I think they are getting more healthy, and at home, that's a much better spot for them. I picked them up in one of my leagues and I'm trying to pick them up in another as we speak (I'll find out in about 40 minutes).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

So I just pulled off that Breida trade, finally. I ended up with Breida and Robby Anderson and I gave up Funchess and Chris Thompson. Standard scoring league. I like Funchess this week a lot against Philly, and since Olsen isn't 100% I think he's fine going forward, but with Davante Adams, Hilton, Golladay, and John Brown in tow, I felt like the RB upgrade was too good to pass up, since my RB2 this week was going to be Kenyan Drake or Smallwood. And Anderson might actually come into some value as the year progresses, especially with Enunwa down.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Huskers wrote:

For TE I have J Cook

So I looked to see how lopsided this trade would be in our league. Standard scoring, Gurley, so far this season is 11th in scoring. Top 15 in scoring is 13 QBs and 2 RBs. Barkley comes in at 15. I would be trading the #1 point scorer in the league for the 11th. To me, seems like more than a fair trade. Really just depends on the scoring per league.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
So I just pulled off that Breida trade, finally. I ended up with Breida and Robby Anderson and I gave up Funchess and Chris Thompson. Standard scoring league. I like Funchess this week a lot against Philly, and since Olsen isn't 100% I think he's fine going forward, but with Davante Adams, Hilton, Golladay, and John Brown in tow, I felt like the RB upgrade was too good to pass up, since my RB2 this week was going to be Kenyan Drake or Smallwood. And Anderson might actually come into some value as the year progresses, especially with Enunwa down.
I like that trade. I dont trust Thompson's health and its standard scoring anyway. Robby Anderson had that one good game but with Enunwa's injury he should have some more of those. Darnold should also get more comfortable as the season goes on
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

I know we hardly talk about kickers here but I'm going up against a lethal team this week (michael thomas, thielen, melvin gordon, hill). I need all the points i can get. I have Jake Elliot vs Car, had room on my bench so I picked up Vinatieri vs Buf and theres still Lutz @ Bal on waivers. Which of those three would you start?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Huskers wrote:

For TE I have J Cook

So I looked to see how lopsided this trade would be in our league. Standard scoring, Gurley, so far this season is 11th in scoring. Top 15 in scoring is 13 QBs and 2 RBs. Barkley comes in at 15. I would be trading the #1 point scorer in the league for the 11th. To me, seems like more than a fair trade. Really just depends on the scoring per league.

This logic would make sense if you could play all QBs on your fantasy football team. What you need to look at is value over replacement. Take a look at your current waiver wire. What does the average waiver QB score every week? Subtract that from Mahomes's average, and that is your value over replacement. What does the average waiver RB score every week? Take that average and subtract it from Gurley's weekly average, giving you Gurley's value over replacement. Not to mention, you can only start one QB usually whereas you need to start at least 2 RBs in most leagues.

As an example, would you rather have an average QB + Elite RB or an elite QB + average RB. The drop off from the elite QB to the average QB will be less (relatively) than the drop off from the elite RB to the average RB, which is why RBs are almost always most valuable than QBs (in general).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
I know we hardly talk about kickers here but I'm going up against a lethal team this week (michael thomas, thielen, melvin gordon, hill). I need all the points i can get. I have Jake Elliot vs Car, had room on my bench so I picked up Vinatieri vs Buf and theres still Lutz @ Bal on waivers. Which of those three would you start?

I'd probably lean Elliott over Vinatieri, with Lutz being 3rd for this week outdoors against a tough D. But I think Lutz is the best rest of season option, as you want dome kickers in great offenses, especially as the weather turns cold. Unless the weather is going to be bad in Philly on Sunday, I might just roll with Elliott. If you have room on your bench for Lutz, OK fine, but is there a RB or WR on waivers that might be a better use of space on your roster?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
I like that trade. I dont trust Thompson's health and its standard scoring anyway. Robby Anderson had that one good game but with Enunwa's injury he should have some more of those. Darnold should also get more comfortable as the season goes on

Hope it works out. I was also able to pick up Marlon Mack in last night's waiver claims. Now I have Hunt/Breida/Drake/Mack/Smallwood/Chubb at RB in that league, with Adams/Hilton/Golladay/John Brown/Godwin/Anderson at WR. I won't be winning the total points race in that league (it's an 8-team, 2-QB league), but at 4-2 I could stay competitive in H2H.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Huskers wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Huskers wrote:

For TE I have J Cook

This logic would make sense if you could play all QBs on your fantasy football team. What you need to look at is value over replacement. Take a look at your current waiver wire. What does the average waiver QB score every week? Subtract that from Mahomes's average, and that is your value over replacement. What does the average waiver RB score every week? Take that average and subtract it from Gurley's weekly average, giving you Gurley's value over replacement. Not to mention, you can only start one QB usually whereas you need to start at least 2 RBs in most leagues.

As an example, would you rather have an average QB + Elite RB or an elite QB + average RB. The drop off from the elite QB to the average QB will be less (relatively) than the drop off from the elite RB to the average RB, which is why RBs are almost always most valuable than QBs (in general).

I was going to reply to that post, but you nailed it.

In my 12-team standard scoring Yahoo league, there are 4 free agent QBs that scored 19 points or more (Darnold, Keenum, Beathard, and Osweiler) in week 6.

For RBs, the highest scoring FA running back was Raheem Mostert with 8.7 points.

This is what I meant earlier -- you gotta check the guys in your league and see if any of them think this way, and if you have Mahomes and you can pull of a Gurley trade to a less experienced player who needs a QB -- DO IT.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Huskers wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Huskers wrote:

For TE I have J Cook

I was going to reply to that post, but you nailed it.

In my 12-team standard scoring Yahoo league, there are 4 free agent QBs that scored 19 points or more (Darnold, Keenum, Beathard, and Osweiler) in week 6.

For RBs, the highest scoring FA running back was Raheem Mostert with 8.7 points.

This is what I meant earlier -- you gotta check the guys in your league and see if any of them think this way, and if you have Mahomes and you can pull of a Gurley trade to a less experienced player who needs a QB -- DO IT.

I understand all that, looking at averages for the season, if my memory serves me correctly, he was gaining 1.5 points per game, while getting the #1 overall scorer for the league.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

Who else faced the Broncos D last night?

And does anyone else have David Johnson? what in the world is going on with the cardinals coaching staff? are they really this incompetent?? Mike McCoy has GOT to get fired. How do you take one of the best pass catching rb's and not pass him the ball more? I am so frustrated. at the time of the draft, everyone had him going around the top 3 mark. He fell to me at 6th pick and i thought i got lucky. Ugh. To know I could have had Saquon or Melvin Gordon... tough tough.. This cardinals team might be the worst offense i've seen. Ever
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

And does anyone else have David Johnson? what in the world is going on with the cardinals coaching staff? are they really this incompetent?? Mike McCoy has GOT to get fired. How do you take one of the best pass catching rb's and not pass him the ball more? I am so frustrated. at the time of the draft, everyone had him going around the top 3 mark. He fell to me at 6th pick and i thought i got lucky. Ugh. To know I could have had Saquon or Melvin Gordon... tough tough.. This cardinals team might be the worst offense i've seen. Ever

Mike McCoy punted from his own 40 down 3 in the 4th quarter when he was the Chargers coach, true story.

Arizona on a pace for a historically bad offense despite having some good players.

McCoy is absolutely atrocious and has been getting paid for incompetence for many years now.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Mike McCoy punted from his own 40 down 3 in the 4th quarter when he was the Chargers coach, true story.

Arizona on a pace for a historically bad offense despite having some good players.

McCoy is absolutely atrocious and has been getting paid for incompetence for many years now.

And McCoy is no more.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

And McCoy is no more.
omg, best news of the day. DJ owners rejoice!!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Chubb promoted to starting RB for the Browns. Hyde traded to the Jags.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

I picked up him 3 weeks ago in the league where I had him, and am glad I held onto him. I was actually able to add him before anyone else did in my 2 other leagues, too. So now here's a question: standard scoring, I have to play 2 of the following: Breida, Chubb, Mack, Drake, Smallwood. I think I can pretty easily eliminate Smallwood, and I have my preferred order as the order I listed them, but I wonder if anyone would change that.

Opinions welcome.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I picked up him 3 weeks ago in the league where I had him, and am glad I held onto him. I was actually able to add him before anyone else did in my 2 other leagues, too. So now here's a question: standard scoring, I have to play 2 of the following: Breida, Chubb, Mack, Drake, Smallwood. I think I can pretty easily eliminate Smallwood, and I have my preferred order as the order I listed them, but I wonder if anyone would change that.

Opinions welcome.

That's probably how I would go too although playing Chubb I'd be a little nervous without knowing how the workload is going to be split up between him and DJ. And if it's a shootout, we could see more of DJ than Chubb.

But your other options are meh.
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

I'm in a PPR league and I have to decide between Chubb and Yeldon (Gurley is my #1). I'm still on the fence... Yeldon has performed well in PPR and is usually a guaranteed 10-20 points, but Chubb could blow up tomorrow with more carries. Tough choice...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

SoCaLjAy wrote:
I'm in a PPR league and I have to decide between Chubb and Yeldon (Gurley is my #1). I'm still on the fence... Yeldon has performed well in PPR and is usually a guaranteed 10-20 points, but Chubb could blow up tomorrow with more carries. Tough choice...

Unless you're an underdog and need to swing for the fences, I'd agree that Yeldon is the safer choice in a PPR.
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:

Unless you're an underdog and need to swing for the fences, I'd agree that Yeldon is the safer choice in a PPR.

I'm the favorite in the game, and should fare well (we'll see). It is really tempting to play the new player with a shot at big numbers over the steady player who has been less than spectacular but good. You're right though and that is how I have my lineup set now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 15 of 25
Jump to: