Which 5 Lakers are on the floor at the end of games this year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
LeBron, Ingram, Kuzma, Rondo, KCP

finally. everyone assuming Lonzo is a shoo in. Not if they start hack a zo-ing. WHoever said Hart, might be more accurate.

THere would not be a consistent end game lineup, it would all depend on the situation. I think Zo's ft troubles are a big deal and can't see him in there if they start intentionally fouling and its a 1-pt game or something. I can see Beasly replacing someone there if they need scoring, half those guys are brick machines (kuz, rondo, lbj to a degree but they would never keep him out).

THe problem is on defense all these guys are fantastic. SO if i were coach i'd be switching multiple players in and out as the poessisions change as much as possible because we don't have many great at D AND great at offense guys. No timeouts used until the last 5 minutes!

Neither Kuzma, KCP or Rondo are fantastic on defense. Lonzo is a better defender than all of them.

Lonzo is probably our most impactful defender this year, period.

KCP is an above average defender though, and his defense worked perfectly next to Lonzo which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him start. I feel like Lonzo/KCP was a very good defensive duo last year and a good reason to why we were able to be a good defensive team.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Roon wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
LeBron, Ingram, Kuzma, Rondo, KCP

finally. everyone assuming Lonzo is a shoo in. Not if they start hack a zo-ing. WHoever said Hart, might be more accurate.

THere would not be a consistent end game lineup, it would all depend on the situation. I think Zo's ft troubles are a big deal and can't see him in there if they start intentionally fouling and its a 1-pt game or something. I can see Beasly replacing someone there if they need scoring, half those guys are brick machines (kuz, rondo, lbj to a degree but they would never keep him out).

THe problem is on defense all these guys are fantastic. SO if i were coach i'd be switching multiple players in and out as the poessisions change as much as possible because we don't have many great at D AND great at offense guys. No timeouts used until the last 5 minutes!

Neither Kuzma, KCP or Rondo are fantastic on defense. Lonzo is a better defender than all of them.

Lonzo is probably our most impactful defender this year, period.

KCP is an above average defender though, and his defense worked perfectly next to Lonzo which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him start. I feel like Lonzo/KCP was a very good defensive duo last year and a good reason to why we were able to be a good defensive team.

I agree about defensive impact with Lonzo. I'm looking forward to see what Ingram can bring consistently as well.

Scheme vs matchups. I still don't know what the Lakers are going to run this year, but if their starting lineup is going to be switch heavy it's gotta be Hart. KCP is either not willing or not able to be a deterrent to bigs when switched onto them.

KCP is a better on ball defender, and better at guarding ones, and quicker players in general. It might make sense to have him out there with McGee if we're not going to switch as much.

I would be fine with either of them starting, but would personally give Hart the nod due to the future. KCP aint 10 million better than Hart.

I would be fine with either of the closing as well. If KCP is shooting well I expect him to close Thursday against Lillard/McCollum.

Luke has his work cut out for him.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

I think the current roster and lack of true center options forces Luke to be flexible at least first 20 games of the season.

It's hard to not see LBJ and BI out there. You include McGee if you really need the length and rebounding. Otherwise, more scoring with Kuz. I'd like to see Lonzo showing that he belongs out there to close. But, no reason to ignore that we have the experience of Rondo if Zo is having a rough game or whatever the case. I wouldn't hand a spot to KCP over Hart, either. Whichever guy is gaming and defending. I could just as easily see a bench guy earn his way into closing minutes on some nights.

I'm assuming the FO waits to see how the current roster performs against various types of opponents before pulling the trigger on a backup center, for example. So, we may be seeing plenty of experiments out there. Luke is already known to tinker with his lineups. So, we know he won't hesitate to try different combinations. I don't think there's too many guys on the roster that should feel entirely comfortable about starting or finishing games, not yet anyways.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo
KCP
Hart
Ingram
LeBron
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

There's probably 30 games or so to go before we'll actually know who is starting to fit together in combinations better than others. I think for the early season, we'll see the end game lineups (if it's a crunch time) dictated more by game day match-ups than anything else, and secondarily, by day of game Laker shooting heat.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: