2018-19 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Larry Fitzgerald must really love the game of football because there is really nothing for him to play for on this awful Cardinals team.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

Cards fired OC Mike McCoy.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/19/jim-kelly-heading-to-indianapolis-to-watch-the-bills-against-frank-reichs-colts/#comments

Quote:
Jim Kelly heading to Indianapolis to watch the Bills against Frank Reich’s Colts

Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly has been through a tough cancer battle over the last few years, so it’s good to hear he’s feeling well enough to take a trip to take in a game.

Kelly will be there to see his old team, the Bills, take on the Colts, who are coached by Kelly’s longtime backup Frank Reich. Reich told the Buffalo media that Kelly, former Bills punter John Kidd and former Bills running back Thurman Thomas are among the former teammates who will be getting together at the Bills-Colts game.

“Jim Kelly will be here,” Reich said. “John Kidd was another teammate of mine, he will be here. I’ve heard Thurman and some others, but I’m not sure who. I don’t think they all are going to make it. I think a few of the guys are going to make it.”

Reich played for the Bills from 1985 to 1994, starting just three regular season games in that time but famously filling in for the injured Kelly in two playoff victories, one of which was the greatest comeback in NFL history. Reich said he’s still close with those teammates.

“Yeah, it was a real close-knit group,” Reich said. “We had a lot of good years and a lot of wins together, so it will be good to see whoever ends up showing up.”

Reich said he won’t ask Kelly who he’s rooting for, probably because he knows that, as close as the two former quarterbacks are, Kelly could never root against the Bills.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Larry Fitzgerald must really love the game of football because there is really nothing for him to play for on this awful Cardinals team.

All that was left was being productive as a player, now he's back to square one on offense because of QB youth.

My guess is he will retire at season end if he wants to only play for Cardinals.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

If it wasn't for the Rams, a lot more people would pay attention to the Chargers in LA. They are actually pretty good this year. Beating the Titans in London today.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

Chargers move to 5-2 with a win against the Titans.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

Looks like Watson got the message, stop taking those hits!. He slide on one play, went out of bounds on another. What bothers me is, he still dives head first. I have a feeling he's gonna get clocked again.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Blake Bortles Jax Jags QB, benched, CD.

Kessler delivers, Jags 7 Hou 20.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

I LOVE RedZone at this time. Whoahh Cam!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
This decision will come back to haunt the Colts if it turns out that the tie would have gotten them into the playoffs. The difference between starting 1-3 and 1-2-1 could be crucial. *cough* Meanwhile, we will look back on this in a few months and see that this was the start of my Texans' unlikely march to our first Super Bowl title. *cough* What a gift!

Obviously, I was joking when I wrote that. The Texans are a mediocre team with a solid defense and an offense that is spotty at best. Still . . . if current scores hold, the Texans will be tied for first in the AFC South tomorrow morning. Jacksonville and Tennessee are major disappointments.

And just like that, the Texans are alone in first place in the AFC South and are in position to make the playoffs. That’s just too weird.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Mayfield brought the Browns back. Good decision giving him the starting job.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Jacksonville imploding?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25044582/jaguars-lose-temper-locker-room-blake-bortles-benched-loss

The Texans may be in the same division, but I still hate to see something like this. This must be frustrating for the fans.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Mayfield brought the Browns back. Good decision giving him the starting job.

did you see the ending to that game? I am no fan of Koetter, but that took some guts to send Catanzaro out there for a 59 yard attempt to win.....Catanzaro had already missed an xtra point and a 40 yard FG. If he misses, Baker is getting the ball near mid-field with plenty of time.

The Buc's defense was great until Kwon Alexander went down right before halftime with a likely torn ACL.......the Bucs are in trouble without him the rest of the year.

Bucs Pro Bowl LB Kwon Alexander feared to have torn ACL in win
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jacksonville imploding?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25044582/jaguars-lose-temper-locker-room-blake-bortles-benched-loss

The Texans may be in the same division, but I still hate to see something like this. This must be frustrating for the fans.

I just wish Jalen Ramsey would shut his mouth. FWIW, Kessler looked better than Bortles....and the one interception he threw was not his fault....it was off Yeldon's hands.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Man! Hill, a guy who never drops a ball, dropped a sure six. He did the WR no no, let the ball hit him on the shoulder pads. I hate it when a receiver doesn't go get the ball and lets it come to him. Made up for it with a TD catch.

chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
If it wasn't for the Rams, a lot more people would pay attention to the Chargers in LA. They are actually pretty good this year. Beating the Titans in London today.

The Chargers are the Clippers of the NFL. Secondary to the real LA team (Rams) and relocated from San Diego.

They're doing really well right now and that's without Joey Bosa.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jacksonville imploding?

I just wish Jalen Ramsey would shut his mouth. FWIW, Kessler looked better than Bortles....and the one interception he threw was not his fault....it was off Yeldon's hands.

Jalen Ramsey has kept his mouth shut ever since the Chiefs game. "I don't know"
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

chickenjoy24 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jacksonville imploding?

I was referring to the link....he was the first one talking to the media about the team, coaches, etc.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
chickenjoy24 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jacksonville imploding?

I was referring to the link....he was the first one talking to the media about the team, coaches, etc.

He is wise to be quiet. I have Jacksonville as my defense in my big money fantasy league and they have been terrible overall this season and Ramsey has been nothing special individually.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Cowboys traded their 2019 1st round pick to Oakland for Amari Cooper. Steep price IMO. The Cowboys pick is currently #8.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Cowboys traded their 2019 1st round pick to Oakland for Amari Cooper. Steep price IMO. The Cowboys pick is currently #8.

Whoa.. nice trade for the silver and black. Not sure Amari will aid the Cowboys significantly. Their issues extend way beyond the receiver position.

Also, surprised that Jerry would give up a 1st for Cooper. But didn't want to give up a 2nd for Earl Thomas. Signs of a desperation move imo.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Is it just me or football seems like its suffering from a slow death?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

No, it's not just you. Since concussion protocols went viral the game has suffered.

The need to protect the players, especially quarterbacks, has taken from the game as we knew it. The brutality of the sport is it's attraction.

Bright spots are players like Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Todd Gurley, Jared Goff, to name a few. They bring excitement. Of course the Ol Skoolers like Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers and Ben Roethlisberger garner some attention.

TPTB are doing their best to rejuvenate the game. It will be high on sports to watch for a long time.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Every sport is cyclical. The NBA suffered during the cocaine era and again during the slowdown era. Baseball had some bad patches, especially after the lockout fiasco. Hockey almost went broke.

The NFL had a boom during the fantasy bubble. It is struggling with the concussion issue. For the time being, I think the NFL is fine. It’s just going through a cycle.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention the sport is oversaturated even during the offseason. Sooner or later people will pay less attention to it and find something else for entertainment. Its not anything new. I believe the NFL had down ratings for a period of time after the Elway era.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 43 of 106
Jump to: