View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerfan2012
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
lakerfan2012 wrote:
Did Ingram play terrible today or something? These comments having me confused

He missed some open 3s, but he wasn't terrible overall.

Kuzma was worse on both ends of the floor.

KCP and Lance played a combined 47 minutes and provided negligible impact.

Yeah Kuzma disappointed me today. But then again, I was never high on him last season either.

Ingram hate tonight is confusing though. Seemed like he had a pretty decent game. 16 points on good FG % in only 27 min. People point to him missing his 3's but NO ONE except Hart was hitting tonight, even LeBron
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

JAN24/2/14 wrote:
Come on you guys, are you really lakers fans? Quit (bleep) on the first game on the road against an emotional team whom we've always struggled against. Give it about 10 games before you jump for trading the entire team. Only way we can go is UP

This

Portland has been together they are emotional and they did that half court 3 crap on us last year.

We have an all new team with youth and one superstar we were away . And we stayed in the game. If we had one other big in there I say we win this game. Too bad wag is hurt.

I'll wait 20 games before I start crying.

Oh PS told you all about my Boy Hart

Last edited by noahp45 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe Svi could be like Staukas. Why didn't we play him? Stop playing tough physical defender type players. LOL. Magic's "vision" of a defensive minded team in today's NBA is blowing up in his face.

There's NO easy way to fix our problem THIS season but thankfully, we could fix it very easily once this season is over. Until then, I guess another mediocre season. We probably gonna miss the playoffs by a game or two.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

shortodom wrote:
Should be a age limit for this site. Seems like a bunch of kids in here. Like we didn't know it was going to take a while to gel. We didn't rebound, shoot, play as good defense as we can yet we still kept it close. We're fine. You learn more from your loses then wins

I'm hopeful the defense can improve, that these guys just need to learn to gel. But the 3 point shooting is hardly an anomaly. We were one of the worst 3 point shooting teams last year and aside from Lebron, everyone we signed shoots a career average below our bottom 5 in the league shooting. Magic blamed Luke for not hiring a shooting coach last year. Vowed to get one this year. Didn't. Didn't add shooters. We prioritized "grit" instead.
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Yeah we lost but lets not overreact. First game on the road against a team who owns us, newly put together team, and we shot horribly. Even Shaq and Kenny said we the fans should be encouraged.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

ramirezmu8 wrote:
Yeah we lost but lets not overreact. First game on the road against a team who owns us, newly put together team, and we shot horribly. Even Shaq and Kenny said we the fans should be encouraged.

I don't think reactions to the shooting are an overreaction. We were a bad shooting team all year last year. Who among Lance, Beasley, Rondo, and Javale is supposed to change that?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Not too sad about this game given the circumstances plus we had some positives. More sad about the reactions on this forum

On to the next one...
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ramirezmu8 wrote:

I don't think reactions to the shooting are an overreaction. We were a bad shooting team all year last year. Who among Lance, Beasley, Rondo, and Javale is supposed to change that?

Exactly.

Shooting is our biggest problem and the worst problem to have. Guys don’t just magically become good shooters
lakerfan2012
Star Player
Star Player

chantruong wrote:
Not too sad about this game given the circumstances plus we had some positives. More sad about the reactions on this forum

On to the next one...

Yeah seriously, don't remember LG being this toxic last year. Lots of former Cavs fans here?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

Luke's gotta fix his rotations, too. At least one of Rondo/Lebron has to be on the floor at all times and Ball needs to be playing with at least one of them or Ingram and not (bleep) Lance.

Last edited by pjiddy on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

pjiddy wrote:
ramirezmu8 wrote:

The hope was (is?) for internal improvement because sometimes young players do get better at shooting.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I enjoyed the game even if disappointed with the result.

The problems many of us identified were an issue... we needed another large body to neutralize Portland's bigs... and we need shooters.

I'd give Svi minutes even if it might cost us a few games at the beginning... Lance made a couple nice plays, but he's not a long term solution.

But it was exciting to see them run... took me back thirty years...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

lakerfan2012 wrote:
chantruong wrote:

On to the next one...

Yeah seriously, don't remember LG being this toxic last year. Lots of former Cavs fans here?

Higher stakes and folks are tired of losing.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

chantruong wrote:

On to the next one...
Amen!
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan2012 wrote:
chantruong wrote:

On to the next one...

I mean its all good, its a natural reaction. I do think they are a lot of Lakers Haters posing and fans on this forum tho. But thats my tin foil hat theory

Last edited by chantruong on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

ramirezmu8 wrote:

But this was like a measuring stick game. It showed where we are as a team. Had we won this game, we would have been considered elite. Without the three point shooting, we'd be like a middle of the road team at best. I was expecting top 3 or top 4 in the West but now, I think we're more like a 5-8 team that gets eliminated in the first round of playoffs.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
lakerfan2012 wrote:
chantruong wrote:

On to the next one...

I mean its all good, its a natural reaction. I do think they are a lot of Lakers Haters posing and fans on this forum. But thats my tin foil hat theory

Or just die hard Laker fans who are tired of mediocrity, because that’s not what this franchise stands for.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ramirezmu8 wrote:

The hope was (is?) for internal improvement because sometimes young players do get better at shooting.

I think modest improvement is the most we can expect. if we can get 35% from Ingram or Ball, that's a win for their own improvement, but it doesn't significantly move the needle for us when they're both reluctant shooters. Ingram's 39% last year was on 2 attempts a game. Can he maintain that at volume? I think KCP's 37% was a fluke. Kuzma i think will be a 37% lifer.

I've always thought 3-point shooting was contagious, in both directions. Seeing your teammates make em helps you make em. But when people start clanking, seems like everyone does. We needed veteran 3-point shooting and convinced ourselves the young guys got it.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

some silly stuff in here and other threads but thats nothing new...

I see a powerful offensive engine that needs to be fine tuned and a long defense that needs to be dialed in
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Man we need Wagner back or gonna have to bring in a center real soon

Unfair to Kuzma having to play center because there’s no other option..
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Do you think the Pelicans would trade us Julius Randle for lance stephenson, Michael Beasley, and Javale McGee?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Portland's bench just torched us. That's where the game was lost. Young players struggle shooting on the road and it's something they need experience to get over. The chemistry will build. What was everyone expecting?? Say be patient and not be patient? We all want them to go plowing through teams but it is a process unfortunately for the impatient out there. WE WERE ON THE ROAD. Get a grip. Lonzo continues to look a bit timid offensively but again he's getting it back. It's good to get them all the quality minutes to see who sticks and doesn't. One game isn't going to decide that.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ramirezmu8 wrote:

I think modest improvement is the most we can expect. if we can get 35% from Ingram or Ball, that's a win for their own improvement, but it doesn't significantly move the needle for us when they're both reluctant shooters. Ingram's 39% last year was on 2 attempts a game. Can he maintain that at volume? I think KCP's 37% was a fluke. Kuzma i think will be a 37% lifer.

I've always thought 3-point shooting was contagious, in both directions. Seeing your teammates make em helps you make em. But when people start clanking, seems like everyone does. We needed veteran 3-point shooting and convinced ourselves the young guys got it.

I agree with your point about 3 point shooting being contagious... especially when it comes to missing them. In theory that was what LBJ was supposed to do... be a calming influence and stopping the bleeding which tonight he did not. He was zero for 4 and caused 40% of our turnovers.

On the bright side, we shot like garbage and were still in the game... LBJ always loses his first game in a new city... so this is nothing new. They won't always shoot like this, and when they are hot I can see them beating any team.

Hopefully the law of averages will offset... and we have a monster game against Houston.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

Home opener against Houston is going to be tougher.
Star Player
Star Player

All_Star_Laker wrote:
Do you think the Pelicans would trade us Julius Randle for lance stephenson, Michael Beasley, and Javale McGee?

Why trade McGee?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 72 of 74
Jump to: