OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1238, 1239, 1240 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I thought he was good on defense when I watched the game live last night but he was really really good on defense after watching the tape. Very encouraging steps forward so far. Only complaint is that we need more boards from him considering the weaknesses of this team. He's capable of more than 4 in 28 minutes.

No one will ever confuse me for SoCalDevin, but Ingram's defense to start this preseason and season makes me more excIted about him than I've been since the draft.

It's not like I'm overly optimistic.. Just so we're clear I don't make statements about him being an allstar, superstar, or the next KD.. I merely defend him when I believe there is a critique that's off. I even said he probably won't look like an allstar for another 2 years.

U defend him to a fault. I agree with Baron here

With that said, peace

I disagree, peace..
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I thought he was good on defense when I watched the game live last night but he was really really good on defense after watching the tape. Very encouraging steps forward so far. Only complaint is that we need more boards from him considering the weaknesses of this team. He's capable of more than 4 in 28 minutes.

No one will ever confuse me for SoCalDevin, but Ingram's defense to start this preseason and season makes me more excIted about him than I've been since the draft.

It's not like I'm overly optimistic.. Just so we're clear I don't make statements about him being an allstar, superstar, or the next KD.. I merely defend him when I believe there is a critique that's off. I even said he probably won't look like an allstar for another 2 years.

Respect on a chill Friday night.

Did you like his 3pt shooting against Portland?

What was there to like about his 3 point shooting? This is what I mean, why would I defend his shooting when it was poor?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Respect on a chill Friday night.

Did you like his 3pt shooting against Portland?

What was there to like about his 3 point shooting? This is what I mean, why would I defend his shooting when it was poor?

Because he took smart shots mostly in rhythm. Even though he missed all of them, the shot selection was a good sign for the rest of his season.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

You asked if I liked his 3 point shooting, not the shot selection. Two entirely different things.

The answer is still no, I didn't like his shot selection for the most part. Not a fan of iso pull ups for contested mid range J's.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I am satisfied with his defence but his offence is far below my expectation

The British are so hard to please.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
I think as fans we forget he just turned 21. If 16pts/4rebs/2stls/2blks in a road game opener is a terrible game for him there there are more reasons to be optimistic about his trajectory as a player than not.

For comparisons sake go look at what DLO, Kuz and Randle were doing at age 21 or what Paul George (9pts/7rebs/2asts on 3-8 from the field) or DRoz (9pts/3rebs/2asts on 2-7 from the field) did on opening night at age 21. I hate the KD comparisons but take a look at his game log and how awful he was against Portland (the reach is long on this one but my point still stands) https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duranke01/gamelog/2010/

So chill and enjoy the ride

well Tatum is only 20years and putting up solid numbers in playoffs and in regular season. same can be said of J Brown

Tatum is a special talent. Should’ve drafted him that will surely end up as a mistake. IMO if anyones going to be compared to Durant it should be him. Especially with the way he’s continued growing, that kid might be 6’10” now.

https://app.alphavoice.io/s3/images/2/21/21aff5225ccd4a7e9a7fe5a828010909.jpeg
Hayward taller

You mean Horford? In that pic Horford looks slighty taller. In others Tatum looks taller or same height.

seeing what you wana see

https://ibb.co/mfo6t0

Am I still seeing what I want to see? This is a pretty good straight angle and Tatum appears to be the same height as Horford if not slightly taller.

LMAO

Not sure what’s funny.

I’m assuming he’s laughing at your altered version of his picture.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

"Respect on a chill Friday night."

lol@ BVH trying to use Jedi mind control on me..
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
I think as fans we forget he just turned 21. If 16pts/4rebs/2stls/2blks in a road game opener is a terrible game for him there there are more reasons to be optimistic about his trajectory as a player than not.

For comparisons sake go look at what DLO, Kuz and Randle were doing at age 21 or what Paul George (9pts/7rebs/2asts on 3-8 from the field) or DRoz (9pts/3rebs/2asts on 2-7 from the field) did on opening night at age 21. I hate the KD comparisons but take a look at his game log and how awful he was against Portland (the reach is long on this one but my point still stands) https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duranke01/gamelog/2010/

well Tatum is only 20years and putting up solid numbers in playoffs and in regular season. same can be said of J Brown

Tatum is a special talent. Should’ve drafted him that will surely end up as a mistake. IMO if anyones going to be compared to Durant it should be him. Especially with the way he’s continued growing, that kid might be 6’10” now.

Hayward taller

You mean Horford? In that pic Horford looks slighty taller. In others Tatum looks taller or same height.

seeing what you wana see

Am I still seeing what I want to see? This is a pretty good straight angle and Tatum appears to be the same height as Horford if not slightly taller.

LMAO

Not sure what’s funny.

Unless he believes Horford is on his left and Tatum to the right

Could he?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

This is not the internet fight you're looking for.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

You clearly have a bad read on me.. wasn't looking for a fight smh.

You probably thought I'd be offended by your statement, which is why you said what I quoted. I just thought it was funny.

In addition you mentioned my name unnecessarily, which didn't bother me.. but you can't think I'm looking for a fight when you evoked my name in something that had nothing to do with me.

Last edited by SocalDevin on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Hayward taller

seeing what you wana see

LMAO

Not sure what’s funny.

I didn’t alter anything, this is a press photo.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

You clearly have a bad read on me.. wasn't looking for a fight smh.

You probably thought I'd be offended by your statement, which is why you said what I quoted. I just thought it was funny.

I'm just an Alec Guinness fan.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I am in a jovial mood tonight. Can't recall ever using the word jovial. So to cheer everyone up

Toronto 113 Boston 101

Jayson Tatum 36 min. 16 pts 6-16 2-6 3pt 5 tov 5 pf -14 +/-

yes I did not list any stat he did reasonably well so as not to spoil the good vibes.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I am in a jovial mood tonight. Can't recall ever using the word jovial. So to cheer everyone up

Toronto 113 Boston 101

yes I did not list any stat he did reasonably well so as not to spoil the good vibes.

Tatum isn’t honestly all that, not sure why we should feel bad that we did not draft him, it’s not a Michael Jordan and Sam Bowie situation, Tatum will be a legit all star and that’s it.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Toronto 113 Boston 101

I saw the full stat line and it was pretty bad. Did Kawhi do his thing on Tatum or what?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually not in a bad mood at all.. I just think BVH may have misread me. I was being lighthearted with the Jedi mind control remark.

I actually like Boston, even though I've hated them all my life. @Planted
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Hayward taller

seeing what you wana see

LMAO

Here’s more proof. Since the other was comical to you.
Again, am I seeing what I want to see?

https://ibb.co/fB1q30
https://ibb.co/m2n8qf
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I'm actually not in a bad mood at all.. I just think BVH may have misread me. I was being lighthearted with the Jedi mind control remark.

You should check out The Lavender Hill Mob if you like old flicks at all.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I don't believe BVH was serious. I think he was quoting a line from Alex Guinness.

We all need to increase our profound wisdom so we can truly appreciate all BVH shares with us.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Toronto 113 Boston 101

What I've learned from watching the last four seasons of tanking/rebuilding basketball is to be humble in the face of youth, because none of us really know where these young guys are going.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Hayward taller

seeing what you wana see

LMAO

Here’s more proof. Since the other was comical to you.
Again, am I seeing what I want to see?

https://ibb.co/fB1q30
https://ibb.co/m2n8qf

If you notice Horford is standing at least a foot back from Tatum. This will always distort height comparisons.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Yep, I study film.. Thx I'll check it out.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I don't believe BVH was serious. I think he was quoting a line from Alex Guinness.

We all need to increase our profound wisdom so we can truly appreciate all BVH shares with us.

Yea I realized that after the fact.. I guess he's probably as old as me.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Yep, I study film.. Thx I'll check it out.

Very cool Any particular time period or school you prefer?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I honestly don't like Boston and you can include the Patriots.

Did not believe you were in a bad mood or BVH.

Just wanted to use the word Jovial
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1238, 1239, 1240 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1239 of 1885
Jump to: